buy guitar or amp

i currently own a gherson stratocaster copy and i plug it into my dad's old technics sa-310 tuner with 2x100 watts jvc speakers. for effects i use a zoom 505-II. i want to by something in a 150-200$ price range :

1. sell the gherson and get a SX GG-1 CLA Gold Top and a Peavey Rage 15 watt amp

(is it better than the technics?)

2. sell the gherson and get a Agile AL-2500 Herittage Cherry

3. keep the gherson and get a good amp (could you pls tell me one)

i want to buy from rondomusic.com because i read a lot of good reviews about them.

any suggestion is welcomed

don't sell hte guitar, you'll regret it, even if it means nothing to you now everyone regrets selling their first guitar. plus you wouldn't get any money for the guitar, it wouldn't be worth it. always worth it to have a backup guitar too.

i say save your money and get an agile (i live near them, the guitars are excellent values) the guitar is more then good enough to play out.

i don't know how much you plan on playing out but maybe get something extremely cheap and then think about spending a good amount of money on something great.

I would definately keep the guitar you have now as long as its in good working order and doesnt need any repairs. Get the better amp...i had a peavey rage 158 and they are a great starter amp, but if you have the cash handy, it would make way more beneficial to you to get a better one. I like the Peavey Classic 30. Its all tube, and you can sometimes find them on ebay used. New they can get a bit pricey.

From what i've heard, Agile guitars are great guitars for the buck, but I would mainly recommend them to someone who doesnt have an electric already. You might as well use what you have for a few years and then see about making a big upgrade. If you get an Agile now, in a few years you might want to make this same upgrade anyway so you might as well spend the money elsewhere now.

Also, as far as amps go, I use a Mesa Boogie Subway Rocket Reverb and it kicks ass. It's small, but still gets pretty loud when the tubes are nice and heated up. You may also want to check out the Trace Elliot Velocette, but I will admit that it doesnt have a great eq section on it, and you may want to invest in a preamp later. Im a big fan of all-tube amps, so naturally i would suggest you spend extra cash now to get one of these that will last you a long time. Even pros use an amp like the peavey classic 30 (with a p.a.) for small gigs.