Modern Music

cantrell&vai

modern music isn't about talent, its about image & looks,thats what sells

music is aimed at teenage girls. take busted for instance, how could they actually play guitars the way they jumped about on stage?

Exactly, the music labels a looking for a new 'product' that's fresh. For example they write some songs for a girl who sits and play the piano in all videos or lets give a girl an ugly flat haircut, dark eyes and dress her up like punkish.

Kids today are serious consumers, they got money. That's why it's crap on the charts. That's why MTV can't afford to be different anymore and why they play those dumbass ring tunes after every single song.

Of course there are some exceptions..

Modern music doesn't suck, it's you lot who suck. You're still living in the 70's and 80's and expect a 2 minute widdly guitar solo in every single rock song, and think that any song without a solo is shit. A lot of bands sucked back in the 70's and even some of the bands now considered legendery had silly songs like with Led Zeppelin they sang about mythical creatures, hobbits and dungeons and dragons, doesn't that sound silly to you, at least nowadays bands don't make these kinds of songs. Live in the now, or build a time machine to take you back to your precious 70's and 80's - decades in which most of you were not even alive in or are too young to remember. Motherfuckers.

Slipknot

Cradle of Filth

Lamb of God

Alien Crime Syndicate

Venaculas

Green Day

Marilyn Manson

Shadow's Fall

Tommy Stinson

Dielated

Three Days Grace

Drowning Pool

Smilin' Liar

some of my favorite bands that have emerged in the last 10 years. Bolded ones are the best.

Edited by AnEskimo

Modern bands I really like, and are more or less famous:

The Sheer

Flogging Molly

Travis

Coldplay

Keane

In all honesty...a band does not have to "rock" to be an amzing band.

I liked Keane's performance on SNL a couple of weeks ago. And (gasp) I sort of dig Kelly Clarkson too. Don't know if I'd actually buy an album, but out of the new teenybopper pop stars she's the best. She was on SNL yesterday and damn she's a hard rockin' chick.

Modern mainstream music is not what it used to be. If you still want that emotion and feel that you got out of modern music 10+ years ago you gotta look beyond the mainstream, cause now in 2005 music which you find so damn good won't slap you in the face like it did back in 1991. You gotta find its lure nowadays.

There is one reason why mainstream music sucks:

POP IDOL.

POP STARS.

AMERICAN IDOL.

Whatever the hell you call it, I think that reality TV shows are churning out talentless "popstars" who are famous for a less amount of time than their songs last. And that's not long.

here is why i will give it up for kelly clarkston in her SNL performance last night.......

ok she's a pop star.... she sang a pop song with a pop band backing her...

what she did -NOT- have was a band all dressed up like "punk rockers" and "indie" people who just happened to be playing pop music.......... that is one thing i hate. look at avril lavigne, ashley simpson, hilary duff....... their music is total pop, whatever... but their band members are TOTALLY not representative of the music with the way they look.. it's like ashley and avril are trying to look like the exploited or the casulties or something, yet their music sounds like straight vagina discharge......... it's terrible..

but yeah, kelly clarkston? her music might not be my thing but at least she looks the part.

People forget the sheer volume of stuff that sucked 15-20 years ago. I think about rock music in the early 90s, especially stuff that was popular, and I can only think of a handful of bands which were any good. Then grunge came about, and the result was the same... a few innovators, a few musically talented artists, and a whole lot of crap.

People forget the sheer volume of stuff that sucked 15-20 years ago. I think about rock music in the early 90s, especially stuff that was popular, and I can only think of a handful of bands which were any good. Then grunge came about, and the result was the same... a few innovators, a few musically talented artists, and a whole lot of crap.

Sure most of the stuff sucked, but the mainstream bands were much better than what we have today. I remember Much Music and what they played in the late 80s early 90s...GN'R, Metallica, Def Leppard, Bryan Adams, Blue Rodeo, Tom Cochrane, Motley Crue, Springsteen, Poison, etc. Now we've got Maroon 5, J-Lo, Yellowcard, Sum 41, Linkin Park, Nelly, etc. You may not like some of the acts I've named, that's not really the point. It's a big difference in musical quality, at least IMO. Yes, bands like Poison and Adams are cheesy, but they could write a nice tune...not all music has to be serious.

Not everything out there today is bad, even in the mainstream, but the bad is just so prevalent that it's so damn frustrating.

Well i think the reason why music sucks these days are because you have these people who try to keep all this music of the shelves, witch isnt helping.

I meen say if AFD was banned then we wouldnt have a clue about it, whats the point in bannin this music any way all they are doin is showin how they feel so what axl says is "If this music is banned then shoudnt the bible be banned, the bible has caused more death's then life's"

And all this modern music suck's and Keane isnt rock i mean it dusnt even have a guitar player imagen GNR with out slash :scared:

And franze ferdinhand well i canteven spell the bands name right. :ph34r:

And i only like Muse, for me they are a good band.

and some of the darkness but i wouldnt class the darkness as rock ;)