Best Voice

kopie85

Of these who had the best voice  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Izzy's Girl...actually, Freddie contracted aids in the mid 80's and was singing ill for a good part of his career.

He wins hands down...although...Robert Plant had a very close second but only loses out due to his whining voice during live performances...and his tendencies to squeak live...HTWWW was glossed over and redone to make it perfect...

no to say he doesn't have an amazing voice, because he does, but Freddie beats him out.

most of the others er...shouted or screamed...not sang

except bruce dickenson and maybe jack bruce...they're good too

Bono? he should be mentioned too...very uncreative with his hooks though

Edited by stevGNR666

Genesis:

Axl screams and whines a lot in his songs....sure they're on pitch and all...but it's still using only a type of your vocal chords that's meant for screaming

Eddie Vedder...Jim Morrison...Robert Plant...David Lee Roth...Mick Jagger...they all screamed at the tops of their lungs during concerts and that's what rock and roll's about right? but we're not talking about who's the best frontman...we're talking about who's the best singer...Sure they all COULD sing and displayed that on recordings...when the song called for it...but the one who dispayed the best singing is Freddie

Bruce Dickinson being one of the best melodic singers

Ozzy had his signature wail

Sure, Axl had his annoying whine.

Morrisson even had his almost crooning voice.

DLR had his voice as well. Just because Freddie went falsetto, doesnt mean nobody else on the list can sing.

Edited by Genesis

Genesis:

Axl screams and whines a lot in his songs....sure they're on pitch and all...but it's still using only a type of your vocal chords that's meant for screaming

Eddie Vedder...Jim Morrison...Robert Plant...David Lee Roth...Mick Jagger...they all screamed at the tops of their lungs during concerts and that's what rock and roll's about right? but we're not talking about who's the best frontman...we're talking about who's the best singer...Sure they all COULD sing and displayed that on recordings...when the song called for it...but the one who dispayed the best singing is Freddie

I agree there but Freddie was a great frontman too! He had everything!

I dont believe for one second that Axl is a better singer though. Axl has a rock voice suited for rock songs whereas Freddie seems to be able to sing any type of song and make it sound good.

Izzy's Girl:

You're right! Freddie could get everyone singing...EVERYONE...it's amazing

Genesis:

I see your point and I agree that Bruce D has a great melodic voice (although he gets a bit carried away with it sometimes)

Morrison was a poet, not a singer and he knew it

I never said "everyoneone else couldn't sing"..."i said most of the others on the list were wailers or shouters"

I think jack bruce was a good singer...just not as good as freddie...and i'm not just going by his falsetto...i'm going by the tone and ability to change between normal and falsetto voice smoothly

Plant could mix the two also, but not with the same smoothness all the time

yeee that reallly must have been one of the hardest questions to answer...i went for robbie though...love that voice freddie is good too

i would have gone for axl...or studio axl...it just bugs me that he never sounds the same way live as he does on tape...not even close sometimes...but hey i quess that's life