GnR New Cover Songs

Duffan

Was thinking about this the other day and wanted to know if there were any songs out there you'd like to see the new GnR put thier spin on , I know I would be intrested in hearing  them , how about you . Or are there any GnR songs you'd like to see covered by any "worthy " enough bands .

Peace GnR Nation  8)

I don't know about wanting to hear GN'R covering any songs, but I have gotten my hands on a couple of punk bands covering some GN'R stuff. L7 did a cover of Used To Love Her changing it to Used To Love Him and Penna 5 (something like that) doing Paradise City. Other than what Sheryl Crow and Hole covered I havent found any other covers cept for quick live stuff. Tenacious D did a quick Sweet Child O' Mine into Mr. Brownstone and The Adam Sandler Knockin On Heavens Door.

Chuck

If you go to www.towerrecords.com and type in guns n roses, there is a listing of albums.  Keep scrolling down and there is an album of different artist(s) doing gnr songs.  I believe you can listen to these songs but only 30 seconds of it.  

Actually, I went to the site to sample Buckethead's solo songs and was impressed with Electric Tears & Colma but at least I got to sample 30 seconds of each song.

Thanks for that info ^ , I always thought GnR would do a good cover of Turn the Page , ( Metallica's is cool ) , I think Axl would be able to really get into that song and I would've loved to hear how Slash woulda played it with his own style .

Peace Gnr Nation  8)

You know that would have been the perfect song for them. Axl taking it up an octave toward the end of a track and Slash's folk, bluesy, southern style playing(with the top hat) would have been perfect. The new industrial GNR wouldn't hack it the same way.

i´ll tell you something,

almost a decade waiting for new guns and roses and new songs is too much to want hear cover songs, i think is better they wait for playing cover songs at least chinese democracy comes out with 18 new songs ... i think it sounds ridiculous to be 10 years working in about 70 songs and now play cover songs in the concerts.

Angie by The Rolling Stones but.... only if Slash playing guitar   ;D

Angie would be great or Wild Horses, I think Axl would sound great on either.