Neil Young

jrockstr

alot of my friends have been tellin' me about Neil Young and they've said that he's an "awesome guitar player, one of the best along with S.R.V., Clapton and etc." so is he really as good as my friends are telling me? if not then do you know anyone's thats better than him but is underrated? i mean i've known about him but haven't bothered to check him out. anyone fans of him and if so then do you know any albums or songs i should take a listen to?

rox on

Ha mand I love Neil really.

Although I wouldn't say he's some that amazing guitarplayer, but then ha, I still love listening to him.

The first album I heard was Time Fades Away, although I think you can only get that on LP, but ha I just love that one anyway.

Then I was told to buy Weld by Neil Young & Crazy Horse, and it's some Live 2 Disc thing, and it's just pretty amazing really :mellow:

I also really like Harvest, but then that's some acoustic thing.

I only own these three albums, but like I said, I love them all really.

Although, if you've got some LP-player, you should definitely get that Time Fades Away album. Mand that one is even getting quite acid ^_^

Av and some deadunderrated guitarplayer is Ed Wynne really.

And then Jimi Hendrix is getting quite underrated too.

And Tømrerclaus and Ole Poulsen and Giese and Stig Møller and all these deadacid Danish people you probably won't like anyway :P

No well you might, it's jsut hard to get stuff of them if you don't live in Denmark it seems :mellow:

Edited by Lindy

Ha mand I love Neil really.

Although I wouldn't say he's some that amazing guitarplayer, but then ha, I still love listening to him.

The first album I heard was Time Fades Away, although I think you can only get that on LP, but ha I just love that one anyway.

Then I was told to buy Weld by Neil Young & Crazy Horse, and it's some Live 2 Disc thing, and it's just pretty amazing really :mellow:

I also really like Harvest, but then that's some acoustic thing.

I only own these three albums, but like I said, I love them all really.

Although, if you've got some LP-player, you should definitely get that Time Fades Away album. Mand that one is even getting quite acid ^_^

Av and some deadunderrated guitarplayer is Ed Wynne really.

And then Jimi Hendrix is getting quite underrated too.

And Tømrerclaus and Ole Poulsen and Giese and Stig Møller and all these deadacid Danish people you probably won't like anyway :P

No well you might, it's jsut hard to get stuff of them if you don't live in Denmark it seems :mellow:

thanks i'll be sure to check them CD's out.

I own almost all of his records, and he rocks!! He's a great guitarplayer, but not in the same way Slash is, they're very different.

I think you should buy Ragged Glory or Weld. Awesome records both of them. They're a lot more rock than his older material, like Harvest that was mentioned in the post before.

By the way, I saw him live with Crazy Horse live here in Sweden 1996. :)

I own almost all of his records, and he rocks!! He's a great guitarplayer, but not in the same way Slash is, they're very different.

I think you should buy Ragged Glory or Weld. Awesome records both of them. They're a lot more rock than his older material, like Harvest that was mentioned in the post before.

By the way, I saw him live with Crazy Horse live here in Sweden 1996. :)

alright, cool thanks. i'll check them out as well

alot of my friends have been tellin' me about Neil Young and they've said that he's an "awesome guitar player, one of the best along with S.R.V., Clapton and etc." so is he really as good as my friends are telling me? if not then do you know anyone's thats better than him but is underrated? i mean i've known about him but haven't bothered to check him out. anyone fans of him and if so then do you know any albums or songs i should take a listen to?

rox on

He plays the harmonica so nicely