If a Tour ever happens....

colma

Let's drag Alice Cooper out of semi retirement.  He's fun. And he did a GREAT show. Besides Axl at least has some respect for him. Is my age showing?

That would actually be a pretty cool combination - Alice Cooper and GNR - never thought about that before. Alice and Axl have worked together before too, so I'm sure they'd both be open to it.

Never seen Alice in concert before, but I have a bunch of his CDs.  Of course, it might deter some of the teen/early 20s crowd who have likely never heard of Alice Cooper before -- but, then, that too would be a good thing. Is my age showing too? :)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of you might absolutely hate this idea, but I'd absolutely love to see Puddle of Mudd on tour with GN'R..they kick ass, regardless of what you people say

Maybe the most practical solution would be no opening act at all.  Almost like Metallica did in 93, by starting the show with a documentary of "behind the scenes" stuff.  I would love to see and hear what has been happening since 1993.  I think this would almost be better than having to sit through a band that would probaly get booed off the stage (in anticipation of the GnR show).

As for the whole GnR vs. Nirvana thing:  I think too many people read too much into nothing.   As usual I guess we all just have to wait and see!

• 9 months later...
well definetly another band from the same style as guns, which rules out papa roach anyway. maybe nickelback, there cool.

the tour happened and  they saw mixmaster mike and CKY so fuc k it and it lasted litlle less than planned

i'd like to see GnR do a summer "package" tour with dope doing the first 30 minute set, followed by rob zombie doing a 45 minute set, followed by stone temple pilots playing a 45 minute set, followed by GnR playing for 2 hours or so. that would rock!!!!

my choice would be Audiovox and Queens of the Stone Age.  Chris Cornell toured with guns with Soundgarden and it worked great.  both of those bands are amazing!

I think that Weezer should open for GnR in the future, they did at the London Arena in August and they were really good. I had a bit of a preview for that as they played at Reading three days before, and said "We're going to go play Leeds, then we're playing with Guns N' Roses, then we're goin home," so i had an idea that they were going to support, although it wasn't announced until the day of the concert.

Anyways, Axl is quite a fan of Weezer having met them at SummerSonic in Japan, and is rumoured to be singing on thier next album, so i can't see any problems there. i hope they do Reading Festival next year. It would be awesome - MetallicA are already on the bill... GNR would make it incredible ;D

Anyways, Axl is quite a fan of Weezer having met them at SummerSonic in Japan, and is rumoured to be singing on thier next album,

That about singing on their next album was a joke-rumour by the Weezer webmaster dude.. Atleast he said so.. :)

I agree, Weezer would be great! :)

my choice would be Audiovox and Queens of the Stone Age.  Chris Cornell toured with guns with Soundgarden and it worked great.  both of those bands are amazing!

k I must have had a few too many bloody marys here. i meant audioslave. :-[  my fingers were not listening to my brain.

Jackyl would be the ultimate band.If Axl didn't feel like singing Jesse would be happy to fill in for him.I love the music of GNR and I would wait for hours for axl to sing but the shit he pulls isn't right.He should be happy for the music he made and except that he isn't perfect.He should let people know why he cancelled so many concerts.I saw him on VH1 and he threw a mic before a concert and didn't start his show,then a riot started.The pressure gets to him.To me that is fine but he should say he is sorry for the shit he pulled.If he would say I was fucken scared and didn't play for that reason that would be better than being a asshole and throwing a mic.If axl ever gets his shit together he could bring back the pure hard rock scene  again.We are waiting.