gnr, nirvana, metallica

thaman

axl had a biff with kurt cobain and it was all started by kurt saying shit about Guns N Roses being the most talentless band considering they are the biggest band in the world..

Then at the MTV awards courtney love jokingly asked axl to be the godfather of their child and axl said to kurt "hey shut your bitch up" but i dont know if there was much more than that between them (sure a lot of behind the scenes bitching, but nothign too serious)

And as for metallica, well i dont know what your talking about becuase those bands were quite close. Slash was always (well at least in the old days) seen in metallica shirts and decals. Then of course they did the whole metallica / gnr tour in 1991. I think GNR really helped metallica to gain a lot of their mainstream success.

i saw once that in montreal when hetfield got elecrticuted  that gnr was suppost to save the show but axl walked off stage. and axl was sick and he was  forbbiden to smoke and drink and after metallica went to ask axl why he walked off stage he was smoking and drinking. but some stupid metallica fan said that he waked off stage because people were chearing for metallca and axl was pissed off cause of that :P

james was an idiot and stepped into a flash pot caught on fire and had to leave. guns left because someone sabotaged their sound system and they couldn't hear themselves playing. simple no drama

james was an idiot and stepped into a flash pot caught on fire and had to leave...

Actually, I had heard that a tech guy messed up and shot the pyrotechnics too soon and that's why James got burned by the flash pot. The burns were pretty extensive and painful too, I heard. So I don't think it was Hetfield's fault.

I've heard many stories about why GNR cut their show early -- everything from Axl not wanting to be upstaged by Metallica (That's Kirk Hammett's version) to serious sound system problems at the venue. So, who knows.

However, I don't think the two bands are enemies. In fact, I heard that Lars is still good friends with some of the original GNR members.  

I dont think that Nirvana is better than metallica.Their music is simple, lyrics are little above average, their videos suck.Also, Kurt was one big jerk and looser (ok personal opinion only).

coban is a better singer than hetfield. hetfield is pretending to be something hes not and metallica lyrics and videos are dumb too

Comparing the 2, GNR certainly wins.  I'm sure there is a Metallica forum.  I saw them at a pub and I couldn't even tell who the lead singer was.  He (forgot his name) had cut his hair, and he just stood there and spaced.  I would know, for sure if I saw Axl.  He has that star quality!

well i like the music. SImple as that.. I mean GNR is my favourite band, but if you deny yourself the right to hear these two great bands for whatever reason then you are depriving yourself of good music...

You dont have to like it, but yeah... Give it a go at least.

axl had a biff with kurt cobain and it was all started by kurt saying nuts about Guns N Roses being the most talentless band considering they are the biggest band in the world..

Ya know I like some Nirvana but , When I heard that I was kinda irritated , If you wanna compare talent let's go right ahead

Guitar - Slash/Izzy vs Kurt = Slash/Izzy

Bass - Duff vs Chris = Duff

Drums - Matt vs Dave = well this is probably a tie

Frontman - Axl vs Kurt = Axl ( he was a showman Kurt was just a " tortured and depressed whiner " )

I don't know why Nirvana hated GnR so much but I bet it's cause they may have been a little jealous  ??? , anyway I don't pay much attention to what kurt had said now anyway because ,  well he couldn't take it anymore so who knows how he really felt .

Peace GnR Nation  8)

METALLICA ROCK!

Nirvana are avg..... Dont mind em.. Nothing special

I have a mp3 of James Hetfield making fun of Axl, it's called " James Hetfield reading Axl Rose dressing room requirements".

But Lars likes Axl i know that... from this mp3 "Lars (Metallica) On Axl".

But um yeah... The two bands rock (each in their own way)

James sings and plays guitar so obviously he isnt going to be running around like a mad man ala Axl Rose.

But yeah.. ive always liked them both... Wasn't really into Nivana... although i like Lithium!

But yeah..... In the Don't Cry Makin of Vid.. .Axl wears a Nirvana hat... I think that was b4 the rivalry between the groups!  :-/

First of all, Nathan, or whatever your name is, find yourself a f*cking Metallica forum if youre gonna keep c*cks*cking jaymz and lars.

2nd, stop dissin Kurt Cobain, he`s one of the most f*cking senceer in rock history!

GNR kick both Nirvana and Metallicas ass, even though they all rock hard!

Peace ;)