A few words from a GNR spokesperson 12/19/02

sammy

A few words from a GNR spokesperson 12/19/02.

I'm not sure if this was posted already but here it is.  I got the link from the Bucketheadland.com site.  

Band still intact...

Album still coming...

NEWS - Guns N' Roses Intact, Putting Finishing Touches On 'Chinese Democracy'

12/19/2002

(12/19/02, 6 p.m. ET) - Rumors that Guns N' Roses ended its tour because of the departure of guitarist Robin Finck and bassist Tommy Stinson are false, according to a spokesperson for the band. The spokesperson wouldn't give any details surrounding the reasons that Clear Channel and Guns N' Roses ended their tour affiliation, but did say GN'R is very much intact.

The band and its members, vocalist Axl Rose, guitarist Buckethead, drummer Brain, bassist Tommy Stinson, guitarist Robin Finck, et al, are currently on vacation. They will return to the studio in January to put the finishing touches on Chinese Democracy, which the band is releasing in the spring. If it is released next year, it will be the first full album of new original music from Guns N' Roses in 12 years.

Darren Davis, New York

I don't think Axl and his new band came all this way for nothing.  They kicked ass at the MSG show.

They will release this album and it will rock  :).

First of all, sorry for perhaps no ideal english.

How do you (and All) think why Axl don't reunite with old GNR ? I'm sure that it will wait all GNR funs. And now Axl do stupidity, foolishness , for example - event with MSG show.

I want to hear new GNR album with old-GNR with Axl..

Why the F U C K do they need a F U C K I N G vacation when they didn't even finish the tour. What a bunch of rich A S S H O L E S.

its christmas. they have families get over it

They probably needed a vacation from each other, not the rigors of the road.  Think about how different everyone in the band is from each other.  There's a rock frontman from the late 80s (Axl), a guitarist who wears a KFC bucket on his head and wears a mask onstage and has released 4 or 5 instrumental fusion albums (Buckethead), a former guitarist from Nine Inch Nails who's a fuckin weirdo (Finck), a former drummer for Primus (Brain), a bassist from the Replacements (Stinson), a worthless keyboardist with no personality whatsoever (Dizzy), and some weird effects guy who I have no idea got a spot in the band (Pittman).  With those conflicting personalities, not to mention Axl's erraticness, it's a wonder there haven't been any huge fights yet, and the differing musical directions also probably make it harder to colaborate on music, but the end result will most likely be fantastic.

First of all, sorry for perhaps no ideal english.

How do you (and All) think why Axl don't reunite with old GNR ? I'm sure that it will wait all GNR funs. And now Axl do stupidity, foolishness , for example - event with MSG show.

I want to hear new GNR album with old-GNR with Axl..

You make no sense.  If you want to hear the original lineup, go listen to their old albums and get some live concerts.

It's time to move on.  Have you?