PHILLY

silverrose721

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who doesn't have that whole concert on VHS?  How slow are you? You probably say how much you are a fan of Axl's new band.   Many people have had that show on video for a couple of years.  That was the first time I heard/saw the Axl project and as soon as I heard the Jungle intro I knew it was gunna suck.

Nathan, go to hell.  Where do you get the right to call someone slow?  You're a damn shearer for Christ's sake... ;D

(ha...no offense to any other people from Australia or New Zealand....had to defend Silver Rose because she beats @ss...and Nathan's a d-ck who...bah, nevermind, all you need to know is I hate the guy...with a passion)

Nathan, go to hell.  Where do you get the right to call someone slow?  You're a damn shearer for Christ's sake... ;D

(ha...no offense to any other people from Australia or New Zealand....had to defend Silver Rose because she beats @ss...and Nathan's a d-ck who...bah, nevermind, all you need to know is I hate the guy...with a passion)

no worries, we all hate a special few on this board with the same passion   ;D

no worries, we all hate a special few on this board with the same passion   ;D

Ahhh...so true...I like to call them the 'mullet clan'...we all know they have them (kidding...calm down, Jim)

Way to tell them Mark! Cut the mullet!  If those mullet guys are so into only the old band, I love Guns and Roses old and new, they should go to an old G & R site.  Is there one?  If so, maybe they could give us a site, we could see if they visit it.  The majority here talk about the GREAT AXL ROSE!  The group of mullet muskateers, are defensive like they have minority practice.

did you know that sheep out number people 1000 to 1 in new zealand???

Haha thats not somethign to be ashamed of! They get the money for it!

I didn't expect to be back to this forum.  I also didn't expect to hear nothing offical from Guns and Roses for so long either.  What I see here I don't really like.  I see alot of people trying to say Philadelphia is nothing but animals and trying to defend Axl Rose.  I thought I'd so you people some facts that I dug up on the internet that you too can find if you have the will to.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I'm gonna start with the "Philly fans are animals" comment.  Thats made with the reasons of either: because they rioted, or because the riot was so bad.

Well, as you can see from the examples I found below, St. Louis, Montreal, Venezuela, and Vancouver all rioted because of Guns and Roses actions.  So that means Philly fans aren't alone in rioting.

As for the severity of the concert, only 15 people where injured and only five went to a hospital.  Compare that to the 70 hurt in St. Louis, 1991, and you'll see how docile the Philly riot was.  What about property damage to the First Union Center?  Well, according to the Sunday edition of "The Philadelphia Inquirer" (which is where I got the injury report), "Damage to the arena was minimal, and preparations for the next event, a Flyers game, went off without a hitch."

By the way, New York people seem to be the leaders of the anti-Philly statements.  Like New York doesn't riot. Ha!  In August of 1983, a riot occured after a Diana Ross concert in Central Park.  Check out http://www.natvan.com/national-vanguard/as.../thatslife.html for more information on it New York.  

Philly fans didn't cause enough damage to be singled out and called "animals".

Some people would like to defend Axl Rose, which is wrong.  Some people say "Axl is Axl and will be irresponsible.  Accept it."  Axl Rose is a performer.  His job is to entertain people.  If you had a job and showed up late to work an hour late on a regular basis or just didn't show up at all, you would be fired.  Plain and simple.  "When ya got a job to do ya gotta do it well..."  --Live and Let Die.  You may say Axl is a rock star, he has the power to do what he wants to.  Axl Rose is not the super star he once was, he won't be able to get away with anymore.  And has he ever heard the pharse that goes something like "With great power comes great responsiblity"?  Its more then just a quote from Spiderman you know.  Not being responsible is not a valid excuse, no matter who you are.

Another excuse for Axl Rose is that he wasn't going to go on stage to a booing crowd.  Granted, neither would I.  Seeing as how Axl wasn't even in the city though, that doesn't matter.  The newpaper had this to say: "The band, with the exception of Rose, was still lodged at the Ritz Carlton in Center City yesterday [saturday, Dec 7] afternoon.  As of last night, Rose had still not checked in.  A source at the First Union Center said speculation was that Rose had stayed in his New York hotel room to watch a basketball game."  That blows the "booing crowd" excuse out the window.

So, maybe Axl Rose really was sick.  Maybe.  If he was though, don't you think someone should have made an effort to notify the crowd?  No matter what the sickness, no matter what the illness, you have some kind of warning.  I find it hard to belive Axl was walking to the airplain, collapsed in pain, and the band in Philadelphia didn't know anything was wrong until the airplain arrived without Axl on board.  Be realistic.

If you've read this far, thank you.  I hope I've made an impack.

A riot occured in 1991 at the Riverport Amphitheatre in Maryland Heights, just outside St. Louis from a canceled Guns and Roses concert.  Axel Rose was found guilty of assault charges because of his own actions during that concert.  About 70 people where hurt at that riot.

August 8 1992 James Hetfield of Metallica burned by a pyro mishap at Olympic Stadium in Montreal, Canada. Riot ensues when "Guns ‘N Roses" frontman Axl Rose leaves stage.  The riot then spilled out onto the streets and into the surrounding area.

1992, Colombia:

Forced to leave half their crew and equipment behind in Venezuela when military coup closed the capital city's airport; consequently had to cancel one of two shows in Colombia. A minor riot ensued when ticket-holding fans for the show tried to get into the second. Eventually dispersed by police.

Vancouver, British Columbia, rioted when Axl Rose couldn't make the opening concert for this very tour.

Newspaper source: www.philly.com

I guess you didn't read the part where I stated that St. Louis, Montreal, Venezuela, Vancouver, and New York have had riots over concerts.  If there is a major city you think it's full of animals, do a search on Yahoo! for yourcityname +riots +concerts.  I'm sure you'll find something stupid that people did in your own area.

As for fans not being smart and rioting... you must not understand the concept of a riot.  Nobody riots because its a smart thing to do.  They riot because they are upset and angry over some recent event.  Remember the LA riots over the Rodney King virdict?  That lasted for days!  That is animalistic.  Riot, sleep, riot somemore.  It was chaos and uncontrolable.  Some major events where riots: Teaniman Square (however its spelled) and even the Boston Tea Party.

Riots happen, get over it.

Well said Phillyguy22.  I was at the Philly melee.  I saw the MSG show on Thursday and then the Philly attempt on Friday.  I sat in my seat with 6 friends from beginning to end. And at no time did I see a riot or feel like I was in danger.  I did see stupid people doing stupid things.  A hand full of chairs went on stage.  All the floor seats were knocked over.  In upper levels people took down ceiling tiles and broke chairs and threw them.  I heard there was a chair or tv thrown from a box seating area.  In fact one guy behind me tried to break his chair off and throw it. And I grabbed him and asked him "what the hell are you doing?  stop."   He stopped and just walked away.  People were just pi**ed.  So was I.  A few idiots actually went down to the floor and threw chairs at the sound board and then pushed it over.  Security stayed clear of the floor a while and then just started grabbing people and telling them to split.  Hardly a riot.  Not that what people did was better.  But Philly people being animals,  I agree there were no animals in the FU Center that night just a few fans who were ticked at the band and vented the wrong way...

Axl Rose is a performer.  His job is to entertain people.  If you had a job and showed up late to work an hour late on a regular basis or just didn't show up at all, you would be fired.  Plain and simple.  

ya know axl doesnt have to b doin this, this doesnt have to b his job, do u know how much money in royalty checks he must b getting from the sales of his cds?, he doesnt have  to put out a new cd, he doesnt have to tour, hes doin it for the fans who havent seen him in 11 years n mayb he wants to rekindle his touring experiences

I sat in my seat with 6 friends from beginning to end. And at no time did I see a riot or feel like I was in danger.  

was it just the ppl i was sitting next to then? the ppl in front of us broke almost the whole row of chairs the ppl behind us were also breaking chairs n throwing stuff

i was pissed too, but i didnt need to break chairs n throw stuff

I guess you didn't read the part where I stated that St. Louis, Montreal, Venezuela, Vancouver, and New York have had riots over concerts.  If there is a major city you think it's full of animals, do a search on Yahoo! for yourcityname +riots +concerts.  I'm sure you'll find something stupid that people did in your own area.

As for fans not being smart and rioting... you must not understand the concept of a riot.  Nobody riots because its a smart thing to do.  They riot because they are upset and angry over some recent event.  Remember the LA riots over the Rodney King virdict?  That lasted for days!  That is animalistic.  Riot, sleep, riot somemore.  It was chaos and uncontrolable.  Some major events where riots: Teaniman Square (however its spelled) and even the Boston Tea Party.

Riots happen, get over it.

You are an idiot, you must have missed my many other posts that anyone in any city who riots are animals.  There is a difference between a poitical riot, and a society being repressed and fighting for freedom riot.  damn, you are dense... There is NO REASON TO RIOT OVER A FU*KING CONCERT. YOU ARE AN ANIMAL AND SHOULD BE PUT TO SLEEP.

Remember the story of the Emperor with no clothes, a children's tale?  There is a concept called cognitive dissonance where your mind does not want to believe what you are really sensing and feeling because it ruins your inner expectations.  Thus the disappointment at the First Union Center.  It does Axl no favor to excuse his irresponsible behavior because he is "larger than life".  It sounds to me like he really should be hospitalized to get his meds right (bipolar) and work on his paranoia.  His history is such that I guess it is machochistic to buy a ticket knowing you will probably be disappointed.   I guess the biggest letdown of all is knowing all the talent he has and feeling deprived of admiring it because of his eccentricities/demons.

i notcied no1 commented on wat i wrote about axl not having to do any of this..

ive mentioned to people that axl doesnt have to be making doing this tour or putting out a new cd. He doesnt need the money, Appetitte for destruction still sells over 5,000 copies each week in the US! Hes doing this for the fans and im embarassed by the fans for treating him so badly, he has a problem which he cant help, we must deal with it

i feel bad for axl and wish him the best, i hope he gets better soon.

did u know axl has been legally diagnosed with bipolar disorder? this isnt a recent thing -

"I just want to thank you, fay, for posting such a great description of what a person goes through with bipolar.  I am married to a man who has it - and I can tell you that the meds do not always work - took eight long years to find the right combination and even after that - life is very challenging at times.  During the manic phases - lots of anger and lots of creative output too, and less sleep than normal.  Also likely to go on a buying binge.  Then the downs are so bad, just curl up in a fetal position and have difficulty even leaving your home until it passes.  Stress aggravates it.  So does lack of sleep and not eating right and physical illness.   So if Axl is suffering with this, I honestly have to just thank him for what he has done for us, and hope that soon he is able to function again.

When someone you love has a severe mental illness - you do not quit loving them.  You do feel like punching a few walls in frustration, and try to direct your anger at the disease that has robbed you and that person of so

much.

I just wish there would be a statement from the band regarding the situation.  That would let us all know what is up for sure instead of imagining what might be happening and why."

i was told that since the garden show went extremly well axl got nervous n self conscious about being able to live up to that for every show n sorta had a little breakdown