Oasis vs Nirvana

Gallagher Rose

Oasis vs Nirvana  

146 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Both bands are pretty limited musically, Cobain and Noel Gallagher aren't gonna win any awards for their guitar playing. But Oasis have a good singer and songs. Nirvana are far too basic in both their music and lyrics, plus Cobain's voice starts to grate after a while.

I would say Oasis is comfortably the better band, plus its nice to have a band that isn't wrapped up in self pity and over angst.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both bands are pretty limited musically, Cobain and Noel Gallagher aren't gonna win any awards for their guitar playing. But Oasis have a good singer and songs. Nirvana are far too basic in both their music and lyrics, plus Cobain's voice starts to grate after a while.

I would say Oasis is comfortably the better band, plus its nice to have a band that isn't wrapped up in self pity and over angst.

Far too basic in music and lyrics? Are you fucking kidding me? Oasis' lyrics are no where near as good as Cobain's lyrics. Their music is alright, they released 2 really good albums, but compared to Nevermind? They don't have shit.

Nirvana by far, I've never liked Oasis....actually i never liked the whole english music scene back then. ALthough it was fun getting drunk in english pubs and singing along to all this crap...english people are great singers when they are drunk and in large numbers, or are at a football, cricket, or rugby match....and drunk hahha.

But Nirvana for me.

• 3 weeks later...
Lets examine Oasis' lyrics:

'Slowly walking down the hall, faster than a cannonball'

'I can see a liar sitting by the fire'

'Shes got a sister and God only knows how I missed her

And on the palm of her hand is a blister'

You clearly picked the most juvenile lyrics in their catalogue though. Hardly indicative of all their lyrics.