Oasis vs Nirvana

Gallagher Rose

Oasis vs Nirvana  

146 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say what you will, but you have to give it up to a band that has endured the test of time..which Oasis has. Sure, there's been some lineup changes, but they've kept on with a good product.

No disrespect to Nirvana. They did what they did for those few years.

:lol: no disrespect but what are you talking about? oasis didn't 'stand the test of time' because they've been around longer. that's a ridiculous argument considering we all know why nirvana came to an end. nirvana's music has stood the test of time and still has. im sure more people know kurt cobain than noel gallagher. or 'smells like teen spirit' more than 'wonderwall'.

Say what you will, but you have to give it up to a band that has endured the test of time..which Oasis has. Sure, there's been some lineup changes, but they've kept on with a good product.

:lol: no disrespect but what are you talking about? oasis didn't 'stand the test of time' because they've been around longer. that's a ridiculous argument considering we all know why nirvana came to an end. nirvana's music has stood the test of time and still has. im sure more people know kurt cobain than noel gallagher. or 'smells like teen spirit' more than 'wonderwall'.

Thank you for your comments. Oasis is far more popular worldwide than in the US, and has been for some time.

Thank you for your comments. Oasis is far more popular worldwide than in the US, and has been for some time.

..you're welcome? like i said, that is not a fair argument considering nirvana isn't together anymore since their frontman died. nirvana was huge at their peak. they've also had a much bigger impact on music than oasis ever could. had nirvana stayed together, i would bet that they would be 10x bigger than oasis, US and worldwide

..you're welcome? like i said, that is not a fair argument considering nirvana isn't together anymore since their frontman died. nirvana was huge at their peak. they've also had a much bigger impact on music than oasis ever could. had nirvana stayed together, i would bet that they would be 10x bigger than oasis, US and worldwide

You are thinking in terms of the US alone. Oasis reformed Britpop just as Nirvana killed the hair bands. I realize Cobain died. I don't know if Nirvana was bigger at their peak. Oasis played two 250K concerts back to back in two nights in England. I don't know if Nirvana touched that at their peak.

I'm not hating on Nirvana, I like their music. All I was saying is I respect Oasis for putting out a quality product for 15+ years.

You are thinking in terms of the US alone. Oasis reformed Britpop just as Nirvana killed the hair bands. I realize Cobain died. I don't know if Nirvana was bigger at their peak. Oasis played two 250K concerts back to back in two nights in England. I don't know if Nirvana touched that at their peak.

I'm not hating on Nirvana, I like their music. All I was saying is I respect Oasis for putting out a quality product for 15+ years.

yeah i understand that but nirvana can't be compared to oasis in terms of quantity so i don't understand what you're getting at with that

yeah i understand that but nirvana can't be compared to oasis in terms of quantity so i don't understand what you're getting at with that

I don't recall saying Oasis was better by default because they've put out more albums. I said people should respect them for enduring like they've done, and putting out quality music.

Personally, I like Oasis' music better. That is just a personal preference.

That's weird, because when British press poll the British people on what they consider the best albums Nevermind is usually in the top 5.

• 1 month later...