Buy or burn?

Mr_Sparkle

Will you purchase the new GnR album or will you simply download it and burn it?  Man, i just burned 8 new cd's for my road trip to Vegas tomorrow.. I can see why the record company's are starting to get angry LOL.

8 * $16 (average new cd cost in US) = $128  :o

its funny you say that though...

I think that the record companies need to utilise MP3, in much the same way they did with the radio. I mean the radio popularised music and turned it into a mass market, and it allowed people to try before they bought.

Obviously with MP3's its a little different becuase people can make there own cd's etc, but i know that personally i wouldn't have explored a quarter of the music that i have if it wasn't for the internet. I mean i have become a big metallica fan (especially them) first based on some MP3's i got ages ago, and now i have the dvd's teshirts the whole package.

Thats for me, but im sure thats a similar case for a lot of others.

I mean if they exploited DVD music then they can give you somehtign extra on the disc (like all the film clips and any other stuff) so that fans just cant downbload the music and be happy...

its funny you say that though...

I think that the record companies need to utilise MP3, in much the same way they did with the radio. I mean the radio popularised music and turned it into a mass market, and it allowed people to try before they bought.

Obviously with MP3's its a little different becuase people can make there own cd's etc, but i know that personally i wouldn't have explored a quarter of the music that i have if it wasn't for the internet. I mean i have become a big metallica fan (especially them) first based on some MP3's i got ages ago, and now i have the dvd's teshirts the whole package.

Thats for me, but im sure thats a similar case for a lot of others.

I mean if they exploited DVD music then they can give you somehtign extra on the disc (like all the film clips and any other stuff) so that fans just cant downbload the music and be happy...

Yeah.. ive always had this view on Mp3's

They are good.... I wouldn't own half my CD's that i do now if it wernt for Mp3's!

The radio play fuckn shit music so MP3's are necessary for anyone to get into good music  :P (well what i call good music  ;D)

I'm sure the record companies arn't losing as much as they like to claim they are! They dont realise that without mp3's there wouldnt be as many new fans!

thats right!

for your more established bands like gnr, metallica, RHCP, ac/dc, etc etc etc it has a positive effect becuase it allows newer fans to listen, however i think the reall issue of concern is for the one hit wonders who have one good song and then cant sell any albums..

thats right!

for your more established bands like gnr, metallica, RHCP, ac/dc, etc etc etc it has a positive effect becuase it allows newer fans to listen, however i think the reall issue of concern is for the one hit wonders who have one good song and then cant sell any albums..

So true... and the ones that put out SH!T albums with like 1 hit on it!

FU CK Them.. they deserve it for putting out shit cd's!

SuCK IT

I've have always bought G & R music in the past.  I will buy and burn this time.  

Another band I like is Monster Magnet.

Metalica came to our town, for the Motherload concert, and my daughter got all of their autographs.  I was 10 feet from them.  After that they talked trash about G&R, so I will not listen to them.

WTF!

If anyone on here didn't buy it they should be shot!

I agree SM.

Any real fan would show support for the band by  purchasing the CD, not burning it. If you don't buy it, then the CD won't sell well and you run the risk of the label dumping the artist. If that happens, we won't hear any new music from the band.

I just hope the album gets released.  :-/