Izzy: The soul behind Gn'R

Tallicaboys

Izzy Stradlin was the heart and soul of Guns N' Roses and when he quit the whole shithouse went up in flames. Izzy wrote the bridges for all the classic gnr tunes and his dueling rhythem guitar made Slash who he is. Also Izzy song writing ability was phenominal. Axl gets all the song writing credit, but all most of apetite was written by Axl and Izzy. Axl would also ask Izzy to help him finnish lyrics. On the illusion records Izzy wrote some classic songs: 14 years, you aint the first, and best song on 2, You Could Be Mine. Dont get me wrong Axl is brilliant but dont forget about the man who effectively kept Gn'R together and tamed the craziness. Izzy deserves more respect and just because he didnt sell out to the media and give them interviews galore doesnt mean he shouldnt get respect. Izzy Stradlin is the reason behind apetite's success and I hope true gnr fans know this.

"I think we've seen that movie toooooooo"

Izzy wrote some damn good songs and probaly fitted great together with Slash (I don`t know stuff like this) ..

However I find him replaceable.. He didn`t create the GnR sound Axl did with the help of Slash solo`s, ofcourse Duff and Izzy also made GnR what they where but I think they could be replaced without the a huge impact on how GnR sounded.. Though it migth take longer to write albums cause you don`t got Izzy spitting out songs.. And then there is that straigth rock N`roll attitude everyone in the old band had..

I think the new band (should) replace(s) him just fine, Fortus and Tommy are both excellent song writers.. However we will have to wait and see when the album comes out..

We will definitly hear that Slash is missing.. I am not sure about any of the others.. The album would not have been as diverse as it reportetly is if the old members where still in there.. If that is a good or a bad thing is up to you.. For me it is a good thing..

I would love to have him back though.. :)

Either as the role he now has in the project (songwriter +) or as a real member.. Unrealistic..

I think that a combination of the styles of all the old members made GnR what it was.  Just listen to their individual stuff, and you can see where they were all coming from.  Slash's stuff is very hard rock and bluesy, Izzy sounds almost like the Stones, Duff's very into punk sounding music, and you can hear lots of things in Axl's music, he seems to be pretty ecclectic (but he did say that he was glad he didn't have to cover any more Rolling Stones stuff now that he's not playing with Slash.)

they only covered synpaTHY FOR THE DEVIL didn't they?

GnR covers:

Only Women Bleed

Whole Lotta Rosie

The Godfather

Train Kept A Rollin

Mama Kin

Sympathy for the devil

Knockin on Heavn's door

Live and Let Die

Jumpin Jack Flash

Salt of the Earth

Dead Flowers

Wild Horses

White Christmas

Over the Rainbow

Entire Spaghetti Incident album

I am sure there are a few I missed...

I think that a combination of the styles of all the old members made GnR what it was.  Just listen to their individual stuff, and you can see where they were all coming from.  Slash's stuff is very hard rock and bluesy, Izzy sounds almost like the Stones, Duff's very into punk sounding music, and you can hear lots of things in Axl's music, he seems to be pretty ecclectic (but he did say that he was glad he didn't have to cover any more Rolling Stones stuff now that he's not playing with Slash.)

And my reply:

they only covered synpaTHY FOR THE DEVIL didn't they?

idiot.jpg

I understood you GnR Lies ( That you were only talking about the Stones)  FYI, if you don't have it, JJF is not a live cover, but a studio demo.  The electric version is super good, and I like the accoustic as well, although the recording is not as crisp.

GnRLies, I am 31.  I was just gonna tell you that I am glad someone of your age is here, and listening to this kind of music, with the current crop of rock that alot of younger people are into.    You have good taste, I don't know how many others around your age are here.

You'd be surprised at the age of a lot of GNR fans.  I'm only 18, but I've been listening to them all day everyday for years.  It is weird though because a lot of other people my age hardly know them.  They may know axl and slash, but (relating to the topic) they unfortunately fail to recognize Izzy, who obviously is a crucial part of the old GNR.