Selling the album

Kefer

Today I burned Contra onto my computer and plan to sell the album for a buck or two to a used cd/dvd store. I was just curious if anyone else has abandoned this album. Anyone sell,throw away etc. this album? I realized I never listen to it and I should get a few dollars for it while I can.Discuss...

Mine is lost. I believe it is somewhere in my car. It's not a bad album, but it's not really good either. The songs are generic, and aren't captivating enough. If you think about the musicians who wrote this album, it seems as if no effort was put forth whatsoever.

Mine is lost. I believe it is somewhere in my car. It's not a bad album, but it's not really good either. The songs are generic, and aren't captivating enough. If you think about the musicians who wrote this album, it seems as if no effort was put forth whatsoever.

Honestly that is the truth. It really is a bad album that really highlights the fact that Duff/Slash/Sorum are only good at playing their instruments and songs written by other ,more lyrically talented people.

Its an awesome album, just listen to some of the riffs. Alot of the criticism is because of who the guys are, if this was a new band with new members, everybody would be blowing their trumpet. we would all say they were fantastic, they are anyway

Yeah, a lot of the negative criticism is due to the fact that these musicians were previously known. That's what I'm saying. We all know what these guys are capable of, and this album doesn't even scratch the surface of their capabilities. Like I said, the songs are basic and generic sounding.

Its an awesome album, just listen to some of the riffs. Alot of the criticism is because of who the guys are, if this was a new band with new members, everybody would be blowing their trumpet. we would all say they were fantastic, they are anyway

I agree the riffs are great but the lyrics are disposable

Funny this thread should be brought up, my contraband disc is in my car and its scratched a bit so doesnt play. i havent listened to in a few months, even though i saw VR in january.

Anyway last night we were in my mates car and he stuck on contraband, cranked the volume, and it all came rushing back.

Its a such a fantastic head banging album and a chill album to some of the slower songs.

No its not ground breaking, no its not guns n roses, but then there you go, its NOT guns n roses.

What do we have in todays music that hasnt been around for years? well, watch kerrang for a few hours and see the crap thats out today. VR are one of the few bands that can musically still stand out for being real rock, with great guitar solos despite being a newish band (forgetting the members previous bands).

Slash himself knows its not his best work, yet even at that, it minces most albums that have come out recently that attempted a guitar solo.

So say the album is bad, its not right.

i havent listened to it in months

but do you like it or not?

yeah, i think it ok but not one of my favorites

something about Scott Weiland bothers me.. i dont know what it its

its not that he's not Axl its just there's something about him that i dont like

i cant understand why ppl would sell albums that they went out and bought, i know a fellow that sold his international superhits and after a week he wanted it back, sad really...

Sad that he bought it in the first place, let alone requesting it a second time.

Honestly that is the truth. It really is a bad album that really highlights the fact that Duff/Slash/Sorum are only good at playing their instruments and songs written by other ,more lyrically talented people.

completely agree. you can go back to when they were auditioning.... "here are some songs we've written...be axl" which cannot be done, no one can do what axl is capable of, when it comes to writing, and perfecting a song.