The Slash Project...

nightrain44

it's a tie between

All of duffs solo albums

All of Snakes solo album

Maybe I was holding them to too high of standard expecting great albums since GnR was so awesome.  But, if you mix Duff's albums, with Slash's solo adventure and throw in a little Izzy... I just don't see how it's going to be any better then what they have already put out on solo adventrures.  I personally think Axl drove them to greatness, and brought out the best in them.  So, I love those guys in GnR, but their solo projects just leave me scratching my head.   ???

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, if you mix Duff's albums, with Slash's solo adventure and throw in a little Izzy... I just don't see how it's going to be any better then what they have already put out on solo adventrures.  I personally think Axl drove them to greatness, and brought out the best in them.  So, I love those guys in GnR, but their solo projects just leave me scratching my head.   ???

I think these albums are ok.. (Without having heard to much on them) But it`s always missing something, I think if they come together they can furfill these parts for eachoter so that all they need is an amazing singer.. And leader, maybe there is a learder in that can get the best out of them in the band but who just didn`t show his skills with Axl filling the job?

However, I doubt it.. I think that job aswell is in the singer`s hands so good singer great music.. Ok singer ok+ music..

I think it`s going to be some good stuff..

Well I think that Axl needs the old guys a little more than some here think , I do believe Axl pushed those guys to succed but I also think that the Old guys helped Axl to become huge in the reason that they made it easier for him to write and compose songs since they had such good chemistry and Izzy was also a great writer and contrubited a lot of ideas to Axl which helped him devlop songs that were incredible . IMO they also helped keep Axl a little more raw in the recording sense because they actually got albums out into the market , where as now it's been over a decade since UYI , and this is due Partly to the fact that Axl is a perfectionist , I do agree with takin time to make a great sounding album but I believe Axl is being a little anal since he's takin this long , AFD took less than a year ( I think ) and it's thier best sounding album . This is why i think Axl needs his old mates more than he'll even say .

Peace GnR Nation  8)

haha, how mad would Axl get if they called it just "Guns".   ;D  Nah, j/k, they will name it something cool.    8)

I really would like to see Sebastian Bach of Skid Row be on vocals.  He fits the spot better than the others.  And listen to him sing!  He's awesome!  Skid's row's songs like "18 and life", "I'll remember you", "Quicksand Jesus", etc..  Only my opinion, but I think he could really fill that position..

Anyone have a copy of that demo "Pleasin"  from the slash project, that was up for download and got pulled off the site?  I'd like to listen to that... lemme know..

It could be a good album, or it could possibly be the worst album of all time. Of course that title first has to be taken from Slash's Snake Pit.  I love they guy, but that album... Yikes.  Of course GnR lies will say something in defense here because he is allowed to criticize Axl, but I am not allowed to criticize Slash   ::). Hypocrisy       ::)

you are not open to anything but new GNR....

And dont go saying any shit like "i heard them in 1986 and i was a fan from the old days" becuase you abviously have renouced your fanship by being fooled by this band....

I mean i have been critical of axl because he has done things that can be criticised.....

YOU criticise old members for things that they havent even done, or for thigs like their music or playing, which further renounces your fanship to the old band

One thing that people might notice, is that my posts are in support of the new band, but in fav our of the old band. I mean i never go out and say stuff like "the new band sucks" but not that the new band is crap, i might say slash did it better, but not that the new band is crap. I might say that the new band dont have the right to use the name GNR, but not that the new band is crap. I might say that buckethead is a freak, but never that the new band is crap. And so on...

I only criticise axl, not the new band./. And do you want to know why??? Becuase axl kicks his fans in the back time and time again, and mbe you will always be there for him, but not all fans will be there waiting to suck axl's c*ck when he goes out and does somehtign terrible... I love him as a musician, but he is an arsehole!

If you have a problem with this, then go away!

Bottom line is that neither of these bands will ever be what Guns n Roses use to be. I saw the show in Pittsburgh and I thought it was great....when Axl eventually showed up! But personally I need Slash with all his hair in his face, a cigarette hanging out of his mouth and a bottle of jack on the side! That was GNR! They were drunk and load and in your face! I don't know if I'll like either one, I'll just have to wait and see. But man, that pleasin song was f*ckin horrible, no wonder that Slash and the other guys didn't want it anywhere...can't blame em on that call. I hope to god one of their, what was it, 40+ songs is actually good, cuz god help em if they all sound like pleasin.

One more thing, I will lose absolutely all respect for Slash/Duff etc. if they get Courtney Love to sing.That would be the worst idea of the century....hhhhmmm let's replace one egotistical a**hole with a self-absorbed whiny b*tch....yeah great idea guys!

that's such crap, i love the Old gnr more then any other band on earth, and I hate that song. It was generic, boring, 80's riff that's been done a million times.

well then go out and listen to another band...

I mean why does it have to be axl's spin off of GNR?

I mean if you think that the old GNR is repetitive and boring, then dont listen, or better yet, stop living in the past.. Go out and listen to some other bands rather than relying ON gnr FOR YOUR SOURCE OF of new music...

I mean i listen to lots of other bands, and i use that for new music.... I like GNR as my fav. band of all time and i would like to see them succede, but i dont rely on them to succede... You seem to need to have them back in some form in order to listen to new music...

Well you dont have to!

i like the old band too, but i don't see them reuniting anytime in the future, so we can't live in the past. the new band are all talented musicians, as are the old band. even axl has said in some of his recent radio interviews that slash is an excellent guitarist and could play his ass off while under the influence of LOTS of drugs. the problem with slash(according to axl) is that he doesn't want to grow as a musician, he just wants to do the same thing over and over again ( kinda like ac/dc).

hopefully with "the project" slash and co. show that they have grown as musicians and put out a kick ass cd, and not something that sounds like it should've come out in 1988.

that's such crap, i love the Old gnr more then any other band on earth, and I hate that song. It was generic, boring, 80's riff that's been done a million times.

I think that where some of you are missing the point is that its ok to say that Slash's new material is generic and boring, while still thinking that Appetite was cutting edge.  I liken it to Axl's voice... it wasn't where he was on Appetite when I saw them in Vegas in '01, but how can you compare anything to Appetite, which I find to be far and away the greatest rock album of all time?  What I think Mr. Sparkle is saying is that the new Slash material hasn't progressed, and that doesn't preclude him from being a true fan of the old GnR.

well then go out and listen to another band...

I mean why does it have to be axl's spin off of GNR?

I mean if you think that the old GNR is repetitive and boring, then dont listen, or better yet, stop living in the past.. Go out and listen to some other bands rather than relying ON gnr FOR YOUR SOURCE OF of new music...

I mean i listen to lots of other bands, and i use that for new music.... I like GNR as my fav. band of all time and i would like to see them succede, but i dont rely on them to succede... You seem to need to have them back in some form in order to listen to new music...

Well you dont have to!

I never said the old band was borning.. damn dude, do you even read these posts?  I said that 'demo' that was put out was borning, lame, not original.  It plain sucked. period.  I love the old GnR.  I listen to it all the time.  I listen to the bootlegs of the new GnR as well.. Slash has not progressed.  He needs to find someone he has some chemistry with, and put out some good tunes.  He is too wicked of a guitar player to be embarrising himself with these average songs. Plus, I do listen to new music, Foo Fighters, Audio Vent, Incubus, Queens of the Stoneage. Man, get a clue. Maybe you need to listen to some new music insted of being up Slash's butt.

Slash has not progressed.  He needs to find someone he has some chemistry with, and put out some good tunes

That's exactly why I'm excited that Izzy decided to join in with the Guys , I have a good feelin' that Iz will bring out the Best in Slash

Peace GnR Nation  8)

I never said the old band was borning.. damn dude, do you even read these posts?  I said that 'demo' that was put out was borning, lame, not original.  It plain sucked. period.  I love the old GnR.  I listen to it all the time.  I listen to the bootlegs of the new GnR as well.. Slash has not progressed.  He needs to find someone he has some chemistry with, and put out some good tunes.  He is too wicked of a guitar player to be embarrising himself with these average songs. Plus, I do listen to new music, Foo Fighters, Audio Vent, Incubus, Queens of the Stoneage. Man, get a clue. Maybe you need to listen to some new music insted of being up Slash's butt.

well i would hardly liken the demo to a broing 80's riff, but i must agree that it wasn't that good.... But at the end of the day, it was a demo.... And it sucked not becuase of the riff, or becuase of the playing, it sucked becuase of the singer!

My tastes are fully satisfied... I have a mix between new music, old music that ive never heard before (so its new to me) and GNR... That suits my tastes...

So i dont think i will "listen to new music" like you say

i like the old band too, but i don't see them reuniting anytime in the future, so we can't live in the past. the new band are all talented musicians, as are the old band. even axl has said in some of his recent radio interviews that slash is an excellent guitarist and could play his ass off while under the influence of LOTS of drugs. the problem with slash(according to axl) is that he doesn't want to grow as a musician, he just wants to do the same thing over and over again ( kinda like ac/dc).

hopefully with "the project" slash and co. show that they have grown as musicians and put out a kick ass cd, and not something that sounds like it should've come out in 1988.

But you see if you dont want to "live in the past" then dont stay stuck listening to GNR.... Go out and find some new stuff by new bands.... You see the thing is that GNMR is an old band... I mean we shouldn't have to rely on the new gnr for new music... I mean sure if axl was to be ion this band but call it a different name then that would be great!.. But it kind of takes away from the legacy of GNR....

I mean i support the new band becuase it is better than noting, but at the end of the day, i will always be listening to AFD, and saying "this is the real gnr and no buckethead, or finck, or brain is ever gonna change that"

But you see if you dont want to "live in the past" then dont stay stuck listening to GNR.... Go out and find some new stuff by new bands.... You see the thing is that GNMR is an old band... I mean we shouldn't have to rely on the new gnr for new music... I mean sure if axl was to be ion this band but call it a different name then that would be great!.. But it kind of takes away from the legacy of GNR....

I mean i support the new band becuase it is better than noting, but at the end of the day, i will always be listening to AFD, and saying "this is the real gnr and no buckethead, or finck, or brain is ever gonna change that"

i listen to plenty of new bands. Mushroomhead, Audioslave, SOAD, Sevendust, etc........ i don't rely on the new GnR for new music ( thank god, cuz i'd really be screwed then ).

well thats fine, but i mean from what i can see, some people just want to see this band get music out just because its the quickest possible way..

I mean as i said, i support the new band, but i would never ever consider it GNR or prefer it to the real GNR.. I just support it becuase its an axl rose solo project if you knoiw what i mean (like i treat it in the same way as any other solo project)