Triple M's top 1000 countdown

Stupid_Moron

Im sure gnrlies woulda wanted to post this but he isn't online!

We were hoping for Sweet Child to grab number one.. It was the only song left!

But it came in at... 13  :(

Guns N' Roses - Civil War - 955

Guns N' Roses - Sympathy For The Devil - 801

Guns N' Roses - Don't Cry - 719

Guns N' Roses - Yesterdays - 634

Guns N' Roses - Mr Brownstone - 525

Guns N' Roses - Live and Let Die - 425

Guns N' Roses - Knockin' On Heavens Door - 337

Guns N' Roses - Paradise City - 315

Guns N' Roses - Welcome To The Jungle - 212

Guns N' Roses - You Could Be Mine - 173

Guns N' Roses - Patience - 107

Guns N' Roses - November Rain 48

Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine 13

9 - Nirvana - Come as you are!

Meanwhile.... Something funny.... People are ringing in saying that if eminem comes in at number 1 they are never listening to the station again...  ;D

This is meant to be a ROCK station... So yeah!

8 - Powderfinger - My Happiness

Do you guys know much powderfinger... They are an aussie band.. i donno how successful they are/were overseas  :-/

Bwhahahaahah.... more ppl are calling up abusing them... LOL... "Eminem is a wanker"

Hahaha!

The DJ just said there are 7 more and the only thing he knows is that one of them is Metallica - Nothing Else Matters!

7 - The Offspring - Self Esteem

6 - Metallica - Nothing Else Matters

5 - AC/DC - You Shook Me all Night Long

4 - Pearl Jam - Better Man

3 - Red hot Chilli Peppers - Under The Bridge

We don't actually know if eminem is in there atm... i think the station is just fuckn with ppl.. hahah.. he better not be!

Thnkas smoron!

Well i was thinking that they would play eminiem at number 1 and then joke and say it wan not really the number one song, and that they would then play the right song, but no!

Its fucking the real number 2!

FUCK!

oh well... Sweet child o mine at 13 is good

well the thing is that it was voted by listeners.....

You see the reason for eminem getting in there, is because people were so pissed off that the guy who was making the list wouldn't boycott non-rock artists, and were so anti eminem, that the people who didn't really care, voted for eminem to piss off all us true rock fans.....

But the thing is that eminem was probably the only non-rock song in there, that just happened to be in their for illigitimate reasons...... So basically you can dodge all the GNR songs up one position.....

That's true, the top tunes are always going to be selected by the current generation of listeners, and it's gonna be whatever shit is popular at the time.

If this was done in 1989 Sweet Child would probably be number 1

Wow this is Cr@p >:(  it's a rock list not a all music list , and I'm very dissapointed in some of your fellow Aussies Sm and Gnrlies ( go knock some sense into them  ;D ) SLTS at 1 , yes it was a "revolutionary song " but c'mon it wasn't the greatest rocker of all time and WTF is WTTJ doing outside of the top 100 ,it's onne of the best rock n roll recordings ever Everyone knows WTTJ , we had a countdown in the US over thanksgiving and PC , SCOM , WTTJ ,and NR were all top 100 . Oh well what the F*ck can I do  :P but MM at #2 , he ain't even the best rapper evr .  ::)

Peace GnR Nation  8)

That's true, the top tunes are always going to be selected by the current generation of listeners, and it's gonna be whatever shit is popular at the time.

If this was done in 1989 Sweet Child would probably be number 1

well i would actually have to disagree with you on that one.....

No new songs made it into the top 10.... (besides faggy eminem who only got there for reasons other than the song)

Typically metallica, ac/dc, nirvana, led zeppelin and those kinds of bands make up the top 10 (they do one each year)

Sweet child o mine would not of made number one... It wouldn't of even made 13... Becuase now the song has matured and is considered a classic and not just a current hit...

And this count down wasn't a "top 40" type countdown, this was definately a rock countdown...

For the record smells like teen spirit got number 1