NOW IT IS OFFICIAL!!!!!

Carne_asaDA

"To the ones who are negative and want to see either myself or the new band fall on their faces, personally I can't pass up an opportunity to upset so many of them in one quick swoop. I get misty-eyed just thinking about it. I feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside! But seriously...this is our tour. This is a collection of performances I've agreed to. That I have personally authorized not someone else's good intentions gone awry or a reckless promoter's personal agenda. These shows are important to us and for better or worse we'll be there. For those who've had my back and are down by us with even a modicum of understanding we hope to give you our best, and look forward to seeing you on this little intro jaunt."

This is even funnier ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

thats a real shame, but yeah, you could see it coming. i dont know what caused it, but perhaps if Axl had actually shown up to the other gigs, they wouldnt have pulled the plug maybe? just a thought... i feel sorry for all the GNR fans who were looking forward to that.

"To the ones who are negative and want to see either myself or the new band fall on their faces, personally I can't pass up an opportunity to upset so many of them in one quick swoop. I get misty-eyed just thinking about it. I feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside! But seriously...this is our tour. This is a collection of performances I've agreed to. That I have personally authorized not someone else's good intentions gone awry or a reckless promoter's personal agenda. These shows are important to us and for better or worse we'll be there. For those who've had my back and are down by us with even a modicum of understanding we hope to give you our best, and look forward to seeing you on this little intro jaunt."  

I do not understand why people are laughing in regards to this quote.  It is not funny, it is sad.  Axl is only human, sure we all are responsible for our actions, but Axl is obviously dealing with some really heavy stuff.  Was he right in trying to go on a tour when he still is battling inner demons--I dunno, but he obviously thought he was.  I think he did the best he could under the circumstances.  Nobody knows for sure what is going on in Axl's head but Axl, so I do not think it is fair to pass judgements.  Everyone reacts differently to situations.  I do not think he did this to be an asshole or anything like that.  I do not think it was calculated on his part.  

I think it is really sad that the whole tour got canned.  I wish I had been priveledged enough to see them before all this went down.  I flew from Texas to Philly to see the show and was devestated when it was canceled.  I tried to hold out hope  that I could see them in Dallas or HOuston, but now that hope is gone.

I am not saying not to be mad or upset by any means, b/c I sure am very sad about the whole ordeal, but I don't blame Axl.  I truly belive he is a good person and had the best intentions, but sometimes even that is not enough.   I have faith in him.  I hope he is able to get the rest and help he needs to be healthy and come back and do the best tour since 91.

I have his back!  ;)

I do not understand why people are laughing in regards to this quote.  It is not funny, it is sad.  Axl is only human, sure we all are responsible for our actions, but Axl is obviously dealing with some really heavy stuff.  Was he right in trying to go on a tour when he still is battling inner demons--I dunno, but he obviously thought he was.  I think he did the best he could under the circumstances.  Nobody knows for sure what is going on in Axl's head but Axl, so I do not think it is fair to pass judgements.  Everyone reacts differently to situations.  I do not think he did this to be an asshole or anything like that.  I do not think it was calculated on his part.  

I think it is really sad that the whole tour got canned.  I wish I had been priveledged enough to see them before all this went down.  I flew from Texas to Philly to see the show and was devestated when it was canceled.  I tried to hold out hope  that I could see them in Dallas or HOuston, but now that hope is gone.

I am not saying not to be mad or upset by any means, b/c I sure am very sad about the whole ordeal, but I don't blame Axl.  I truly belive he is a good person and had the best intentions, but sometimes even that is not enough.   I have faith in him.  I hope he is able to get the rest and help he needs to be healthy and come back and do the best tour since 91.

I have his back!  ;)

:-/ ::)..................Nuh uh.

He needs to get off of his high horse and rejoin the one's helped him get where he is today. He needs to rejoin with the group that made you a fan in the first place.

I'm all misty eyed too... I thought his new shows were cool and I for one wasn't against them.  I though it demonstrated a huge amount of talent. Perhaps another day....another way. Sorry to all you people who didn't get to see this go round. I'm sure they will regroup and revamp. Like Axl said theres to much potential here....

When they do come back I bet you they promote the hell out of it. I mean you didn't see personable articles in any of the rock mags out there. There was nothing that would endear potential new fans and draw back old ones. It was like this low key tour. Personally I think clear channel was gambling on GNR being recieved like they were in the 90's and from a business point of view this was a risk.

I'm all misty eyed too... I thought his new shows were cool and I for one wasn't against them.  I though it demonstrated a huge amount of talent. Perhaps another day....another way. Sorry to all you people who didn't get to see this go round. I'm sure they will regroup and revamp. Like Axl said theres to much potential here.....

Rockerman, you've been ripping Axl to shreds for weeks. And yet now you pretend to be sad that the tour is off?!

Make up your mind.  :P

Anyone got some really cheap tickets?? :D

I got to see the new band twice.. in Vegas at the first show and in Tacoma.  I got what I expected, a rusty performance that still blew most everything I've been to away!!  Who cares if other people went to see the concerts, and what does it matter if they were making money??  Did you expect that Axl would behave any differently than he has??  I fail to see how any of this means anything.  The new band plays AFD stuff really well, the new songs sound great (with the exception of Silkworms) and I'd travel from Alaska to see them again any time, any where.  

Why would you bother to get on a GnR website to trash the band??

axl brought this all on himself. you cant consistenty show up late and expect your promoters not to get píssed. WTF does he think? that theyre as big as they used to be and can do this? he's needing brought down so maybe after this he can realise he needs to WORK to make a tour come off, like everyone else does, and that he isnt a god of rock anymore. i wish this tour had been succesful though, its a shame.

Well all this really means is that Clear Channel dropped them , another company could pick them up so don't get to upset New GnR backers  ;) I hope you guys still get to see your shows I wish I was at MSG ( oh well  :P ) , I don't think Axl will give up this easily for him this is just ANOTHER delay , but I don't know how the other guys will take it  ???

Peace GnR Nation  8)