And now...

little_witch

I guess at this point you all expect me to either a) desperately try to defend this or B) change my attitude about Axl.  Ain't happening.  It isn't necessary to defend it and it changes nothing for me.  This is Axl.  Warts and all.  It's nothing new.  H's doing what he's been doing for years.  Maybe Axl will show...maybe he won't.   Maybe he'll go on stage on time...maybe he won't.  Maybe he'll walk off after 10 minutes...maybe he won't.  Maybe he'll dive into the crowd and beat the hell out of someone...maybe he won't.  Cancelled shows, riots and such didn't change the fact that when he's on no one can touch him 10 years ago and it doesn't change it now.  It was that "F*ck you" attitude that got GNR to the top.  Slash is a brilliant guitarist and the band as a whole was great.  And there are brilliant guitarists and great bands who'll never even begin to rival what GNR has done.  Because they don't have a frontman like Axl who can drag them kicking and screaming into the public eye and keep them there.  In the 80 s and 90 s EVERYONE knew who GNR was and EVERYONE knew who Axl Rose was.  I'm NOT saying that I think this was a publicity stunt.  I doubt most of the sh*t that happened 10 years ago was either.  It was just Axl being Axl.  I had no problem with that then.  And I still don't.  Someone here said a short time ago "If you can't stand the heat get the f*ck out of the kitchen."  Good point.  If you can't stand Axl's heat stay out of his kitchen.  Don't buy tickets, don't buy the cd, and don't expect Axl to suddenly become Mr Ethical.  If that's what you're looking for may I suggest Scott Stapp.  Because Axl  isn't going to bend to suit your idea of what he should be.  He'll keep right on being himself and I for one am glad.

Nicely said! Nice!

Hahah You know what i would LOVE to hear!

Axl making a statement apologising and explaining that a VERY CLOSE person... in his life... became horribly ill and he had to go see them at the hospital and that is why (so far) those dates around christmas NYE are cancelled and that is why he just didnt show at Philly... i find it hard to believe that a basketball game is what happened!

FUCK Wouldnt that shut all the "haters" out their up! I'm praying that is what has happened cause i would laugh my fuckn ass off!

Bwhaha just had to mention that... Just a thought.... love to see it happen..and see him reschedule the dates and make everyone that did/said stupid shit feel like a complete TOSS!

Im sure even if that isnt the truth he will come up with something like that and you will look foolish anyway.... Blah!

FYI the band did not cancel the tour. the promoter did so if you want to complain to someone send emails to Clear Channel and bitch to them.  they are the ones responsible. maybe if enough fan support happens they will reschedule everything. worth a shot :-/

lw i don't think anyone believes you should say anything... there are some facts like you've stated but everyone has his opinion and his way to react to these facts and i guess noone has to apologise or to explain anything.. i read in another thread something like "look who was right", i think nathan wrote it.. although i agree in almost everything with you nathan i don't think it's a matter of who was wrong and right all the way.. also noone has been proved wrong unless it all ends ;)

he didnt cancel tours then and the albums were right on time

Alsobsession is right.  It's the promoters that cancelled the tour.  Axl may not command the popularity today that kept promoters from cancelling whole tours back then but the behaviors aren't different.  The tours weren't cancelled after St Louis or Montreal and I'd say jumping into the crowd and beating someone is far worse than just not showing up for whatever reason. The things that are happening on this tour are pretty much par for the course.  If people want to give up because of this they can.  I won't.  If I stick my hand in a flame, I don't blame the fire when I get burned.  Axl is just exactly who I want him to be...Axl.

All I know is now the dates for the concert later this month are still up for sale and maybe we'll get our concert we all paid for. Whatever the reason for all this I don't really care. If it is the promoters you stand to lose some big money and if it is Axl then he needs to STOP being so self destructive and like himself enough to do this for himself and his fans. If it is his throat then maybe giving it a rest for a few weeks is good. Take some Vitaman C with zinc and complete the fricken tour.  Axl you do deserve to be successful and quit distroying anything good that the man upstairs has for you. Get out there and do your thing.

All I know is now the dates for the concert later this month are still up for sale and maybe we'll get our concert we all paid for. Whatever the reason for all this I don't really care. If it is the promoters you stand to lose some big money and if it is Axl then he needs to STOP being so self destructive and like himself enough to do this for himself and his fans. If it is his throat then maybe giving it a rest for a few weeks is good. Take some Vitaman C with zinc and complete the fricken tour.  Axl you do deserve to be successful and quit distroying anything good that the man upstairs has for you. Get out there and do your thing.

The band and Axl want to continue the tour. tell the promoter to pull their heads out of you know where and put them back out there

I guess at this point you all expect me to either a) desperately try to defend this or B) change my attitude about Axl.  Ain't happening.  It isn't necessary to defend it and it changes nothing for me.  This is Axl.  Warts and all.  It's nothing new.  H's doing what he's been doing for years.  Maybe Axl will show...maybe he won't.   Maybe he'll go on stage on time...maybe he won't.  Maybe he'll walk off after 10 minutes...maybe he won't.  Maybe he'll dive into the crowd and beat the hell out of someone...maybe he won't.  Cancelled shows, riots and such didn't change the fact that when he's on no one can touch him 10 years ago and it doesn't change it now.  It was that "F*ck you" attitude that got GNR to the top.  Slash is a brilliant guitarist and the band as a whole was great.  And there are brilliant guitarists and great bands who'll never even begin to rival what GNR has done.  Because they don't have a frontman like Axl who can drag them kicking and screaming into the public eye and keep them there.  In the 80 s and 90 s EVERYONE knew who GNR was and EVERYONE knew who Axl Rose was.  I'm NOT saying that I think this was a publicity stunt.  I doubt most of the sh*t that happened 10 years ago was either.  It was just Axl being Axl.  I had no problem with that then.  And I still don't.  Someone here said a short time ago "If you can't stand the heat get the f*ck out of the kitchen."  Good point.  If you can't stand Axl's heat stay out of his kitchen.  Don't buy tickets, don't buy the cd, and don't expect Axl to suddenly become Mr Ethical.  If that's what you're looking for may I suggest Scott Stapp.  Because Axl  isn't going to bend to suit your idea of what he should be.  He'll keep right on being himself and I for one am glad.

and that is why i love him....he is AXL ROSE

FYI the band did not cancel the tour. the promoter did so if you want to complain to someone send emails to Clear Channel and bitch to them.  they are the ones responsible. maybe if enough fan support happens they will reschedule everything. worth a shot :-/

It WAS Axl's fault!!! I'm willing to bet that he knew what the consequences would be if he did it again.

but axl does owe us fans somethign...

I mean at least for the fans who payed good money to see him...

I mean how would you feel if he canceled your show???

I mean i dont think you will see too many people from philly sticking up for axl..

I mean sure, if you dont want to get burn't then dont touch the fire, but axl's a fucking human being, who can make choices, and has desicions to make. He can choose to play for a show, or he can choose to watch basketball in his hotel room in New York.... These arent freakish chance events, this is a choice axl has made...

We as fans are owed somehting... We are owed the respect from axl for getting him where he his...

its a 2 way thing....

I mean im not really saying whether i condemn axl or whatever, but i mean its fairly safe to say that if you buy tickets you deserve to get the show....

little witch...I was reading your post and had to laugh at the end of it.  I read on MTV.com that Creed performed at some rock festival and because Scott Stapp's mike wasn't working, he walked off the stage, but returned to the stage later.  Needless to say, the crowd didn't like that at all.    

...  It isn't necessary to defend it and it changes nothing for me.  This is Axl.  Warts and all.  It's nothing new.  H's doing what he's been doing for years.  Maybe Axl will show...maybe he won't.   Maybe he'll go on stage on time...maybe he won't.  Maybe he'll walk off after 10 minutes...maybe he won't.  Maybe he'll dive into the crowd and beat the hell out of someone...maybe he won't.  Cancelled shows, riots and such didn't change the fact that when he's on no one can touch him 10 years ago and it doesn't change it now.  It was that "F*ck you" attitude that got GNR to the top.  Slash is a brilliant guitarist and the band as a whole was great.  And there are brilliant guitarists and great bands who'll never even begin to rival what GNR has done.  Because they don't have a frontman like Axl who can drag them kicking and screaming into the public eye and keep them there...

I have to agree.

For those of us who have been following the band from the start, this isn't new. Axl has always been unpredictable, volatile and slightly eccentric. He's always been notoriously late for shows. It's just a fact of GNR life. He likes to get into his own space and go on when he's prepared mentally. That's the way he is, and that's not likely to change anytime soon.

So, what surprises me -- is how so many people seem shocked and outraged when he's late or doesn't show up.  Hello --- he's always been that way!.

I'm not condoning his behavior. But that's Axl Rose. Love him or hate him. That's just the way he is. So, don't buy tickets to his concert if you think you're going to become psychotic and rip up a stadium if he's late or doesn't show up. Stay home.

It's kind of like the person who buys a house near an airport -- and then starts complaining about the sound of planes flying overhead.  ::)

But one thing is certain ... When Axl is on, no one comes close to matching his amazing voice, charismatic stage presence, brilliant songwriting skills and 'don't f*ck with me' attitude. For many of us, the extra patience is worth it.  ;)

but axl does owe us fans somethign...

I mean at least for the fans who payed good money to see him...

I mean how would you feel if he canceled your show???

I mean i dont think you will see too many people from philly sticking up for axl..

I mean sure, if you dont want to get burn't then dont touch the fire, but axl's a fucking human being, who can make choices, and has desicions to make. He can choose to play for a show, or he can choose to watch basketball in his hotel room in New York.... These arent freakish chance events, this is a choice axl has made...

We as fans are owed somehting... We are owed the respect from axl for getting him where he his...

its a 2 way thing....

I mean im not really saying whether i condemn axl or whatever, but i mean its fairly safe to say that if you buy tickets you deserve to get the show....

He doesn't owe you a damn thing... you will realize one day nobody owes you jack. Selfish selfish selfish.

fuck dude....

Do you think people pay money for nothign???

Axl owes us as much as we have given him in the past.. Its a two way thing..

I mean you go to a cd store, you pay your money and get AFD.... Thats a transaction made... Now we paid for the album...

Now its the same for people who go and see a concert. They go to a ticket office and pay money, and get a ticket to see axl.. Now axl then needs to play...

Its not a difficult thing....

And yes, axl does owe us.. We have supported him through all the shit, and we deserve respect. If it werent for us, then he would be a has been rockstar who nobody knows or cares about...

I mean if you want to say he doesn't owe you anything, then fine, but you can speak for yourself and not everybody else on here..

And as was just said, its nothing much to ask for him to come to a show!

Whether or not he owes us something has zero to do with what I'm saying.  The point is that this is Axl being Axl.  Anyone who can't grasp that has missed a fundamental truth about GNR.  Keep in mind that this is one of the reasons GNR was one of the biggest bands on the face of the earth.  It was sh*t like this that put them in the public eye and kept them there.  It was a huge part of that "bad boy I don't give a f*ck" attitude that made them a household name.  Everyone b*tches that the attitude is gone.  Apparently it isn't.  

Again, I'll say that I don't believe that this was a calculated move.  You say that Axl is human being who makes decisions.

He's definitely human.  And we're not all completely responsible for our actions.  

That being said, as far as I'm concerned the only thing Axl owes us is to continue being Axl and since he is I consider him paid in full.