Slash, is there anything he won't sell out to?

Mr_Sparkle

whats the problem...

I mean its not selling out, and who cares...

I mean axl played with elton john, does that make axl a poor musician? I mean it doesn't as there is nothign wrong with elton john. I mean sure, Pink might of been a little out of character for slash, but i mean what are you all trying to say, that he should only play with people who are "rockers" n stuff?

I mean i would rather slash be out there in public, than hiding away in his californian home doing nothing....

I think selling out is a rough term. I wouldn't even be surprised if he didn't get paid for many fo these gigs.

You know, all im saying is that we cant judge him for this, becuase its upo to him who he works with, not us computer nerds sitting at home on our computers.

I mean i couldn't give a crap who axl worked with. As its up to him. If you really care who he works with, then thats fine for you, but i dont, and many others dont so yeah.

(just as long as he isn't appearing on a britney spears record! haha)

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

axl cancelled a whole gig in vancouver and we all have an excuse for him in a few seconds....

Axl never cancelled the Vancouver gig. The stadium managers scrapped it -- and without his knowledge or approval.  For some strange reason, you like to ignore that detail.  :-/ Why is that HD?

whats the problem...

I mean its not selling out, and who cares...

I mean axl played with elton john, does that make axl a poor musician?...

What's wrong with playing with Elton John?  He's a legend. And Axl himself said he was a great influence on him musically.

Umm... Can't say the same for Pink.  :P

..(just as long as he isn't appearing on a britney spears record! haha)

I'm glad you draw the line somewhere.  :D ;D

Aerosmith - sold out

Led Zeplin - sold out

slash - major sellout without shame

There is a huge difference from playing on MTV music awards with Elton John then playing in a Dodge commercial.  When you do this crap you are selling out your art.  I love Slash, I personally wish he was still in the band... But when he keeps doing this stupid crap over and over I lose more and more respect for him.  When Axl is doing Twix commercials or doing Ford comercials then you can call him a sellout as will I.  You can not tell me that comdex, the major part in Corporate America is NOT SELLING OUT!  You are so full of sh!t!  Comdex is a huge sellout.. Slash has sold his soul to keep in the public eye... The article itself said semi-famous guitar player... He wouldn't even be that if he didn't keep pimping his fame from 10 years ago.  he Needs to put out a good album, and do it the right way instead of this commercial garbage.  Axl is keeping true, playing new songs (as well as old) ... Not selling anyting.. not even an album, I will take that any day over a sellout punk.

What's wrong with playing with Elton John?  He's a legend. And Axl himself said he was a great influence on him musically.

Umm... Can't say the same for Pink.  

Nothigns wrong with elton john!

Thats my point! I mean what i am saying is that if you claim that by playing with a musician that isn't of rock n roll decendance then its immediately wrong. I mean sure, Pink might be slightly umm "Poppish" but who cares!

You can not tell me that comdex, the major part in Corporate America is NOT SELLING OUT!

Ok, comdex is the only thing slash has done that can be considered selling out. On all other occasions he has performed with other musicians.

And whats to say that anythign in music isn't selling out?

Selling albums would be selling out in that case....

And slash has made albums. He has put out 2 snakepit records, and is getting together with "the project"...

Thats 2 more records that axl has done.

oh bullsh!t... slash has done many other questionable projects.......

name them....

Off the top of my head, (this year) i will give you the ones i know:

chic

bad company

pink

camp freddy (twice)

robbie williams

michael jackson 30th special

randy castillo tribute

comdex

Kid stays in the picture s/track

those are few, of course there are more, but other than these can you name any more?

If so, what would make them sell outs?

I mean all of these are for other artists, not corporations or anything.

so what if ppl wanna try new things, its not like aerosmith,axl,slash or anyone went from a rock album to a hip hop album come on man, if axl was at the convention  the axl "can do no wrong" folks would be like "omg omg its him"  oh ya,slash is gonna be at the south park aniversary party,for real,lol

so what if ppl wanna try new things, its not like aerosmith,axl,slash or anyone went from a rock album to a hip hop album come on man, if axl was at the convention  the axl "can do no wrong" folks would be like "omg omg its him"  oh ya,slash is gonna be at the south park aniversary party,for real,lol

Axl can do wrong.. As i said, when he is doing Twix Comercials or selling Pepsi.. then He will be a sellout as is Slash

"Axl never cancelled the Vancouver gig. The stadium managers scrapped it -- and without his knowledge or approval.  For some strange reason, you like to ignore that detail.   Why is that HD?"

madison why should i care who cancelled the gig ? i just care that the gig didn't happen because axl wasn't there on time...

beyond that didn't anyone esle except me notice that new gnr played at the (britney spears, nsync,backstreet boys, eminem,jlo,pink,shakira) MTV VMAS this year ??? but when they did i didn't come here shouting they're sellouts. i just said "ok it was a chance to promote.. what's wrong?". and slash plays in a couple of "stupid" but not as heavy promoted as MTV VMAS and every complexed person comes here and makes our life boring... am i saying something wrong ?

yes you are saying many things wrong.. there is a difference between selling out and promoting!  Sheesh, i take it you are not an artist of any kind   ::)  and AXL WAS NOT LATE FOR FU@KS SAKE!  He would have been there by 10pm which was under the gidelines of starting at a REASONABLE FU@KING TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! bah!!  ::)   >:(    ::)

"... madison why should i care who cancelled the gig ? i just care that the gig didn't happen because axl wasn't there on time...

Of course you should care who cancelled the gig. Otherwise you're laying blame on the wrong person -- in this case Axl. He has said he fully planned to be there and would have been if the stadium manager had not scrapped the show prematurely -- and without informing or consulting the band.

..beyond that didn't anyone esle except me notice that new gnr played at the (britney spears, nsync,backstreet boys, eminem,jlo,pink,shakira) MTV VMAS this year ??? but when they did i didn't come here shouting they're sellouts. i just said "ok it was a chance to promote.. what's wrong?". and slash plays in a couple of "stupid" but not as heavy promoted as MTV VMAS and every complexed person comes here and makes our life boring... am i saying something wrong ?

HD, the big difference is that this was not a Britney show, and he wasn't jumping onstage to play with Britney or Pink.  This was an industry awards show. While I'm not a huge fan of MTV (I think they lost credibility years ago when they started pushing those God-awful boy/girl bands), the VMAs nevertheless remains a show that many in the industry watch closely.

"Slash is a rock god!  It's all about music for him!  And after all he does have to make a living!"

Well if he's so god awful great and he's just trying to make a living and he's all about the fans maybe he should spend his time creating something for them instead of wasting all of his time appearing on VH1 and making guest appearances anywhere they'll have him.  And how anyone could mention Elton John and Pink in the same breath is beyond me.

"Slash is a rock god!  It's all about music for him!  And after all he does have to make a living!"

Well if he's so god awful great and he's just trying to make a living and he's all about the fans maybe he should spend his time creating something for them instead of wasting all of his time appearing on VH1 and making guest appearances anywhere they'll have him.  And how anyone could mention Elton John and Pink in the same breath is beyond me.

Amen.  :D;)

Good to see ya back Little Witch.

mr sparkle sure any music awards aren't selling out. gay [glow=red,2,300]MTV[/glow] music awards for my 13 year old sister are ...

madison when you have a date at 11.00 and you go at 12:30 it's your fault. not the restaurants fault that closed and didn't wait for you and your date to eat...

also "the big difference is that this was not a Britney show,".. ok it wasn't a britney show .. it was a :

eminem

pink

jennifer lopez

shakira

nsync

kylie minogue

and THE MIGHTY GUNS N F'N ROSES

SHOW!!!!!

great .... isn't this a sell-out ?

besides you sell out when you do it because "many in the industry watch closely", not because you're doing it for fun ...

LOL, you are so way off base.. Every perfomer basically goes through MTV to promote their stuff.  Not every performer sells pepsi and plays with Britney.  There is a line to cross, and Slash has crossed it.  Axl has not stepped over the line.  Once again, if he sold pepsi or coke or Dodge Vans.. I would say he has stepped over the line.. But saying he is a sellout for using  MTV "MUSIC TELEVSION" to promote his album is just lame.  I don't recall Comdex being "Music Comdex" or pepsi being "Pepsi Music"  get a clue man...  ::)