Slash, is there anything he won't sell out to?

Mr_Sparkle

How can you seriously call this joke of a band GNR.  Please this board is full of people who think, this current group is GNR, they are not.  I had many many offers to got MSG show Dec 5th and turned them all down.  You know why, because in 1989 I saw the REAL GNR in the Garden.  Axel can go screw himself.  Slash and crew should get S. BAch from Skid Row to sing for their new group, that would be a line-up more like the original GNR.  I just do not understand how people can call this groups GNR and play all AFD songs with no original stuff.  

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are actually serious, you believe this band is GNR.  That is funny.  That is what I don't understand, how you can believe they are GNR.  Even if this band turns out to be good, which they won't, they are still not GNR.  It is just not right.

And there we have it ladies and gentleman another individual that knows how to speak his mind...right on! Now before we tear him apart for his opinion consider that he speaks the truth in volumes..however.... as a person that has seen GNR in 87 91/92 and this "new" incarnation myself I will say the muscianship was spectacular and the performance superb but was it GNR? Turning down an offer to see them in MSG might have been a mistake.  You may be right.

Mr. Sparkle I thought you were the champion ofnot believing everything you read?

I would imagine that this current band, is likely a great cover band, I will give you that.  But when was the last time a cover band played MSG.  No way will I support Axl in this, no way.  As for bad mouthing the other members for partying, Axl is crazy, that is what gave the band its edge.  This band will not change rock the way the real GNR did in 86.

sometimes it is best to go out on top as one of the worlds best rock and roll bands, in my view the best ever, then to come back and make a joke out of what you achieved.  Before this silly tour, people really felt GNR was great, some disagreed to how great, but most felt they were a defining rock band.  Now, hummm somewhat of a joke I guess.  A guy wearing a bucket who doesn't like girls, representing the new rock scene....great just what we need.

one more thing.  This Dizzy Reed, who the F**K is he?  He is getting a ton of press.  This keyboard guy thinks he is part of GNR......just so funny.  He was the beginning of the end.  I read somewhere about him bad mouthing Izzy, come on.  This is all so far fetched it is beyond belief.

gotta agree with you about the bucket thing and the going out on top. i think its safe to say were all holding our breath hoping that Axls new album doesn't suck big time. I know for myself I'm hoping that theres something worth the wait on those 18 tracks. We've been around and around about the GNR name thing and it appears that theres always gonna be a divsion on that one but  I think we can all agree that GNR in its prime will be remembered right up there with Zeppelin, Beatles, Rolling Stones and Nieghbors Kid ;D

one more thing.  This Dizzy Reed, who the F**K is he?  He is getting a ton of press.  This keyboard guy thinks he is part of GNR......just so funny.  He was the beginning of the end.  I read somewhere about him bad mouthing Izzy, come on.  This is all so far fetched it is beyond belief.

you are obviously not a fan.. as Dizzy has been around forever.

Jimgnr , Izzy's remark was " Izzy will probably quit the project in two weeks anyway just like the Juju Hounds " or something of that nature and that it was crap an I was upset bout that but you gotta have some respect for him He's been there lonnger than any other member except Axl and that's gotta say somthing , besides he's a good keyboardist and is starting to contribute his own ideas now .

Peace GnR Nation  8)

The back ground singers on knocken on heavens door were key to the group also, bring them back.  Dizzy is 100% not needed.  He was their due to charity and really should say nothing about anyone involved with AFD, period.  His tenor with regards to the current band members means nothing to me.  Just my opinion.  My point is GNR is not back.

what do you guys think about Sabachen (spelling) Bach joining the original band members as front man.  That band, which is more GNR than this fake one, would rock and could actually make a splash on the rock scene.  What do you think?

yes you are right, coming on for UYI to play the fake piano was a critical role.  Thank god they had him at the Whiskey in the day..........look up facetious.

You are in way over your head, trust me.

LOL, way over my head... yeah ok, you dont' even know who dizzy is and I am way over my head? What a joke, Izzy actually has been around since the begining jerky.. He didn't play on AFD, but he has played with the band for quite a while.  You have no clue who you are talking to, you probably havn't even seen them live.  If you did, it was probably after they were signed and already main stream   ::)

Dizzy joined in April 1990, again the beginning of the end.  Basically a charity hire.  You must know about that also.  Anyone on this board actually know anything about this band?

Key word there buddy "Joined" in 1990, i never said anything about him "Joining" in 1986... you are probably some 18 year old punk who thinks he knows what GnR is all about.. Anyway, you are obvioulsy here to just cause trouble, and be an idiot.  So, you have now joined the Mr Sparkle* ignore list... Thanks and have a nice day    ;D

I'm heading to my first GNR show in 11 years and decided to see what's being posted.  God, what garbage!  I can't even believe I'm taking the time to respond.  How many of you have a life?  Why all of the debate?

I've been a huge Guns N' Roses fan for the last 15 years.  Any new material rocks.  As far as selling out, what a lame ass term.  Please elaborate, what is selling out?  You all post responses as if you know what the band is thinking.  The media works wonders and until you hear Axl say "Slash sucks" or Slash say "Axl sucks" get over it.  The AFD and UYI albums have already been written.  At this point a good band can play the songs.  What the new GNR is doing is writing new songs.  Writing a song that the public likes is what it's all about.

Now, please post all of the FU comments but at least take the time to realize that if you have issues with GNR then you really need to get a life.   It's simple if you have issues with Axl and the band then don't follow the tour or go to the shows.

God, I feel like a kid responding but I don't get the low class mentality.