Slash, is there anything he won't sell out to?

Mr_Sparkle

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea exactly, if people can be fired up for that..imagine how they will feel when GNR comes to their town and finally when they get their cd.  I think I saw Slash at the VMA's too.

G-Face

i dont believe slash was there if he was there we would know about it for sure

Jim - you are referring to Jimmy Fallon when you say "i remember some moron introducing them jumping up and down yelling please welcome Guns and roses, he thought the band was all there"...and he knew damn well that it was a whole new band.  Notice afterwards when he was talking with Kurt Loder, he said "It was great" (or something like that) and then mentioned "Buckethead did his job."  Hmm...think he knew about it.  And I would think he would f-cking know what was going on if he was hosting the d amn thing.

You people need to look up the word facetious, please.  Many of my posts contain facetious parts.  I know damn well who Jimmy Fallon is and I know he knew it wasn't the same group.  In 1986 MTV did not want anything to do with GNR, the same can be said for most radio stations.  The band made themselves, Axl's new band is trying to use MTV to make it.

well if slash and co. can't get by in the music biz or even asked to appear at shows together as a band because they aren't called GNR than they got big problems... :-/

G-Face

see it is this type of crap that makes you people non-GNR fans, or at least the real band.  How can you talk sh*t about 80% of the band and claim to love it.   In GNRs heyday Slash was banded from f*ggy MTV for swearing remember, I am sure he really could care less about playing on MTV.  Axl is in bed with MTV now, so I am sure the new album will be rocking........please.

lol....whatever.  that guy was obviously pumped.  i thought the performance was pretty good.  not as near good as it could've been.  but chicago backs that up and so does every other live performance they do!

G-Face

The MTV performance was horrible, I think it is almost universally agreed.   Many 7th and 8th graders probably liked it, because the bucket/holloween guy was so scary to them.  It was also loud which impresses young kids, what it was not was a kicken GNR performance.  I had some friends over for a party that night and we turned on the awards at the end just to see Axl and almost every laughed.....it was sad.

1. the performance shouldnt have a medley they sould

of only do WTTJ or Paradise city                                        

2.axl had a pure voice it didnt have any anger in it and he looked too fat

The Verdict:

Axl is and will always be #1!!

Yes the CD will sell, big time. We have already heard a number of songs and they kick ass!  

Maybe, you think that a guitar player could keep your attention for 2 hours.  Not me, Axl is G & R because he is a star, and can keep an audience entertained for a lot longer than that.  Only a few people have that star magnetism, and he has it.  Can you say that about Slash?

SLASH IS A WANNA BE, like you loosers that want to be  stuck in the past.  Go to a Slash forum, if you can find one!

Why don't you find an all Axl forum A S S face cause this is an all GNR forum. Not a new Gnr or old Gnr but GNR as they are and were. Axl has control over the GNR name so he is GNR. It used to be a great name for a great group, the greatest, but now its starting over with all new members, except Axl and Dizzy of course. The original band was the best but those days are over and unlikely to ever happen again so now we have a shadow of what they used to be. It's a sad reality but it's all we got so deal with it without forgetting or disrespecting the original band.

Why don't you find an all Axl forum A S S face cause this is an all GNR forum. Not a new Gnr or old Gnr but GNR as they are and were. Axl has control over the GNR name so he is GNR. It used to be a great name for a great group, the greatest, but now its starting over with all new members, except Axl and Dizzy of course. The original band was the best but those days are over and unlikely to ever happen again so now we have a shadow of what they used to be. It's a sad reality but it's all we got so deal with it without forgetting or disrespecting the original band.

DrPun... I congratulate you.....

Well said... ;D

The thing is, that this is a GNR forum... GNR is the old band..... Not the new band.. Gnr is thew band that played AFD, GNRLIES, UYI and SI... This new band is just a side prject just as equivilent as snakepit, or izzy's solo work... It just happens to be called GNR....

DrPun... I congratulate you.....

Well said... ;D

The thing is, that this is a GNR forum... GNR is the old band..... Not the new band.. Gnr is thew band that played AFD, GNRLIES, UYI and SI... This new band is just a side prject just as equivilent as snakepit, or izzy's solo work... It just happens to be called GNR....

Thanks for telling us that gnrlies.  Nice to know you are the complete autority on GnR.  What was I thinking.  My ticket stub says GnR, but I am actually going to see Pink.  The record company is releasing an Album called by Guns N Roses... but it's not GnR... Axl was credited for 41% of writing AFD, yet he has nothing to do with GnR... I see  ::)  (insert sarcasm here)  

Is that 41% , the Lyrics . I just purhased the GnR Anthology book yesterday and in the Appetite Section all 5 members are credited with writing , same with Lies while on the Illusions it's different . BTW does anyone else own this book and if so how do you like it .

Peace GnR Nation  8)