NEWS ONPHILLY RADIO & TOMMY STINSON -WHERE AXL WAS

sammy

Here's what  was said on 100.3 radio in Philly this morning.  A DJ at the station (Matt Cord) who knows Tommy Stinson personally.  Said for the record he was with Tommy last Friday night when the show was supposed to go on.   He (Matt) received free seats on floor from Tommy and was at the show at 10:00-10:30 pm when he recieved a call from Tommy Stinson.  He assumed Tommy was back stage ready to go.  But Tommy stated I'm not at the FU Center and there's a lot of s**t going down now.  Get yourself and your friends and leave immediately.  He (Matt) met up with Tommy later and again repeated the story.  Tommy was told the tour was over that night and Clear Channel made that decision.  And the kicker...Guns were in Philly but Axl never left NYC...  

Rumors are that there was a plane or helicopter waiting to take him to Philly and he never went.  

This story was verified by members of CKY that personally did radio shows today and said they were told the shows cancelled and to leave the FU Center at about 10:30 before things happen and they were told the tour was cancelled that night.  

Two interesting side notes:  

1.   Jesse the drummer for CKY did say that the Vancouver show was not Axl's fault he was airborne and would have been a little late but still would have played but the promoter didn't care and cancelled.

2.   Jesse also said the Gunners weren't really getting along on the tour and even the night before in New York Buckethead and Robin Finck were arguing backstage.

Finally one last tidbit - Rumors are that the plane/helicopter for Axl was waiting because he was at the basketball game at MSG. Friday night.  This was repeated throughtout the day here in Philly by several radio stations.

Sorry almost forgot Tommy had stated he was HIRED 4 years ago to do a few tours and now it looks like thats not happening and he DOUBTS THE NEW ALBUM WILL COME OUT ever if at all....  Sorry for the bad news  but I couldn't find anything good. :(

.   Jesse also said the Gunners weren't really getting along on the tour and even the night before in New York Buckethead and Robin Finck were arguing backstage.

Why doesn't this suprise me .. Oh yea all these guys are way too different from each other and thier ideas are so far apart , I wonder if B-Head was agruing through his sock puppet  ;D .

Peace GnR Nation  8)

Not to believe this stuff to quickly..

It seems strange, coincidently,when I was at the Boston show,

rumor amonst the cops was that Axl was in NY  watching the raiders game, and wasnt coming,

Well, he came...

This sports stuff, basketball game in NY, etc. seems to

be circulating a lot...

Doesnt make much sense, I mean why would he even bother to put this tour together if he wanted to attend basketball games, wouldnt he just go to basketball games whenever he wanted to...

just doesnt sound right.

Im not sure what is really going on, but I bet we will hear about it soon....

And it wont be basketball....

Not to believe this stuff to quickly..

It seems strange, coincidently,when I was at the Boston show,

rumor amonst the cops was that Axl was in NY  watching the raiders game, and wasnt coming,

Well, he came...

This sports stuff, basketball game in NY, etc. seems to

be circulating a lot...

Doesnt make much sense, I mean why would he even bother to put this tour together if he wanted to attend basketball games, wouldnt he just go to basketball games whenever he wanted to...

just doesnt sound right.

Im not sure what is really going on, but I bet we will hear about it soon....

And it wont be basketball....

only difference is the Jet/Oakland game was in Oakland not in NYC.  He could watch MNF on any TV.  

... Rumors are that the plane/helicopter for Axl was waiting because he was at the basketball game at MSG. Friday night.  This was repeated throughtout the day here in Philly by several radio stations....

I believe the Knicks were playing in Boston that night. So I don't know how Axl could have been watching a basketball game at the Garden -- unless he has supersonic vision that allows him to see games hundreds of miles away.

And if this rumor is incorrect, it certainly makes you wonder how credible the others ones are.

I believe the Knicks were playing in Boston that night. So I don't know how Axl could have been watching a basketball game at the Garden -- unless he has supersonic vision that allows him to see games hundreds of miles away.

And if this rumor is incorrect, it certainly makes you wonder how credible the others ones are.

Actually, for what its worth, they were playing Boston at MSG.

But I hardly beleive Axl stood up a show to stay and watch a basketball game.

Seems too far fetched.

only difference is the Jet/Oakland game was in Oakland not in NYC.  He could watch MNF on any TV.  

you can watch ANY live sports at ANY major sports complex, they all have satelite and all games are on.

So he could just as easily watched knicks / celts as raiders / jets, MNF or not.

this is simply a ridiculous theory...