Jesus of suburbia/On with the show

Raas

If you listen to "jesus of suburbia",about 01:55 into the song you can

clearly hear the similairities to motley crue's "On with the show"

Apparently green day've said they did it as a tribute(and motley approved it)because

motley were a big influence on their music.

No reaction yet by the diehard GD fans around here!

Btw I think I heard some bryan adams in the song as well,right after the motley

part.(summer of 69)

Maybe the song was meant to be a tribute to all of their influences I don't know.

:shades:

Dude, I just heard Jesus of Suburbia for the first time the other day... That song fucking rules! I've never really been a big fan of Green Day, but that song kicks ass. A nine-minute punk song!!??!! It's almost like the punk rock version of "Coma."

Dude, I just heard Jesus of Suburbia for the first time the other day... That song fucking rules! I've never really been a big fan of Green Day, but that song kicks ass. A nine-minute punk song!!??!! It's almost like the punk rock version of "Coma."

GD are moving away from punk and slowly towards pop-rock with the new album imo. Still, so long as it brings them fame I'm not complaining. I prefered the more raw sound they had on earlier albums - and the more punky one.

No reaction yet by the diehard GD fans around here!

Btw I think I heard some bryan adams in the song as well,right after the motley

part.(summer of 69)

Maybe the song was meant to be a tribute to all of their influences I don't know.

:shades:

yeh, man, i think its kinda like a tribute to all good rock n roll music in general and it proves that that type of music still is and always will be exciting, they draw from a lot of influences in that song and just listening to it is like being on a rollercoaster, fuck knows what it must have been like to actually write and play the thing! its fuckin huge! best rock song of the last few years? gotta be up there, surely?!

GREENDAY IS NOT PUNK thats like saying michael bolton is metal

michael bolton IS metal. He invented the term 'Hair metal' we owe it all to him, didnt you know? :)

Check out the mane on that dude, you're obviously not paying attention, my man!

..........huh little dumbass pricks....thats what happens when ur raised by wolves...turn out dumb and greenday fans.

Well there seems to be a heck of a lot of green day fans right now, guess being raised by wolves is it a common occurence, so to speak.

I love your sig, it seems to be all about fighting, is THAT punk? i must say, im in awe, but where do the wolves fit in in all of this? or are they too busy raising dumbasses like me?, growing up to like lame ass 3 chord wonder bands like greenday, how dare they draw influences from bands like the buzzcocks and the er, beatles? its just not on.

In order to be PR, you must write songs about killing, or better still, fucking your mom, have a mowhawk and wear a leather jacket. You must not, i repeat NOT make any money whatsoever, if you find somehow by accident you do, you must give it all to 'the kid on the street' who wont like your band in a year anyway. You must continue to live how you started out, 'nowhere', at best gigging round clubs or dirty squats and kitchens in a small smelly beat up van, i refuse to believe green day did this for years, i dont believe them. Look at them now, how could they have? how could they turn there backs on living hand to mouth, day to day just to give their small kids a neat life? none of us would do such a despicable thing now, would we?!

um no i dont have money is that ur concern?and u care because ?...and i dont have a band and yes i do like punk real punk true punk the real fuckin thing not stupid shit bands where the guys live with there mommy and daddys and have no fuckin idea what its like to live on the fuckin street and be on there own and go through the shit half the true punk(blank generation) went through ...and sure greenday may LIKE punk bands but it doesnt make them punk punk isnt something u can fuckin be its who you are you dont go around wearing a mohawk and leather jaket and if so good 4 u but its not a fuckin uniform you can just put on and play dress up in so fuck you little boy and ur nice little mall ""punk"" band

um no i dont have money is that ur concern?and u care because ?...and i dont have a band and yes i do like punk real punk true punk the real fuckin thing not stupid shit bands where the guys live with there mommy and daddys and have no fuckin idea what its like to live on the fuckin street and be on there own and go through the shit half the true punk(blank generation) went through ...and sure greenday may LIKE punk bands but it doesnt make them punk punk isnt something u can fuckin be its who you are you dont go around wearing a mohawk and leather jaket and if so good 4 u but its not a fuckin uniform you can just put on and play dress up in so fuck you little boy and ur nice little mall ""punk"" band

Hi again, sorry i didn't respond sooner but i was just looking for my sarcasm detector so that you could have a lend :rolleyes:

Why does everyone think im a kid? am i really that silly?! :lol:

I am 23 years old and have raised 2 kids, how the hell old are you, dicknose?!

What does PUNK mean anyway? if it means being yourself and NOT being restricted, then why the hell shouldnt bands like GD make tons of money, theyve done it the hard way, now they're getting their rewards for it.

Or are you one of those people who believe that you can never better yourself, in order to stay punk? fuck that, that's garbage, man!

Lastly, if we're goin on style of music, then they're as punk to me as they ever were, its called the other side of the coin, you do not have to sound like the sex pistols or black flag or minor threat, or whoever, there is also the buzzcocks factor, the ramones factor, the clash, need i go on?, by the way, all those bands were on a MAJOR LABEL, and they all wanted to be as big as Green Day are right now.

1)greenday say's there punk how the fuck do you catagorize yourself and rate yourself better than the sex pistols?2)why do you want to no about my life and how i live?k,you have kids?,go be with them stop being a moron and arguing with me cuz its very pointless and retarded..and sure the bands then may wanted too be as big as greenday is now ,but wat a fuckin generation this is now and theres was then and bruno fuck u i know where u sleep at night so shut the fuck up.

1)greenday say's there punk how the fuck do you catagorize yourself and rate yourself better than the sex pistols?2)why do you want to no about my life and how i live?k,you have kids?,go be with them stop being a moron and arguing with me cuz its very pointless and retarded..and sure the bands then may wanted too be as big as greenday is now ,but wat a fuckin generation this is now and theres was then and bruno fuck u i know where u sleep at night so shut the fuck up.

sense you make no :P

Look, you slagged green day down and im sticking up for them, everyone here knows i am their official sponsor :P

I only raised the 'other' points in response to your arguement.

You were the first one to throw insults about.

I told you about my life because you made the assumption i was 'some little boy' who liked 'mall punk' as you put it, when in fact ive liked green day for 11 years, just as ive liked bands like Dead Kennedys, Minor Threat, Spermbirds, Replacements, Ramones and Descendents for around the same amount of time, so i guess you got me all wrong. It also my OPINION, that you have got green day wrong and that they play the same style of melodic punk rock as the legendary Buzzcocks, especially the early albums. However, you have your opinion and i have mine, this is a forum, open for discussion ie, that is what its for.

1)greenday  say's there punk how the fuck do you catagorize yourself and  rate yourself better than the sex pistols?2)why do  you want to  no about my life and how i live?k,you have kids?,go be with them stop being a  moron and arguing with me cuz its very pointless and retarded..and sure the bands then may wanted too be as big as greenday is now ,but wat a fuckin generation this is now and theres was then and bruno fuck u i know where u sleep at night so shut the fuck up.

sense you make no :P

Look, you slagged green day down and im sticking up for them, everyone here knows i am their official sponsor :P

I only raised the 'other' points in response to your arguement.

You were the first one to throw insults about.

I told you about my life because you made the assumption i was 'some little boy' who liked 'mall punk' as you put it, when in fact ive liked green day for 11 years, just as ive liked bands like Dead Kennedys, Minor Threat, Spermbirds, Replacements, Ramones and Descendents for around the same amount of time, so i guess you got me all wrong. It also my OPINION, that you have got green day wrong and that they play the same style of melodic punk rock as the legendary Buzzcocks, especially the early albums. However, you have your opinion and i have mine, this is a forum, open for discussion ie, that is what its for.

dude stop talking to me .........i dont care about u or ur life so shut up now