There's no such thing as bad publicity!

gnrafd87

These are the wise words of someone who knew what the hell they were talking about!

I know what's going on with all the controversy and chaos and to tell you the truth, I feel really sorry for the few sane people at the Philly concert who payed their dues to get to see GNR on that fateful night.  

So what are people doing now?  Theyre going right after Axl like ruthless vultures attacking him from all corners.  Fortunately, the more of this there is, the better it is and I'll explain why.  

The legendary axl has a very interesting reputation with the public eye and is one that is very much disrespected and flawed but nonetheless, attractive.  "axl is not a nice man" people say.  "He is a trouble maker, a bad boy, a maniac, a rock and roll legend".  That he is ladies and gentlemen, and this publicity will only affirm his position as the most controversial rock star in history, even at a time and age when music doesnt seem to have as much "attitude" than it has before.  I only hope this news becomes broadcasted in more places so people can see that Axl is back with a vengeance.   But dont get me wrong, Im sure it wasnt intentional and I really dont blame axl for any of it because shit happens, but cuz the media keeps turning things around, why not just flow with it and build up axl's popular rep?  Jeez, ppl these days think Eminem is a bad boy.  Get ready for someone who has the pure badass blood in his system.  

As for the Chinese Democracy doubters who dont think its gonna come out, come on, youre just letting your personal feelings get in the way of your cognitive process (thinking).  The album will come out sooner now than later and although it will still take some more time, we all know that we're gonna rush to the store to buy it when it comes out despite some of our negative feelings towards axl.  Afterall, everyone who is on a GNR forum is a GNR fan and while some people hold stiff grudges against Mr. Rose, you all hope hes gonna get his shit together soon and that the delay is why you dont appreciate him right now.  

Through it all, I really think this is what GNR needs because lets face it, they are a BADASS band who is supposed to pull crap like this to attain media attention.  I know some ppl are going to fight me on this (or maybe not) but I really do think it holds true and that true GNR fans will always stay beside the band through all the crap.  Even people who are spreading bad news about axl are supporting them because they are feeding the social institution that we all know as the internet.  So if you really hate GNR in the longrun, you better stop posting on the net not for your sake, but for the sake that GNR doesnt become a new age rock and roll monster of a machine that will captivate the world.  If you are a short-term GNR hater who dislikes the actions of the bad man but deep inside loves the band to death, keep posting cuz a forum needs controversy to stay alive.  And lastly, for all you GNR-forever freaks who love them to death no matter what they do, keep doing your thing cuz I'll be doing the same.  

Peace out to all!

Well, I agree that the publicity following the Vancouver riot didn't hurt the band at all -- in fact, GNR made headlines around the world.

However, Philly is different. Stadium managers are scared -- they're pulling out, and if Clear Channel scraps the whole tour, then we won't see the band anytime soon, and all the publicity in the world means nothing.

I don't think Axl is that Stupid and haven't thought of those consequences,i don't think either that it's all part of the marketing plan,that would be suicidal but i guess we'll just have to wait and observe this thing from an impartial point of view and see the effect on a long term period.Everything until now has been so perfect in term of marketing and building up anticipation for the new project that it would be just sad to see this THING that i enjoyed watching grow over the years dying right now.I don't think it will die though,it's all part of the process.

I'm with you CIVILIANS, I never thought it was a marketing plan to begin with but the media is accusing Axl of everything imagineable.  The riots and cancellations werent planned and its just ludicrous to believe that it would be.  But the fact that there is controversy is almost exciting and the fact that it involves Axl Rose leaves a bigger imprint because he is notorious with incidents like these.  I hope nothing else goes wrong with the tour and I wish Axl the best of luck because I'm behind him.  As far as career suicidal, Axl has worked too hard to purposely pull any crap.  He's gonna get his masterpiece record out into the 21st century jungle and re-establish his place on top of the music mountain (I hope).  Only time will tell but until then, all we need is just a little patience.

These are the wise words of someone who knew what the hell they were talking about!

I know what's going on with all the controversy and chaos and to tell you the truth, I feel really sorry for the few sane people at the Philly concert who payed their dues to get to see GNR on that fateful night.  

So what are people doing now?  Theyre going right after Axl like ruthless vultures attacking him from all corners.  Fortunately, the more of this there is, the better it is and I'll explain why.  

The legendary axl has a very interesting reputation with the public eye and is one that is very much disrespected and flawed but nonetheless, attractive.  "axl is not a nice man" people say.  "He is a trouble maker, a bad boy, a maniac, a rock and roll legend".  That he is ladies and gentlemen, and this publicity will only affirm his position as the most controversial rock star in history, even at a time and age when music doesnt seem to have as much "attitude" than it has before.  I only hope this news becomes broadcasted in more places so people can see that Axl is back with a vengeance.   But dont get me wrong, Im sure it wasnt intentional and I really dont blame axl for any of it because shit happens, but cuz the media keeps turning things around, why not just flow with it and build up axl's popular rep?  Jeez, ppl these days think Eminem is a bad boy.  Get ready for someone who has the pure badass blood in his system.  

As for the Chinese Democracy doubters who dont think its gonna come out, come on, youre just letting your personal feelings get in the way of your cognitive process (thinking).  The album will come out sooner now than later and although it will still take some more time, we all know that we're gonna rush to the store to buy it when it comes out despite some of our negative feelings towards axl.  Afterall, everyone who is on a GNR forum is a GNR fan and while some people hold stiff grudges against Mr. Rose, you all hope hes gonna get his shit together soon and that the delay is why you dont appreciate him right now.  

Through it all, I really think this is what GNR needs because lets face it, they are a BADASS band who is supposed to pull crap like this to attain media attention.  I know some ppl are going to fight me on this (or maybe not) but I really do think it holds true and that true GNR fans will always stay beside the band through all the crap.  Even people who are spreading bad news about axl are supporting them because they are feeding the social institution that we all know as the internet.  So if you really hate GNR in the longrun, you better stop posting on the net not for your sake, but for the sake that GNR doesnt become a new age rock and roll monster of a machine that will captivate the world.  If you are a short-term GNR hater who dislikes the actions of the bad man but deep inside loves the band to death, keep posting cuz a forum needs controversy to stay alive.  And lastly, for all you GNR-forever freaks who love them to death no matter what they do, keep doing your thing cuz I'll be doing the same.  

Peace out to all!

damn....now this is a fan, i allready like this guy

can you come over at gnrx.com  and shell some lite  to thos  new fans at that board, they are all over axl there

bashing to hell out of him. this new fans dont know hwo axl rose  was/ and is

long live "the project"

Axl will be begging to join.  I love the original band, and I used to love Axl, but for what he has done by putting these f@gs out on the road and further what he has done by canceling shows, I think he is a piece of sh@t.  The project should move on without him.  I am hearing the band will be called The Guns (cool in my view) and the tour will be tittle, The Fu@k Axl Tour (really nice in my opinion).