Good NIN

Spike Killer

I recently dl'ed the new video for the NIN song, The Hand that Feeds, and I think the song is great. I never paid attention to NIN before, so, whats a good album by them. I mean a really good album, if they have one. Whenever I try to look out their albums at Best Buy, I have no idea what I should buy.

I'll probably buy their new album.

Edited by Spike Killer

My World...

Damnit, I just read the title. I figured since this is a non-GNR area, it would be acceptable.

DONT FUCKING POST IF YOUR NOT GONNA CONTRIBUTE TO THE THREAD

Its really annoying when people post, and all they say is what forum they think it should be in.

**Edit**

Can anyone recommend an older album of theirs, so I can sink my teeth into it.

Edited by Spike Killer

"Pretty Hate Machine" and "The Downward Spiral" are awesome.

All of NIN's stuff is good -- but if you haven't listened to them before, then I'd recommend those two albums first. Then - after that - "The Fragile." Oh - and their live album - "And All That Could Have Been"- is the best live album I've ever heard from any band. jmo.

I'd go with Pretty Hate Machine first time out, or maybe the Broken EP, the others a bit bizzare if you're just getting into the band from that track.

The rest of With Teeth sounds awsome though, I saw them at the Astoria twice the other week, absolutely phenominal. They played about 7 new tracks (although they didn't introduce them, so you weren't too sure which was which) and they were all quality stuff. Much harder than the majority of The Fragile, and they seemed slightly more stripped down than previous NIN stuff (although we all know live isn't really the best place to try and really listen to a new track). They played a new version of Closer too, where they splice Sin into the middle of it at the part where Trent whispers the lyrics, before going back to finish Closer. Amazing stuff. B)

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll definatly check it out when I get the time.

If you haven't already, get The Downward Spiral. One of the most depressing, worrying, angst-ridden journeys you'll ever undertake in your life.

The new album - With Teeth - will be out on May 3. But the whole album has leaked onto the internet (*poor Trent :( ) if you want to check it out. If you do download it first, I hope you still buy it though. It rocks.

Is it good? I have heard mixed reviews on it.

Is it parental advisory, if not, I will buy it at Wal-Mart.

I dont download music anymore.

The new album - With Teeth - will be out on May 3. But the whole album has leaked onto the internet (*poor Trent :( ) if you want to check it out. If you do download it first, I hope you still buy it though. It rocks.

I always wonder how albums get leaked....

I have decided to buy it and not listen to any of the leaked stuff.... its just supporting the person who stole it.

Ive heard it and i still think they did nothin worthy after 'Downward Spiral'.

uhhh... hmm... this sounds pretty dance oriented... i don't know. i can't help but like the song. i hope not every song is like this though.

and also, maybe it's just me but i really, really like 'the fragile' a lot. i think it's their "thickest" album with layers and textures.

• 2 weeks later...

I love NIN, so i think all their albums are amazing. If you are just getting into them i recommend The Downward Spiral first.

I was reading the review for With Teeth in NME last week, and although they gave it an ok review, especially for an indie magazine, i was still annoyed at the article.

At the bottom of the page, they ahd all the albums that NIN have made, and they had said that The Fragile was a waste of time, saying that it was just a load of odd noise, and was crap.

Now i know there are instrumentals on it, and i think they are awesome, and there are also some really good riffs on the album. Its true that during the making of th ealbum, Trent was under alot of pressure and had drink problems, but the album didn't deserve the knocking it got.

Nine Inch Nails have long been my second favorite band next to GNR, but I'm starting to realize something with Trent and his direction with NIN. He really hasn't progressed all that much in the past 10 years. What the hell does he have to be so angry about after all these years, he's a millionaire with just as many followers that adore him. I bought With Teeth on Saturday, Record Exchange usually gets new releases on Friday evening and sells them a couple of days early, but I must say I am let down with that album. Reznor hasn't progressed his sound too much from The Fragile and that was six years ago. Hell it doesn't even degress too far from The Downward Spiral and that was eleven years ago. I like bands that progress their sound and Reznor isn't doing that great of a job with that. So with that said I'll rate their cds and start off where you want.

Pretty Hate Machine - 9.5/10

Broken - 10/10

Downward Spiral - 9/10

The Fragile - 8/10

With Teeth - 7/10

Not that this bears anything but I'll even rate GNRs cds so you can see my scale of reviews.

Appetite - 10/10

Lies 7.5/10

Use Your Illusion I - 9.5/10

Use Your Illusion II - 10/10

Spaghetti Incident - 8/10

Edited by Use Your Illusion 05

I listened to "With Teeth" last night for a cd listening party, and what I listened to I really liked. I'm still in the process of getting the albums. I have "Broken" and that album is awesome. I can tell I am going to love anything Trent makes just by listening to that one cd. And I can't wait to go shopping this week so I can get all the cds. :D