WHOLE TOUR CANCELLED?????????

Carne_asaDA

From GNRX

Don't kill the mesenger. Here is how I found out. I have a friend who knows someone on the production crew. The crew guy called my friend and said the promter (CC) cancelled the show because Axl was not there. The crew dude then told my friend the entire tour is over and he'll be back home tomorrow.  

I swear this is the truth. You guys are pissed off enough, I have no reason to send you over the edge.  

And if you have seen my lasts posts re: pollstar results, it make perfect sence as far as a business decision.

A- First show cancelled = Est. loss $500K

B- Low sales on most shows - Est. loss $300K

C- Philly cancelled = est. lost $500k

on future shows

E- See A through D

Sorry to all those who missed this show. Be sure to get the video going around of this tour. The show is great.

On a side note - THANK YOU GOD for letting me see the 1st official return show in House of BLues Vegas on 1.1.01. This was the best GnR show ever.

Everyone know there is video fo this show filmed by the japanes crew. We should make it a mission to get this into the fan's hands. Any one have any luck with this?  

Well actually there was quite a bit of talk after the Vancouver riot that Clear Channel wasn't too happy and was re-thinking its commitment. So, I wouldn't be completely shocked if they pulled the plug after this incident. We'll just have to wait and see.

Clear Channel can blow me.  They don't promote these guys for s-it and wonder why they're losing money  ::)

Well put yourself in CC's shoes. Why would you want to spend much money on promoting a band that have not proved their worthiness?? They have not been heard from in 10 years. It is not the same band. It would be taking a big risk.  

Actually, I think it comes down to liability. I think CC doesn't want to have to pick up the tab for all the damage, injuries and potential lawsuits coming from riots that stem from cancelled shows.  

That would probably be why they would want to drop Axl's band.

As far as promotion goes, it's the reliability and the risk factor.

dude... they cancelled the philly show for 1 of 2 reasons, i heard that there were health problems but i saw them last ngiht at the garden they seemed fine (greatest show ive ever seen btw..), the other reason i sbc the philly croud were acting like f'in animals! they broke out into total riot a 30hour after mix master mike, it started gettin routy 15 after he finished, i guess they dont realized that theres usually a 30 min to hour wait  b4 the main act comes on, n if u were axl n your audience was booin, callin u an ahole n throwin stuff would u go out n perform?

I know I sure as hell wouldn't went on if I were any of them...and Philly is notorious for being probably the thoughest crowd in the country.  There was a time at a football game a few years back when they had a Santa Clause dude and all come out during halftime...and they all booed f-cking Santa Clause...heh...only Philly...f-ckers

Well if they do cancel, a lot of questions will be answered.

1.) Will GNR ever go on tour again? Nope, not after a whole tour was cancelled.

2.) Will Chinese Democracy come out? Nope, not after 2/3s of a tour is cancelled, and about 250,000 fans nationwide who have tickets are vying for Axls throat.

First of all, lets wait for the facts. If someone was Ill, they could have said something though. And if they were concerned about coming out becasue of the fans, they could have 1) come out earlier, like the garden. 2) someone make an announcement that "hey calm the fuck down and stop throwing stuff, or they are not coming out".

In any event, there is no condoning getting fucking violent and throwing shit and hurting people just there to rock. Major thumbs down to the Philly assholes who were doing that. I'm sure it's a minority group of them who make all the other legitimate Philly rockers look bad. Thats a shame. Stay the fuck home, assholes. Or better yet, do us a favor and go to a Creed concert.

Come on Axl, make it easier for us. We're trying hard to hang in there!!!

If Axl and his band can`t give what they are good for than they won`t give a semi-good show for all those money the people payed for the concert.. Now they got CKY and Mix Master Mike for nothing.. Waste of time?? yeayea.. :)

The tour hasnt been selling bad.. Even London in Canada(I think), was sold out..