I figured out this board

jimgnr

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, good you have nothing worth a damn to say anyway   ;D  in the 80's there wasn't a corner on the street you didn't see someone with cardboard breakdancing.. now you don't see jack  duh  ::)  breakdancing is NOT mainstream these days.. it's small, underground.. you are so silly   ::)

Ain't that the truth?   How long have we been in the trenches together, Mark?

Hmm...since...wait, I joined here in February of this year...it'll be ten months in three or four days.  Well, unless you count the blueboard days.  I was on the blueboard starting in, like, 1999.  And from what I can remember, LW was there the whole time I was, probably way before I was.  Seems a hell of a lot longer than that though  ;D

And I'm willing to bet money that Jim has a mullet or did at one time  ;D (kidding)...but he probably does  :P

Exactly dumbas*, just like everything else the rest of the world is about 12 yeard behind the US.   ::)  I could care less... I am talking about America duh, the rest of the world is always catching up.   ;)

yeah! of course the rest of the world is "catching up"

F*uck Off!

Get over yourself....

Ending of this story  :

"And Jimgnr drives off in is 1985 primer camaro, with his half t-shirt and his mullet... In search of that one message board dedicated to true GnR fans, that are all stuck in 1987, where all it's members have mullets and and 1985 primer camero's.  Where they dare not speak of the new GnR in fear they will have to cut off their mullets, and pierce their right ears.. Since you are gay if you do so. (1985 ear piercing rules).  The only movies you are allowed to talk about on this dream message board he seeks are, 'Top Gun'  'The Breakfast Club'  and 'The Lost Boys'   Every member must own a 'Pet Rock' .. Also, they still laugh at the "Where's the Beef" and the "I've fallen and I can't get up"  Commercials.  You will be allowed to play with Transformers, but don't dare mention the new "Beastwars Transformers".  He-Man is also allowed to be viewed.  Alf for President!

-The End  

It is funny how wrong you have me.  I am a generally well off guy living in New York City.  I drive German cars, pay an extremely high rent for a 1,000 sq foot apartment (which I find as rude but what can I do).  All things considered I am the opposite of your outline of me.

With that useless stuff said, I thought this was a GNR board not an Axl project board.  I have no problem with you guys loving this new band, but it is not GNR.  They play someone elses songs, period.  You have no agrument to counter that point.  I think you guys are the ones holding on to the past because you are allowing a group of average musicians to get together and play covers of a great band, then you turn around and say GNR is back and rock is be revolutionized again......like it is 86 or something.  This band will change nothing about the current lame rock scene.

It was hard to be so close to MSG (I live about 2 minutes away) last night and not go to the show, hey I love those songs to.  But I held my ground, and boycotted the show.

One more thing about the mullet, I have never had one and in fact I don't even know anyone that had one.  Yet I am not really here to make fun of how rockers looked or what they did in the 80's.  GNR music was so good because it touched so many people in different ways.  The new band has no shot at doing that.

I have no problem with you guys loving this new band, but it is not GNR.  They play someone elses songs, period.  You have no agrument to counter that point.  I think you guys are

Someone else's songs?

What's wrong  with you dude,

those are Axl's songs, and Axl is singing them, just because the old band decided to sell Axl the rights to perform them and use the GNR name while they wasted away in substance abuse,

what part of that dont you understand.....the creativity was over, drugs took over.

Axl had the patience, willpower, and foresight to regroup, and put together a very tight band to bring back out when he thought the time was right.

He is not going to live on old Gunner songs, trust him,

new stuff is right around the corner....

But wouldnt you like to go to a concert and hear an old gunner tune or two for years to come...

Slash, Duff, & Matt chose to butt heads with their meal ticket....And will forever pay the price stuck in mediocrity.

With people like you cheering for what "could have been"........

Again stuck in "mediocrity" is that to say that all the old stuff is mediocre?Axl didn't write the guitar parts so you can't chalk that up to his omnipotent being. Like Slash and Duff and Izzy.. they were mediocre then? At best what split GNR was the philosophy of what the sound should be. Even Axl didn't really know what that was but he knew that it had to move... Read his quotes.. He originally wanted to do a AFD type album...but the "scene" was already grunging it up. Thats when he decided to change the whole thing.What Slashes and the rest of the guys solo albums suffered from was lack of production. No they weren't trying to sell stadiums out or capitalize on GNR's trademark. To those guys they see rock and roll as something as raw... throw it out there- dont over think it material. For some it works. Remember that those albums also came out when rock was being lowered into a silent cold grave. mealticket? I think they played Axls game as long as they could.

Ending of this story  :

"And Jimgnr drives off in is 1985 primer camaro, with his half t-shirt and his mullet... In search of that one message board dedicated to true GnR fans, that are all stuck in 1987, where all it's members have mullets and and 1985 primer camero's.  Where they dare not speak of the new GnR in fear they will have to cut off their mullets, and pierce their right ears.. Since you are gay if you do so. (1985 ear piercing rules).  The only movies you are allowed to talk about on this dream message board he seeks are, 'Top Gun'  'The Breakfast Club'  and 'The Lost Boys'   Every member must own a 'Pet Rock' .. Also, they still laugh at the "Where's the Beef" and the "I've fallen and I can't get up"  Commercials.  You will be allowed to play with Transformers, but don't dare mention the new "Beastwars Transformers".  He-Man is also allowed to be viewed.  Alf for President!

-The End  

Love your insight Mr. Sparkle.  :D ;D

It was hard to be so close to MSG (I live about 2 minutes away) last night and not go to the show, hey I love those songs to.  But I held my ground, and boycotted the show.

And I'll bet Axl is just heartbroken over it. I can hear him asking -- Where is Jimmy? Why didn't he come?  ::)

Someone else's songs?

What's wrong  with you dude,

those are Axl's songs, and Axl is singing them, just because the old band decided to sell Axl the rights to perform them and use the GNR name while they wasted away in substance abuse,

what part of that dont you understand.....the creativity was over, drugs took over.

Axl had the patience, willpower, and foresight to regroup, and put together a very tight band to bring back out when he thought the time was right.

He is not going to live on old Gunner songs, trust him,

new stuff is right around the corner....

But wouldnt you like to go to a concert and hear an old gunner tune or two for years to come...

Slash, Duff, & Matt chose to butt heads with their meal ticket....And will forever pay the price stuck in mediocrity.

With people like you cheering for what "could have been"........

Shades!  I'm impressed.  :)

There's hope for you yet.

Not that it really matters, or that it has sth. to do with GNR, but what is it whith this "pet rock" joke? I first saw this in an episode of "Family Guy", that fat dad has a pet rock, that always wets the floor? I don't get the joke. Maybe it's because I am not American?

It has occured to me that I will change nobody's mind on this board.  You all think this new cover band in the real GNR.  People are accusing me of posting stale arguments, you people believe this is not even an issue.  A few of this site agree with me, but most don't.  It took me a while to figure out why, but I think I now understand it.  True GNR fans, the real group, not Axl's Pop Stars (APS) think it is not even an issue.  They stubble upon this site and try to make their opinions known.  After a day or two they realize they are wasting their time.  They cannot convince you posers that you are wrong.  You people thing GNR is back.  So the true fan wastes a few days and then realizes this is not a GNR site, it is a APS site.  The true fan eventually leaves, then the site is left with all APS fans.  Now it gets interesting.  I see that most strings get a max of 1500 views, this means APS has less then 1500 die hard fans...............food for thought.

bla bla bla