I figured out this board

jimgnr

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that it really matters, or that it has sth. to do with GNR, but what is it whith this "pet rock" joke? I first saw this in an episode of "Family Guy", that fat dad has a pet rock, that always wets the floor? I don't get the joke. Maybe it's because I am not American?

Pet Rock was a fad in the 80's in America.  The inventor made a fortune making a foam rock, and selling it as the "Pet Rock" ... was funny 80's fad. lol  

Someone else's songs?

What's wrong  with you dude,

those are Axl's songs, and Axl is singing them, just because the old band decided to sell Axl the rights to perform them and use the GNR name while they wasted away in substance abuse,

what part of that dont you understand.....the creativity was over, drugs took over.

Axl had the patience, willpower, and foresight to regroup, and put together a very tight band to bring back out when he thought the time was right.

He is not going to live on old Gunner songs, trust him,

new stuff is right around the corner....

But wouldnt you like to go to a concert and hear an old gunner tune or two for years to come...

Slash, Duff, & Matt chose to butt heads with their meal ticket....And will forever pay the price stuck in mediocrity.

With people like you cheering for what "could have been"........

Ok, i would like to point out a few errors in this..

Firstly, slash and the band has been clean since GNR ' Lies and only adler is a bit iffy on that one....

Secondly, the thing that people have against axl, is that what he is doing is kinda a bit unethical.. I mean if he wants to make a new band then fine, but to keep the GNR name??? Well thats the real issue here...

Thirdly, i think that this band needs our support, and i am willing to give it to them, but wouldn't it make everyone a lot happier if they changed the name of the band?? I mean thats what Jimgnr is basically saying..

I give this band support, and dont mock it or whatever, so i want to make my support clear, however i think it needs to be aknowledged that some people have the right not to be infatuated by what axl has done with the band (i.e. using the GNR name etc)........

For the rest of us, we can get on with it and enjoy the music, but you cant say that other people are "wrong" in thinking what they are thinking...