MSG not sold out!!!!

Carne_asaDA

I am reading a post from someone from another board who is talking on the phone with someone who is a the concert in NYC. He is saying that the show was not sold out after all. They were selling tickets at the show.

Oh sh*t, if this is true, then Axl will get roasted by the press tomorrow too.

I think, technically, it DID sell out. Maybe people stayed home because of the snow & weather?

Probably many who bought tickets were from CT and NJ. The roads are still pretty slick here in NJ,  though I'm not sure if the transit lines are running or not.

Will have to wait and see what the deal is.

They were saying that there is a lot of media there on the Velvet rope. And people on the Velvet rope saying that this was not even close to selling out. But the person who is at the show said that it is "pretty full'' in there. Also that Axl started at 9:55. Pretty early.

They wouldn't lie about it selling out, d ick cheese...it's called SNOW...makes the roads pretttttttty slick...and people who bought tickets are not all from New York City...duh

I read it...here, I'll do it again just to please you...ok...

What I am saying is the empty seats are probably almost all from people not going because of the snowstorm up here in the northeast (nine inches where I am...roads are all pretty s-itty)...AND, like Mr_Sparkle said, they always hold tickets for the date of the show to sell at the box office...every ticket that was available other than those tickets saved for the box office were snatched up...but a lot of those people couldn't make it...whoa...I confused myself...f-ck it, put two and two together yourself

I will help you to explain it. those people who bought the tickets to be picked up at will call have those tickets waiting there at the box office. If for some reason those people do not pick up those tickets by a specific time they are released for the general walk up public to purchase. On top of this they have tickets that they save for the band or management etc. that they also release should those not be claimed.  hope this clears it up. :)

Don't accuse me of saying this. I am just spreading the news from one board to another. Being that this show is "suppose" to be important as rumor has it.

I think it is just another show. just with more publicity and more attendence then previous shows. :-/

They wouldn't lie about it selling out, d ick cheese...it's called SNOW...makes the roads pretttttttty slick...and people who bought tickets are not all from New York City...duh

Not sure about the sell out yet, I am checking on it BUT the snow in NYC was over and gone by 7pm, way before the show.  Second most people from CT and NJ arrive at the Garden via trains which were running fine.  The weather was not a problem.  I live 2 minutes away from MSG.

I will be thrilled if the show was not sold out, I know I have a ton of offers for tickets which I turned down.  If you could not find tickets you have no network.

Everyone who has any sense at all knows they ALWAYS hold tickets for day of show sale.. duh.  Some people on this site just don't have a clue about life.. lmao   ::)

WHAT, you are a stupid fu*k aren't you.  They never hold seats at MSG, the biggest rock stage in the world, for sale the day of the show.  Do you know where NYC even is?

I will help you to explain it. those people who bought the tickets to be picked up at will call have those tickets waiting there at the box office. If for some reason those people do not pick up those tickets by a specific time they are released for the general walk up public to purchase. On top of this they have tickets that they save for the band or management etc. that they also release should those not be claimed.  hope this clears it up. :)

This is another opinion which is wrong and incorrect, again it should not be respected.....part of my ongoing theme.  They never sell will call tickets, ever.  They are owned by someone irregardless of if they are used.  If the box office was openned Axl is in trouble.

Ok.. I think your opinion is wrong and I don`t respect it so fuck you!  :P

You are aware that if people use this as a rule this board would nothing but bashing?

If there are two opinions then who get to choose what opinion people should have?  :P

Ticketmaster was selling tickets to the MSG show (good seats (highest priced) in Loge section--first level up from the floor) ALL DAY on Dec. 4, the day before the show.  I missed out the first time tickets went on sale (and "sold out") but just happened to check the day before and lucked out!  :-*  

So it wasn't just "will call" seats being released on the day of the show.  They definitely held back some seats during the first sale -- maybe so they could say they sold out, but maybe that is just standard practice for all bands.