Better Illusion Album

Duffan

Just to eleaborate on the previous thread I wanted to get fellow gunners opinons on which Illusion album is better I was on amazon and they seemed to like 1 better , I also have to admit I like 1 better as a whole even though my fav Illusion songs are on 2 ( CW , Breakdown , 14yrs , Loco )  , which seems strange but I think that 1's songs flow together better in the album than 2 and 1 seems to rock harder IMO  ;) , and that's what I like . Your thoughts   ;D

Peace GnR  Nation  8)

Tough choice.

But I'd also have to go with UYI-1.  Dead Horse, Coma, Don't D*mn Me, November Rain, Bad Obsession, Don't Cry ...

I don't know how some people consider those "fillers."  But I guess everyone has different tastes and different songs that offer meaning to them.

Still, I have to admit some of my favorites are on UYI-2 -- like Estranged and Locomotive.  :)

I prefer UYI 1 altho some of my fave gnr songs are on UYI 2 ie: UCBM, So Fine, Locomotive

but then again there are more songs that i like on UYI 1 ie: Don't Cry, Back Off Bitch, Coma and Double talkin Jive (awesome guitar work)

If I could only own 1 cd it would be illusion #2.

my 2 fav songs are estranged and you could be mine so it's a no-brainer to pick #2. You also get civil war, yesterdays, don't cry(alt. version), 14 years. The only way you can beat this disc is with a guns greatest hits.

Not a tough choice for me! 2! 2! 2! 2!

I grew up with this album. When I first bought it, I listened to it several hours a day. Other reasons:

Locomotive

Estranged

Pretty tied up

Yesterdays

Knockin on heavens door

Ah what the,... I could name all of them, they are fantastic!!!, well, without Shotgun Blues and Get in the Ring, that is.

They are just OK  ::) ::)  for GNR statused songs  ;D

I'm curious on what some of you guys consider the fillers on UYI 1 , cause on 2 they are a little easier to pick out ( GITR ,SB , My World ) but what are the ones on 1 personally I think all the songs are pretty solid which is why I said that I thought UYI 1 was better , anyway what are your fillers  ::)

Peace GnR Nation  8)

Right Next Door To Hell

You Ain't The First

Don't Damn Me

I find those 3 i could live without..

Are you serious Sparkle?  :o

Don't D*mn Me is one of my favorite tracks. The lyrics are incredible. They speak volumes about Axl's thoughts and feelings about being a writer and being in the spotlight.

And it's so easy to relate to the words in so many ways.

". We take for granted we know the whole story

We judge a book by its cover

And read what we want

Between selected lines ..."

Or this one ..

"I've been where I have been

And I've seen what I have seen

I put the pen to the paper

'Cause it's all a part of me..."  

Anyone who writes can relate to that.

As for "Right Next Door To Hell" -- this is just a kick-a*s rock n roll song. I can't believe you consider it 'filler.'

However, I have to admit I often skip over "You Ain't the First."  It's not a bad song, it just doesn't do anything for me.

To tell the truth, my opinion changes everytime I listen to one of the Illusion albums, I think both are classics and are vastly overlooked/underrated.  I most recently listened to Use Your Illusion 2, so that one's my favorite right now, it just has so many songs that give me chills to hear (Estranged, Yesterdays, You Could Be Mine, Civil War, Locomotive, pretty much every song but Get in the Ring, My World, Shotgun Blues and Breakdown).  So 2 is my favorite as of now, but next time I listen to 1 my mind will probably change, especially once I hear Coma, Live and Let Die, Don't Damn Me...jeez,  my mind is starting to change just listing the songs.

Are you serious Sparkle?  :o

Don't D*mn Me is one of my favorite tracks. The lyrics are incredible. They speak volumes about Axl's thoughts and feelings about being a writer and being in the spotlight.

And it's so easy to relate to the words in so many ways.

". We take for granted we know the whole story

We judge a book by its cover

And read what we want

Between selected lines ..."

Or this one ..

"I've been where I have been

And I've seen what I have seen

I put the pen to the paper

'Cause it's all a part of me..."  

Anyone who writes can relate to that.

As for "Right Next Door To Hell" -- this is just a kick-a*s rock n roll song. I can't believe you consider it 'filler.'

However, I have to admit I often skip over "You Ain't the First."  It's not a bad song, it just doesn't do anything for me.

The lyrics are great, it's just the generic guitar playing on those songs bore me... dunno just don't do it for me.

pretty much every song but Get in the Ring, My World, Shotgun Blues and Breakdown

Manstis , You don't like Breakdown that's one of my GNR favorites why don't you like it ( How even in the GnR Nation opinons are so varied  ;) . I'll have to agree that I tend to skip over You ain't the First  alot but I love the harmony and laid back feel that it has , just listen to Duff and Matt ( I think ) at the end , that's cool and besides it's a good intro to Bad obssesion . And even though it's a good song with great lyrics I'll admit i don't listen to Dead Horse a lot , but these are just songs that I tend to skip I don't feel they are filler by any means .

Peace GnR Nation  8)

UYI 2, hands down - goes in a bunch of different directions and I like that.  It goes from stuff like 'Civil War,' to stuff like 'Shotgun Blues,' to stuff like 'Breakdown,' to stuff like 'You Could Be Mine,' and then goes off into a place called 'My World'  ;D  Love it.  UYI 1 is great, don't get me wrong, but UYI 2 is a better album overall.