best gnr lineup

thaman

i think that the best lineup today would be axl, slash(lead guitars) buckethead(lead guitars) gilby clake(rhythm guitars) tommy stinison(bass) brain(drums) dizzy reed(synth). i wouldnt put duff and dizzy here they look too old i think they lost it

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl  ::)

Tommy

Lots of guitarists.. Cant make my mind up.. Defintly Izzy before Gilby though..

Brain

Dizzy, I don`t know how useful Pittman is but since he is in the band he is probaly good so I will take him too.. :)

...  i wouldnt put duff and dizzy here they look too old i think they lost it

Another one with a fixation (obsession?) about age.  ::)

Since when does age have anything to do with making great music? Ever hear of Aerosmith, the Stones, or even Bon Jovi?  All are older than any of the guys in GNR and they're still out there rocking and packing in the crowds.

As for Dizzy, I can only assume you haven't seen pics of him lately.  Honestly, he looks better today than he did in GNR's heyday. It's strange ..

And how can all of you ignore Duff? His attitude and stage presence were key in the original lineup.

My ideal lineup would be Axl (of course), Slash, Duff, Steven (if possible. If not, then Matt), Dizzy, and Gilby (or Richard).  Izzy never much liked performing at big shows, but it would be great if he could still be part of the song-writing process.  

Maybe I'll change my mind after seeing the new lineup play together live (on Dec. 5). To date, I've only see vids and that's not the same.

As for Dizzy, I can only assume you haven't seen pics of him lately.  Honestly, he looks better today than he did in GNR's heyday. It's strange

Good diet, lots of exercise, light beer ;), It's not so strange :)

actally the best lineup for gnr would be the original one the have done the most for the band, matt and robin i dont like that they are from other bands they can always come back to them and leave gnr, not matt anymore but robin can leave anytime

I find it strange that some people can claim they think the new lineup is better than the original one -- when we haven't even heard the new band's album.

And it was the original lineup's music that made everyone -- not just some -- but everyone here tune into GNR. We wouldn't be at this forum discussing the band if not for the original guys and the incredible music they made.

Maybe in time, after the new band has released an album or two and they've completed a world tour -- perhaps we will all think the new lineup is better. Who knows. But making that judgment even before we've heard the album, seems premature. Just my opinion.

the new band problem is songwriting axl has probably writenn 95% of the songs and the old band was much more original, buckethead has gone too far with his look he wanted to be the new slash in the band but i think that wearing a bucket and a mask on his head is too much, and duff and izzy i dont know if they have lost it (i just assumed that) but they do look bad comparing to slash, axl and dizzy

the new band problem is songwriting axl has probably writenn 95% of the songs and the old band was much more original, buckethead has gone too far with his look he wanted to be the new slash in the band but i think that wearing a bucket and a mask on his head is too much, and duff and izzy i dont know if they have lost it (i just assumed that) but they do look bad comparing to slash, axl and dizzy

Don't forget your walking cane when you leave the old folks home...    ;D

you know what ? if the old line up was  to play together today, they will be like, watching  the    Todays  Rolling  Stones on stage

avryone  will be like, give it up allready please

it was fun and hard rock  12 years  ago, but now it is 2002

there is a harder sound out there now days, that can bit  old GNR line up  to death

I think the new band is the best line up if you havent seen them you better get tickets because they kicked major ass I was so shocked at how good they were. and all those people who say that gnr dont have a new album songs like Madagascar & The Blues are just samples and they kick ass so the other songs on the album must be great and for those who dont know the new band that i think is the best they are

Axl Rose

Robin Fink

Buckethead

Tommy Stinston

Dizzy Reed

Richard Fortus

Chris Pitman

Brain

:)

The Original cause they made it possible for everyone that followed , they were the trailblazers , but I'd throw Gilby in with those guys cause he was a great stage preformer and an extra guitar would would sound great with the original line up  ;D

Peace GnR Nation  8)

i can't believe that are many people who prefer buckehead and robin and the new ones than the old gnr ,the new gnr haven't done anything!!!!they are a cover band (until they make an album)

perfect guns n roses:

axl

slash

izzy

duff

steven(matt is fine)

dizzy

man if you think madagascar and the blues are kicking ass songs you haven't heard the uyi albums

a simple song of gnr like used to love her is better than those new songs (and i dont have to say important songs like november rain,estranged,paradise city those are hell of huge to be compared with these new songs)

As for Dizzy, I can only assume you haven't seen pics of him lately.  Honestly, he looks better today than he did in GNR's heyday. It's strange  

Yeah he does! its the hair!

As for the lineup... Ok this is mine:

axl

slash

izzy

Richard fortus (i choose him as a thrid guitarist cos i think he has got a good on stage precense)

duff

brain (i think steve has got fucked up too much with drums and i think matt is a little to tight)

Thats my pick. The best band will always be the original band but unfortunately int he case of steve drugs fucked that up...