best gnr lineup

thaman

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no he is not!! Why do people go on about sh*t they know nothing about! Richard is an amazing guitar player. why do you think so many people want him to play with them!

you know what ? if the old line up was  to play together today, they will be like, watching  the    Todays  Rolling  Stones on stage

avryone  will be like, give it up allready please

it was fun and hard rock  12 years  ago, but now it is 2002

there is a harder sound out there now days, that can bit  old GNR line up  to death

People would not say that about the Stones man. The Stones would sell out any STADIUM that you put them in. Plus they put on a helluva show in concert.  They may say that about Warrant but not the Rolling Stones.

If that was the case, then everyband should get new members as time moves on.

Buckethead is the best thing ever happened to GNR!

Brain is the best drummer they ever had.

Who needs Izzy, Matt, Slash, etc.?

Nuff said!

P.S.: You should really see them LIVE, for those of you who have NOT! Shame on you. Or better luck next time!  ::)

For the original ? for this thread, I like the original line-up, but w/ Brain as the drummer.  Regarding Richard Fortus; I went and saw the new band a week ago, and thought he (R.F.) was my favorite guitar player out of the 3 they have.  He has the best stage presence, and also plays well.  He sort of reminds me of Izzy too.  

Buckethead is the best thing ever happened to GNR!

Brain is the best drummer they ever had.

Who needs Izzy, Matt, Slash, etc.?

Nuff said!

P.S.: You should really see them LIVE, for those of you who have NOT! Shame on you. Or better luck next time!  ::)

how can you say who needs slash? he and axl were most talented in the band, if they had him today they would 10 times better

I know this is not everyones opinion, but I really think that Slash, well, he can play guitar very well, but I think he also had Luck being together with musical intellectuals like Rose, so he could play cool stuff, but other players can play them good as well, or even better, I don't need Slash if I have Buckethead (!) and Robin Finck.

For example, Robin Finck plays the wonderful intro to "Sweet child o mine" better than Slash did.

Slash never had any good solo Albums, Bucket has got tons of good solo material.

Well, so much for now. I ain't done with you non-believers yet! ;D ;D 8)

Buckethead HAS to play Slashes material...its his contractual job wether he likes it or not but Slash? Slash don't have to play any Buckethead. See as I see it, what you might have here is  a Rembrant trying to paint a  Salvidor Dali.... both are great respected artists and SHOULD STAY IN THIER OWN BACK YARDS if ya know what I mean......

You dont see Slash parading around with a Bucket on his head being afraid of girls....or being so into technique that he loses the blues bassed riffs that so many people are saying is so yesterday... that the spirit and soul and rawness is put aside. At least Slash is human.

Richard Fortus rocks. Of all the new crew he seemed the most real deal him and Tommy. THose guys ripped it apart on stage. "I wont spit on them when they walk by"

I agree w/ you about Fortus.  He seems to be the most "GNR" of the guitar trio.  I'm getting the impression that he's the least popular out of them, but I liked him the best.  I'm sure someone will pull some #### about who he's worked w/ in the past or some crap like that, but he kicked ### live, and played w/ some serious stage presence and attitude, which is what sold me on him.  Buckethead looks cool for a while, but he didn't even play that much live.  He seems too much like a side show to me.  I know he's an excellent player, but maybe a bit out of his element.  I mean, would you really want Y.Malmsteen(I don't know if I spelled it right or not) w/ a mask and bucket as the guitar player for GNR?  My point is, technical ability and speed doesn't necessarily equate to a good fit for a band.  Maybe he'll grow on me eventually after an album or something, but for now I'd be happy w/ Fortus and Finck.

I know this is not everyones opinion, but I really think that Slash, well, he can play guitar very well, but I think he also had Luck being together with musical intellectuals like Rose, so he could play cool stuff, but other players can play them good .....! ;D ;D 8)

Perhaps ...  but did you ever think that maybe Axl and Slash brought out the best in each other when they worked together, and that's why the music was so great? Individually, they may not have been able to create this incredible music.

you dont get it theres millons of guitarts who can play slash material but but slash made thet material thats why hes so special

Exactly.

We'll have to wait to hear the new album  before we know how successful the new band is at collaborating on songs and creating great music together.

For example, Robin Finck plays the wonderful intro to "Sweet child o mine" better than Slash did.

GET OUT OF IT!!

NO WAY!

It doesn't matter your preferences etc, you can have your own opinion, but i dont believe you c an have opinions on the new band becuase we dont even have an album out yet!

I mean the album will no doubt countain primiarily axl written mateiral, so the brains aspect doesn't apply to slash any more than it does to any new member.

I'm not anti-Slash!! I kinda grew up with his(?) sound in my kids room, but I like Buckethead's music more (well, exept for that techno-trash, that is.) But that has nothing to do with what I said about the intro of SCOM.

I heard Robin Finck play the intro to it 3 times (LIVE!), its technically perfect, and I  think his guitar sound is better during the intro  ??? and, it kinda seems that Finck is more enthusiastic. But i can be wrong about that, whatever.

PS: Axl is the Brain. For those of you who don't know!

this question is a joke right?   There is only one GNR line-up.  Well 1.5, I think Adler rocks but I guess he was really too wasted to remain.  The new line up is not GNR, maybe some other band, but not GNR.  A chicken bucket guy and an N'Synch guy, come on, that should be illegal.

Just for the record...I said Axl, Bucket, Robin, Richard, Tommy, Dizzy, Chris, and Brain based on live performance...they're not as sloppy as the old band  :o...but that's just me

But the best Gn'R lineup would be:

Axl Rose

Slash

Buckethead

Richard Fortus

Tommy Stinson

Brain

Dizzy Reed

this question is a joke right?   There is only one GNR line-up.  Well 1.5, I think Adler rocks but I guess he was really too wasted to remain.  The new line up is not GNR, maybe some other band, but not GNR.  A chicken bucket guy and an N'Synch guy, come on, that should be illegal.

Well, I see we have another newbie who likes to play judge, jury and hangman even before the new band has put out an album. Why not give the new band a chance and - here's a thought - actually listen to the album when it comes out BEFORE you write them off.  

Just a suggestion.  ;D

btw, if given the choice, I'm sure most of the people here would rather see the old members mend fences and get back together with Axl. But that's not happening -- at least not in the near future -- so get over it. And give the new band a chance. A new GNR with Axl as frontman is better than no GNR.