best gnr lineup

thaman

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya know , I'm always gonna be partial to the old guys ( more my style ) but I'm gettin sick of how some of the old fans won't accept that's it's GNR I know Slash , Iz , Duff ain't there and that sucks but these new dudes are good and have an Orignality to them and are EXCITED to be associated with GNR and that should be commended . Besides , Technically it IS GNR there 's no way around it ( IT's on the shirts , tickets and in the News ) so what else are you gonna call it The Axl Rose Project come on if we do that you'll have evryone at this forum givin 80 different names to the same great music and if ya like the new music then Don't be so Hard up on the Name , I didn't agree with Axl calling the new guys GNR either but ya gottta accept that because it's his decsion , So live with it , I will . ( It's the Sound that counts ) If Pizza was called @sspie it would still taste good , ) ya get that  ::)

Peace GnR Nation  8)

well thats the thing you cant really be negative for the new band becuase its all we got...

I mean sure i cant wait for the project, and that will be great, but as far as anything that was Guns N Roses this is all we have, i mean a reunion aint happening (well at least not before CD comes out) so why not be positive about the new stuff

it is a cover band, period.  Axl is in a cover band, probably a decent one.  All you can say is Axl is back, not GNR.  

So does this mean we shouldn't expect to see you at any of the GNR gigs? Or standing in line to buy the new CD when/if it eventually surfaces?

it is hard not to go, those songs will rock when performed tomorrow, but i cannot support Axl on this.  I saw them twice and that will be enough.  Though I did see Snake Pit open for AC/DC a few years ago, when Slash played Brownstone, the crowd went wild, just wild.  Best part of the show and I love AC/DC.

Nathan check out the new topic on Zeppelin....big news.

jimgnr you are crazy....

I mean would you rather have no band at all?

I mean you might not agree with what has happened to the band, but i mean its better than nothing!

How can you say that you wont buy Chinese Democracy? I mean its got a fucking awesome band (although its not slash and co its still awesome) and axl rose in it. WHat more could you want? I mean if it were a slash / duff / izzy and so on solo project, then you would buy it (or at least consider it without totally dismissing it). I mean some on, dont be ridiculous...

Having no band for the sake of history is ridiculous (with reference to your comment on led zep) i mean this new bnand wont take anything away from the old band, and i owulkd rather have the chance to hear GNR in this new form than have the old gnr take a firm place in the 1980's pop culture scene idolised by pictures of axl's teased hair and lipstick. I mean come on....

How can a band with three original mostly unreleased songs go on a world tour and play a concert almost entirely of cover songs from another band.  It makes no sense, and is so rediculious that I think people actually believe it.  It is so out of the realm of believable, it becomes believable.  Get real people, see the Zeppelin breaking news string if you cannot understand my point.  THE PEOPLE PLAYING AFD ARE NOT GNR!!!!  When the new album comes out and no one buys it the truth will come out.  Versus when the Slash project comes out and tours, Axl will be begging to get back in.  If I were the original guys I woudl tell him clearly to fu*k off and go play with his N'Synq chicken bucket pop tecno trash dj playing non girl liking band.

I have to agree here. I saw them and yes the new "gnr "is great but it lacks that intangible element. Its like the ultimate cop out to me. I have heard and performed with bar bands doing excellent covers of GnR songs and thats how it felt in Moline. Axl was great the songs were great and the visuals as far as the stage was great but it still lacked something.........Kinda like drinking a watered down Rum &Coke. YA get the taste but the flavor kinda sucks.Toward the end when everybody was jamming on Paradise City it seemed so rehearsed and cliche. LKind of like Axl said Ok fellas when we do Paradise city go out there and bang your heads..... It "rocked" mind you make no mistake about it but it was spectacular to see.But in all honesty the only believable rockers in that whole new crew were Fortus and Stinson. Buckethead remained dead and Fink with his f*cked up hairdo and girly walk seemed at best a sad hoax.  I remain optimistic as to the future though. As i said before in another thread this whole studio conglomeration of muscians is brilliant  but as a visual team they are a carnivle.

What I notice though more than anything is the desperation for decent music out here.... people will lom onto anything remotely entertaining.... This "flavor of the month" thing do ya think its not going to happen with GNR?

I find it strange that some people can claim they think the new lineup is better than the original one -- when we haven't even heard the new band's album.

And it was the original lineup's music that made everyone -- not just some -- but everyone here tune into GNR. We wouldn't be at this forum discussing the band if not for the original guys and the incredible music they made.

Maybe in time, after the new band has released an album or two and they've completed a world tour -- perhaps we will all think the new lineup is better. Who knows. But making that judgment even before we've heard the album, seems premature. Just my opinion.

Trust us on this one...

his new band musically blows away the old band,

studio stuff from old band was the original stuff so of course that is teh real deal,

but as far as live, no studio polishing sound, this new band rocks....

Get over it already...

I know jim is going all out to show that he is 100% original GNR, but I agree with him almost.   I could really do without this new band and I sometimes really want it to fail.  I know I'm gunna get bashed for this but if they could just change the name to anything but Guns N' Roses, I would probably give it a chance, because I will never give up the fact that a reunion is possible and if Axl names a completely new band GNR, then the chances of a reunion are very slim, and if by any chance the real GNR get back together in years to come, then it would be all fucked up because the original band would probably forced to play covers of songs with a CD that says Guns N' Roses on it when they didn't even write the songs on it.  I know people will say get over it and it's just a name and all that crap, but a name is an identity.  An identity is something you recognise someone for.  If someone used your name and did something you didn't do, it doesn't make sense does it??,  but I know a lot of you think alike, but I maybe stubborn, but I do know for a fact that when I play anything Guns N' Roses, especially the Tokyo vids,  that I feel fuckin' great,  it spins me right out to see everyone rockin' and having a blast, jamming to the greatest songs ever written, hearing Slash's solo's go right off, but yet so melodic that it takes you so high you just wanna fucking explode.

Then if you watch RIR or VMA's or hear any of Axl's new band, it just doesn't compare.  I am not trying to be a smartass or anything, but I just don't see anything good about it.  Honestly, it sounds terrible.  They cannot play those songs anywhere near like the originals, if you can't hear the difference then I just can't explain it.

It bores the hell out of me and they all look like a bunch of individuals, where as the real GNR look great together, like a team, like they were meant to be, but this nu crap is definetley not meant to be!

It's all very, very sad.  

Having said that I might just go watch the Tokyo videos now.YEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

you obviously havnt been to a chinese democracy show.....

Trust us on this one...

his new band musically blows away the old band,

studio stuff from old band was the original stuff so of course that is teh real deal,

but as far as live, no studio polishing sound, this new band rocks....

Get over it already...

Thank you...

I have to agree here. I saw them and yes the new "gnr "is great but it lacks that intangible element. Its like the ultimate cop out to me. I have heard and performed with bar bands doing excellent covers of GnR songs and thats how it felt in Moline. Axl was great the songs were great and the visuals as far as the stage was great but it still lacked something.........Kinda like drinking a watered down Rum &Coke. YA get the taste but the flavor kinda sucks.Toward the end when everybody was jamming on Paradise City it seemed so rehearsed and cliche. LKind of like Axl said Ok fellas when we do Paradise city go out there and bang your heads..... It "rocked" mind you make no mistake about it but it was spectacular to see.But in all honesty the only believable rockers in that whole new crew were Fortus and Stinson. Buckethead remained dead and Fink with his f*cked up hairdo and girly walk seemed at best a sad hoax.  I remain optimistic as to the future though. As i said before in another thread this whole studio conglomeration of muscians is brilliant  but as a visual team they are a carnivle.

What I notice though more than anything is the desperation for decent music out here.... people will lom onto anything remotely entertaining.... This "flavor of the month" thing do ya think its not going to happen with GNR?

anybody that went to one of these new shows,

and was paying attention, can not in reality say that this band is anything but a kick ass band.

Sure they are playing old gunners tunes, but thats because the fans want to hear it, and you better enjoy listening to them, because Axl has stated that he has a lot of new stuff and eventually you will only get 2 or 3 old ones played at each show once his new stuff has been released.

Then it will truly be a "new" band.

Axl is not assembling a "tribute" band... to play old UYI and Apetite tunes...

He's just introducing the sound to a new fan base....

This new band rocks....

You got to give them that....

Shades - you are clueless, the new bad performing someone elses original material is better?  What are you smoking?  That statement makes not sense.  Enjoy your pop band, but please don't claim to be a GNR fan, people will laugh at you.  I hope I meet you some of you people one day, telling me you saw GNR in 2002, I will laugh in your face.

jim you have no fuckin clue.  Man just go over to GNRX.  please do.  i'm begging.  And claim that those guys aren't fans because they support the new GNR.  please.  The new band kicks major ass.  They might not have the energy the old band had, but maybe that is a good thing.  The old band had too much energy and that's what killed them after all.  Like a ticking time bomb.  So that is a good thing.  And its pretty bad when you can say you hate axl's new band without going to a show and you can totally be excited about THe Project.  Just because of a name.  EAD indeed.

G-Face

Shades - you are clueless, the new bad performing someone elses original material is better?  What are you smoking?  That statement makes not sense.  Enjoy your pop band, but please don't claim to be a GNR fan, people will laugh at you.  I hope I meet you some of you people one day, telling me you saw GNR in 2002, I will laugh in your face.

good way to get a free nose job dude.

This band sounds better than the old band did live.

Its a fact, Ive been to both.

Thats my opinion, and although I respect yours also,

you may want to refrain from laughin in my face should our paths ever cross.

Shades - one more thing, I don't respect your opinion because it is wrong.  It is like respecting Osama's opinion, he is wrong so I don't respect it.  There is too much respecting of silly opinions in the world today.

We will enjoy GNR music.  Hey at least we aren't hating   Dude goto GNRX  

G-Face  

Posted by: jimgnr

Stop trying to make him go to GNRX. Why don't you bring your @ss to a general rock forum where it is fair grounds.

I know for sure all you Original line up bashers, Axl d1ck lovers, online bodyguards will get roasted the hell out of there.