best gnr lineup

thaman

I don't have to be PRESENT at the concert to know that this band sucks live. I'd rather listen to a bootleg that is straight from the (soundboard) to make my judgements.

Where i can listen to it clearly and not 1000's of watts blasting into my ears and crowd noise and be overwhelmed by pyrotechnics. This band will never be as good as the original band playing live. As far as an album, we don't know yet. But the new band has some huge shoes to fill. Either way, they will NEVER be Guns N Roses as far as I am concerned.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shades - one more thing, I don't respect your opinion because it is wrong.  It is like respecting Osama's opinion, he is wrong so I don't respect it.  There is too much respecting of silly opinions in the world today.

respecting my opinion and respecting osama's is a little different dont you think?

I mean, Im not spreading hate here, I am as big a gunner's fan as they come, but the reality is, The old band will never be again.

Thanks to substance abuse.

So Axl slooooowly gathered his new band, taught them to play the old songs, and is trying to create something just as exciting.

Its not slash, duff, and the boys, but it sounded pretty damn good to me the other night.

Lets give it a chance, what do ya say.

never met to imply you were like Osama, I just used him as an example of someone's opinion that is considered 100% wrong by most sane people.  I understand you are not spreading hate, but I strongly disagree with you.  I have passed up 4 sets of tickets to tonights show, and currently I am trying to get some guy to rip his up.  He was excited about the show but I told him he is promoting something negative.  Everyone is fired up to hear the old AFD sonds, and I agree it would be so fun.  But what you should do is look in the paper and find a local cover band and go see them play in a small bar, their energy will be better then this fake GNR.  Places like MSG should be reserved for the real deal not cover bands.

never met to imply you were like Osama, I just used him as an example of someone's opinion that is considered 100% wrong by most sane people.  I understand you are not spreading hate, but I strongly disagree with you.  I have passed up 4 sets of tickets to tonights show, and currently I am trying to get some guy to rip his up.  He was excited about the show but I told him he is promoting something negative.  Everyone is fired up to hear the old AFD sonds, and I agree it would be so fun.  But what you should do is look in the paper and find a local cover band and go see them play in a small bar, their energy will be better then this fake GNR.  Places like MSG should be reserved for the real deal not cover bands.

Thats just sad, can you say "get a fricken life?"  

Da - these people obviously are dilusional, there is no other way this can be happening.  I just got off the phone with a huge fan (to make sure he wasn't going) and he laughed at me, he said he wouldn't be caught dead in the garden tonight.  He agreed GNR is not playing there, he loved the Robert Plant analogy.

As for the agrument being stale, I am not sure why you were talking about GNR in 1999 or 2000 or whenever.  I guess you were talking about that duo of Dizzy the keyboardist and Axl.  Because GNR died in 1991, or somewhere around there.  No Slash, No Izzy and NO Duffy equals no GNR, and actually I am bumbed about Popcorn, he rocked!

I agree man, but you still should go to the show. Just for the experience. Plus all the rumors of SOMETHING SPECIAL was suppose to happen there tonight.

I know I would go. I probably won't be the one rocking my head in the front row but i would be there just to check it out standing in the back with my arms crossed. At least scalp your ticket and make some ENDS.

More than a little sarcasm.  I've got no problem with people who are so dedicated to the old band that they can't accept the new one.  I understand why Nathan feels the way he does.  But why the hell anyone thinks that any of us is going to change his(her) mind just because someone keeps pounding out the same message over and over and over incessantly is beyond me.  I'm not telling anyone to shut up.  I'm not telling anyone that they aren't entitled.  I'm just saying this is nothing new.  Nathan and I have been having this argument for nearly a year now and we've declared a truce.  Nathan didn't change my mind.  I didn't change his.  This is all opinion.  There is no fact in it.  And none of us is wrong no matter how much we'd like to believe those we disagree with are.

it is a cover band, period.  Axl is in a cover band, probably a decent one.  All you can say is Axl is back, not GNR.  [/quote

barck  like a dead dog  that you are, at evry chance  you get. but you know what? at the and, this is GNR

and there is nothing that  you could do about it. i can care  less  if a drunken  wirdo of the 80's  plays  the rock  musik  that i love

to me this is GNR, and as long  AXL  ROSE  is on that stage, it will  allways  be GNR

and dont     ever....ever...forget  it

i fill sory for you, you are only  1 in the million barcking  for the old  Drunken  wirdos to come back to live....ha  

ok, well JimGnr..

I totally respect what your saying... I mean you have problems supporting GNR and thats fine.;. I mean i know exactly where you are coming from and i share 80% of your opinion, but i reckon that theres nothing wrong with supporting axl. If only that. You dont have to respce what he did to the band, you dont have to respect bhead, just axl.

And the thing is that being negative for anythign to do with GNR is not very productive. I mean why not just say "ok, i have problems with this so i wont listen". WHy try to convince people of your opinions, or bad mouth them in here?

Theres no need, you just dont listen or support GNR. Thats it...

BTW i do agree with what your saying, but theres a different way to handle it.