Death Metal

forcechangenow

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The next Opeth album is one of the coming albums I'm most excited about. Now that Mikael even quit bloodbath and all

well im waiting for the new Cannibal Corpse album..i heard they were going to enter the studio in October

is Six Feet Under any good...I know Barnes sings,but still........I heard that one of their albums is a cover album of Back In Black

Yea they did. They have two cover albums.

Graveyard classics 1 & 2

Graveyard classics 2 is the back in black album. On Graveyard clasics 1 they cover bands like Deep purple, jimi hendrix and so on. It is a bit fun the way they make death metal versions of all those songs, but it's just good for the fun. Nothing special, you get tired of it pretty soon

okay, i won't flood the boards with a bunch of topics about individual bands, this is about death metal as a whole. This thread is NOT about all these shitty new bands such as slipknot and whatnot. People who think that Slipknot are death metal are stupid and uneducated about music. This is about the real deal. Who here likes Death Metal? - Reccomended bands: Possessed, Death, Napalm Death, Malevolent Creation, Carcass, Cancer, Suffocation, Pestilence, Obituary, Katyklysm, and any and all bands that are worthy of representing this genre.

Death Metal has been overlooked, and under rated for just about as long as it has been around, most likley the vocals, but thats what makes the music. Anbody who says thats its just screaming gtfo, its not as easy to sing like that as it seems to be. The musicianship is better than any other genre, with amazing lightning fast riffs, to mind blowing solos, death metal is the real deal

Best death metal band . . .

Death - Definatly the death metal band to start out with, they make you realize that its not a bad genre (I didn't like Death Metal until I heard this band) R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner. My favorite death metal band by far, Chuck has ideal vocals for the genre, ranging from brutal deep low growling (Scream Bloody Gore - Spiritual Healing, to more normal, yet still brutal amazing vocals (Individual THought Patterns & Human) to high pitched yet STILL brutal vocals that will blow your mind (Symbolic & The Sound Of Perseverance)

Best Albums-

Symbolic - All the songs on this are amazing with great riffs and solos. Definatley their best.Key Tracks - Empty Words, Symbolic, and Crystal MOuntain

Spiritual Healing - Their second best, with great vocals, my favorite out of al the albums. This album showed a great leap in talent with the addition of James Murphy on guitar. Key Tracks - Altering the Future, Spiritual Healing, and Within the Mind.

I'm more into Black Metal

But the best Death Metal is Meshuggah and Lunafield (www.lunafield.de)

:anger: :devil: rock3

best death metal band - killswitch engage

Killswitch Engage is not death metal. I hate it when people think that stuff like Slipknot, Killswitch Engage, 36 Crazyfists, etc are death metal. they aren't.

thats reminds me of one amazon.com reviewer,who always said,that Limp Bizkit is death metal

well im sorry, if kse isnt death metal then... iono i guess bathory but thats black metal probably... venom... maybe that isnt death metal neither... w/e im not gonna argue because you like death

venom is black metal :drevil::P

Oh, and as for COB being black metal? Cos yeah, whenever I hear Hatebreeder, I think of Immortal, Mayhem and Emperor.

for the last time,Children Of Bodom isnt black metal,its melodic death

Children of Bodom is a Finnish band from the town of Espoo which is one of the precursors of the melodic death metal style.

from wikipedia.org