New Metallica

AbominableHoman

When are they coming out with a cd, and what are the expectations on it? Id love to hear about it, because I know they've still got the potential to make St.Anger look like shit.

Dude, Metallica still have the potential to make Master of Puppets look like shit. rock3

Anyway, no word on what's going on with them. I heard that they were taking off for a while, and were expecting to go into the studio sometime in late spring/early summer. I've got $10 saying their next release comes out before Chinese Democracy.

METALLICA are tentatively scheduled to begin recording their new album later in the year for an early 2006 release.

Source: Blabbermouth.net

That's good, but they shouldnt rush things. Like they said that one thing they learned is not make deadlines to themselves.

Anyway, cant wait to hear their new material and see 'em on tour! B)

St. Anger was bad but SKOM was a great track that reminds me of days of Hit The Lights. They just need find Lars's nuts and remember why they started making music in the first place. How can we expect a wannabe cowboy who doesn't give his opinion,a chubby queer art collector, and a guy with an identity crisis ,to make a great album in the vein of Ride The Lightning ? They don't have the passion anymore because they have more money then anyone can spend and people still buy their records even though they suck off a homeless wino

When are they coming out with a cd, and what are the expectations on it? Id love to hear about it, because I know they've still got the potential to make St.Anger look like shit.

Dude, Metallica still have the potential to make Master of Puppets look like shit. rock3

Anyway, no word on what's going on with them. I heard that they were taking off for a while, and were expecting to go into the studio sometime in late spring/early summer. I've got $10 saying their next release comes out before Chinese Democracy.

Dude, Metallica still have the potential to make Master of Puppets look like shit.

Sorry,but that chance ended with the death of Cliff Burton,their secret weapon

St. Anger was bad but SKOM was a great track that reminds me of days of Hit The Lights. They just need find Lars's nuts and remember why they started making music in the first place. How can we expect a wannabe cowboy who doesn't give his opinion,a chubby queer art collector, and a guy with an identity crisis ,to make a great album in the vein of Ride The Lightning ? They don't have the passion anymore because they have more money then anyone can spend and people still buy their records even though they suck off a homeless wino

Hey, here's an idea, why don't you go outside and play a game of 'Hide and go fuckyourself!'

Do I detect jealousy, Why else would you like this band, but also put down every member?

No passion... Go see one of their live shows (I'll fucking pay for you to go if you want) and THEN try telling me that they have no passion.

Anyway, the other day, my friend told me that he heard on the radio that Metallica have issued to call to regroup and head to the studio by month's end. I have yet to see anything neither on their official site, nor on any of the more reputable fansites. I hope the bastard isn't lying... :devil:

No passion... Go see one of their live shows (I'll fucking pay for you to go if you want) and THEN try telling me that they have no passion.

Anyway, the other day, my friend told me that he heard on the radio that Metallica have issued to call to regroup and head to the studio by month's end. I have yet to see anything neither on their official site, nor on any of the more reputable fansites. I hope the bastard isn't lying... :devil:

I just saw Some Kind Of Monster and in it they admit the making of St. Anger was so long andf hard because they had lost their passion. James was drinking,Lars had issues, Kirk felt his opinion didn't matter for the past 15 years,Jason leaving upset everyone, and theywere all sick of James having all the control.Don't post until you do your research :rolleyes:

Edit: And keep your allowance... I've seen them live 5 times and they are amazing live.

Edited by Kefer

I just saw Some Kind Of Monster and in it they admit the making of St. Anger was so long andf hard because they had lost their passion. James was drinking,Lars had issues, Kirk felt his opinion didn't matter for the past 15 years,Jason leaving upset everyone, and theywere all sick of James having all the control.Don't post until you do your research :rolleyes:

Edit: And keep your allowance... I've seen them live 5 times and they are amazing live.

They lost their passion during that particular point in time. They hit a few rough spots, and had to sort things out, which they did.

Dude, Metallica still have the potential to make Master of Puppets look like shit.

Sorry,but that chance ended with the death of Cliff Burton,their secret weapon

exactly. Cliff was one of a kind. The one who taught them to actually play "music" instead of just a bunch of riffs stuck together.

They lost their passion during that particular point in time. They hit a few rough spots, and had to sort things out, which they did.

I'm referring to that time because it is the last time they have created music.

Edit: Also I don't get why people have given them so much shit for Load/Reload,Garage Inc. Yes St. Anger blew but Load 1+2 had some good songs and Garage was just covers. I think it was a good idea to trim the hair because nothing is worse then a middle aged balding man who refuses to let go of his youth.

Edited by Kefer

I think St. Anger sucked because that dork Bob Rock played bass on it, and it was when James just got out of rehab, refer the 'Some Kind Of Monster' movie.

I would be really interested to see what Rob Trujilio does on bass on the next Metallica album. Hopefully they go back to what made them big, and not try that stupid garage band concept.