poison will open for gnr?

gernm18

i heard some rumors that poison

is gonna open in all the december shows so

we won't see cyk nor mixmaster mike anymore

i hope so cause poison is really a better band than cyk and mixmaster,i saw poison some months ago in their hollyweird tour with cinderella and some other bands and they played really cool i hope they'll open for gnr cause cyk and mixmaster really suck

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think its time to bring to GF's attnetion that GNR were a hair band!

Yeah, and for u lil' kids out there that were 2 young 2 know this...gnr(super group of two hair bands hollywood rose(axls) & la guns(tracee gunn) were a glorified garage rock band with flavors of punk & glam but the old school glam like New York dolls. What people forget about GNR was that they kicked all the hair bands asses ands made them better after Gnr's 1st albulm people overlook how the hair bands/glam bands wrote better songs and slowly paved away from the overplayed girly power ballads cos their influence of GNR....I mean Motley crue went from home sweet home to fuckin Dr. feelgood, warrant went from Heaven to "uncle tom's cabin" and Poison started to show more of their bluesy side but too little too late cos then came Nirvana and rock went to shit and HIP HOP & rap took over. Thanks alot Kurt Cobain 4 destroying rock & roll. As 4 all u critics of hair bands the fact of the matter is they all had bad ass guitarist no other genre had more guitar gods than the 80's glam rockers for example the worst glam band of all time in critics eyes is Winger(fuck all u assholes I liked Winger & still do) even they had a guitar god in REB BEACH. the alternative grunge bands had teh worst damn guitarist ever. NOt 2 mention depressive boring 'i want to kill myself cos teh world sucks" attitude songs.

bah!  i've never been a fan, hair bands suck

G-Face

funny g-face i thought u like guitarist..how could u not like hair bands/glam bands they had 1,000 of guitarist up the ass. shit  take ur pick bro from Dokken's George 'mr. scary' Lynch to poison's own CC Deville it was almost a "must have" rule that every hair band/glam band have a guitar god. REMEMBER  the band mr. big? with Brian carrols mentor Paul gilbert? NO ONE OTHER ERA OR GENRE HAD MORE GUITAR GODS THAN THE 80'S PERIOD. so i say hell yeah bring Poison they atleast put on a good show and you know their will be chics all over the place and hell it will help tickets sales 4 sure.

NEW GNR 4 LIFE!!

2 SWEET!!!

funny g-face i thought u like guitarist..how could u not NO ONE OTHER ERA OR GENRE HAD MORE GUITAR GODS THAN THE 80'S PERIOD!

2 quote unquote myself......the reason for this quote which is fact not opion is cos of one reason & one reason only...Eddie van Halen..everyone who played guitar wanted to be like him...thank ozzy's late friend Randy Rhoads as well for the onslaught of guitar talent. Now adays everyone wants to play the fuckin turntable and be like Eminem. I'll take Poison over a fuckin dj anytime.

NEW GNR 4 LIFE!!

2 SWEET!!!

Thats what i went on to say...

I agree..

They fit all the stereotypes of a hair band, but musically they were a lot different

YEAH,, eventually they evolved thanks in part to Axl being like a point guard and bringing the best out of the other members. YOu saw them bring out their country side of Izzy in Patience and they're progressive side in NoveMber Rain & estranged...that is what Axl will do with New Gnr bring out the Techno industrial side of Bucket & finck as well as outher limits of all members. But trust me in the very begining they were a hair band not just image wise but music wise people forget that. They didn;t sell out and turn against their influences they just evolved the way all the greats do like as axl says the way the beatles went from teeny pop music to more progressive.  anyways the bottom line is Poison will bring more to the table they can play for an hour of just fucking greatest hits and whcih means a better show overall and of course more women. I rather see CC deville soloing than fucking Dj mike. BY THE WAY FOLKS SPEAKING OF BEATLES CHECK OUT ABC'S THIS WEDNSDAY FOR PAUL MCCARTHNY LIVE IN CONCERT.

NEW GNR 4 LIFE!!

2-SWEET!!!

i heard some rumors that poison

is gonna open in all the december shows so

we won't see cyk nor mixmaster mike anymore

i hope so cause poison is really a better band

hey bro where did you hear this rumor? also it makes sense cos 4 those of you that did not know this Axl used to date either a cousin or sister or friend of Poison's singer Brett Michaels back in the day. In fact Poison was along with Motley crue one of the few bands that toured with them right b4 they exploded. Brett michaels I reme,ber once said(b4 gnr became mainstream) that Axl was the next rock star cos of how he would perform on stage and there would be only like 50 people in the room but the way he played you'd thought there were 1,000's. So where did you hear this rumor is it from a reliable source and has anyone else heard this rumor?

NEW GNR 4 LIFE!!

2-SWEET!~!

i heard it from some other guys in other forums

so it is just a rumor :o

and about the hair bands almost any of them are good but the problem with them was that they dissapeared after a while but they're pretty good bands at least better than all the shit we see today great hair bands:

skid row,poison,warrant,cinderella,white lion,

white snake,twisted sister(i love this band),and many more

i really hope that poison will open for gnr cause at least they play rock n roll and they would be opening to another rock n roll band that make fuckin sense,a dj and a weird new-rock band can't open for a band like gnr ,gnr is hell of huge for them

Like i said in another thread..(spaghetii incident?)

The first time I EVER saw Axl he looked like a woman. He had his hair teased, was wearing lipstick and was dressed in tight leather pants with a ripped t shirt on.. going into the Cathouse. Those arent costumes in the WWTJ video. At that time everybody on the strip dressed that way.All the time. Hair extensions were the rage. If your hair wasn't over your shoulders you were looked at like you were a f a g or something. All the local drugstores had to lock up thier makeup because guys would come in and steal it. On the Strip everybody dressed like they were rock stars. The first time my drummer ever saw Brett Michaels he was like damn I want to F U C K that chick...(hey he was a smalltown kid from Colorado... what did he know about spandex and hairspray?) We never let him forget that. Want to watch a funny video look up the documentry "the decline of western civilization part 2." Decadent fun. Shows what Hollywood was like then. Its all about rockers. Also Spin magazine had an article in August about the late 80's. Axls on the cover.

POISON opening for GNR? They hate each other. They were like rivals on the strip big time. Unless some major fences have been mended I think thats just someone with thier pee pee in thier hand.

Like i said in another thread..(spaghetii incident?)

The first time I EVER saw Axl he looked like a woman. He had his hair teased, was wearing lipstick and was dressed in tight leather pants with a ripped t shirt on.. going into the Cathouse. Those arent costumes in the WWTJ video. At that time everybody on the strip dressed that way.All the time. Hair extensions were the rage. If your hair wasn't over your shoulders you were looked at like you were a f a g or something. All the local drugstores had to lock up thier makeup because guys would come in and steal it. On the Strip everybody dressed like they were rock stars. The first time my drummer ever saw Brett Michaels he was like damn I want to F U C K that chick...(hey he was a smalltown kid from Colorado... what did he know about spandex and hairspray?) We never let him forget that. Want to watch a funny video look up the documentry "the decline of western civilization part 2." Decadent fun. Shows what Hollywood was like then. Its all about rockers. Also Spin magazine had an article in August about the late 80's. Axls on the cover.

POISON opening for GNR? They hate each other. They were like rivals on the strip big time. Unless some major fences have been mended I think thats just someone with thier pee pee in thier hand.

This is all very true. I was there. I saw it all. pretty boys and pretty girls all wrapped up into one.  remember the mini skirts and couwboys boots?  ;D

First off , I don't think Posion would be good for opening for GnR because ,well I guess it's just the  whole image thing I mean as an old GnR fan I was always makin fun of Posion and know they open for them , it's just weird  :-/ , and I don't ever really recall Izzy fitting that whole hair band image ( the other members yes , but Izzy not really , I just go back and look at the Live Like a Suicide cover and it reminds me )  . BTW they were only "HAIR" image for 3yrs 85-87 after the WTTJ vid Axl never teased his hair again I don't think .

Peace GnR Nation  8)

Yeagh the cowboy boots and the spandex pants together. Real style setters there! I remeber when getting a chicks fishnet stockings were like bonus/trophy.

Izzy played the game too. Look at the hell revisited flyer and you'll see he had eyeliner on. he's got his "razzle" hat on. THe derby. He had the glam thing down too. as for the funky outfits look at the Paradise city video. But yeagh he seemed more down to earth than the rest of the band. Slash wasn't into the glam thing much.he did have an oppurtunity to play with Poison before C.C. Deville come on board.

The thing about Guns and Roses that set them apart from  the other bands immediately was that they actually could play. Thier songs were original. The vocals were unique. presentation was over the top. Most bands would keep writing the same song over and over again. Verse chorus verse chorus bridge chorus verse...... That or they stayed at the same level. By the late 80's though the biker look was starting to come back..look at  Motley Crue's look on Girl Girls Girls and Dr. Feelgood... an image shift i attribute to GNR's Appetite for Destruction success