new member/Just saw em'

Aeonian

What's up everyone?   I'm brand new to this board and have been a GNR fan since the olden days, and just saw them in Columbus.  I have been willing to give them a chance, though i've always wanted  the old band to re-unite.  I thought Axl sang absolutely great.  I saw them last in Indy on the GNR/Mettalica tour, and He was hitting his notes better Mon. night then back then.  The rest of the band was really good too, and I think the concert was the ####

.  My only criticism would be that there seem to be too many guitar players.  I think it's better to have a rhythm player and a main lead guitar player, so that you can identify themselves a little better.  THey are all killer guitar players, but it just seems like a bit too many to me.  The band still rocks, and I'm stoked about hearing the new Album (whenever that is >:( >:().  

The sound on stage is suppost to be much better now.. Cause now they can actually play what they have on the records.. Also two lead guitarist with different styles can only be good.. More to choose from, more diversity on the different songs..

I am not a guitar dude.. I am a vocals dude.. But as far as I can tell they don`t play the same solo.. But they play everything that was played on the record.. Slash often recorded two different guitars and they play all the guitars.. On one of the new songs, Rhiad & The Bedouins they overlapp eachother I think..

The sound on stage is suppost to be much better now.. Cause now they can actually play what they have on the records.. Also two lead guitarist with different styles can only be good.. More to choose from, more diversity on the different songs..

Well i actually prefer for it to souind different than on the record. I like the improvisation that occurs on stage, it means that it sounds a lot rawer and sliughtly different to make it more interesting live...

Just my opinion, but i reckon thats the main problem with the newer band, i mean they play fucking awesome, but thats the problem! Haha seems funny, but i reckont hat they would be better to loosen up a bit.

They do play the songs great.  They are incredibly tight, and almost seemingly perfect w/ them at times, but definitely not as "raw" sounding, which is one of their previous trademarks.  The three guitar thing, for me, really isn't just a sound issue, but for the band's identity.  I mean you've got 4 guys up their (counting bass) swinging around guitars, like that freaking Collective Soul video (please don't take that comparison further than it was intended. no disrespect to Guns).  A band would seem more personal w/ less of that IMO.  They still Rock, and leave me w/ alot of hope, which took off alot of skepticism that I was trying to fight off.  Excuse me for not yet distinguishing between the guitar players, but the one w/ the shorter black hair was my personal favorite.  He had good stage presence, and had more of an aggressive approach to the guitar (and also playing great technically).