"THE Project" Demo song HERE!....

Ghost_Guns

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This stuff was posted on Blabbermouth, run by RoadRunner records, it's not a hoax. It's them and it sucks, it's just a run of the mill rock song, rather than writing a song that means something, it's a case of, *I can hear it now* "We'll play this riff 4 times and this 8 times and then a little variation for a bridge, then this 4 times and that 8 times again. Oh yeah, and we'll stick some shitty vocals over it." It sucks. If Madagascar was a Magnum, then this piece of shit is a peashooter.

Actually, the mailing list at Slash's Snakepit site sent out a link to this file, IT IS REAL. So stop denying that your precious Slash has written a piece of shit song and that he is nothing without Axl. That IS Slash and it DOES suck.

here's my take on it:

1. The whole song reminds more of snakepit

2. The main riff is awesome and in similar style of locomotive, though more stripped down..

3. This could make a great riff-based song

4. The singer is just lame, i agree.. gay ...

5. The backing music parts when that guy sings are not ok ,too, i think they should find something else for it..

6. we're not sure if it's izzy/slash/duff/matt

7. even if it is we don't know if this song will be on the album

8. the singers who go to the auditions must get tried somehow, right ? so, if they use this song for the auditions then it must have been recorded with more than 100 different singers i guess.. how this leaked i don't know.. maybe they did it for "rumour spreading".. :) maybe the singers just get a recorded tape, record the vocals and send it back to izzy/sl/duff/matt, so the singer might have spread it. anyways ...

9.The solo is a bit short but that doesn't mean much, cause different solos are applied to the song during the producing time. also it's so easy has a quick-solo but it rocks...

10. As a whole ,the song is quite mediocre, but with a f*ckin' excellent riff! i just keep listening to the intro since i downloaded it :)

two more points i forgot:

1. strange but it seems like the song has only slash's influence (?)

2. the guitar actually sounds like slash (listen to the solo) but the problem is in the drums. matt used to play with "fuller" sounds and kinda overplayed.. this guy plays really simple.. or am i deluded ?

HD I agree with you on the drums it doesn't seem to be in Sorum's style Hell maybe it's ol Stevie  ;D haha , but that main riff is killer and the song seems to be ok ( except the vocals they suck especially for the style that the Project will be ) Why they don't just have Izzy sing is beyond me I enjoy listening to his vocals , and let's not everyone get to worked up IT is just a Demo  :-/ , OMG was also thought to be a Demo and that was a worse song than  this IMO because of the music the vocals were bad on this as well as OMG ( yes I thought Axl's vocals were subpar on OMG ,  Crucify me now  :P )

Lastly , I said before that the Project will be a mix of Snakepit and Izzy's solo ideas and also maybe Duff's so it WILL be better than Snakepit by itself for the 1 fact that Izzy is contributing a lot more ideas .  ;)

Peace GnR Nation  8)

yes duffan, i also find the riff much better to chinese democracy's ,but cd is a better song as a whole mostly because of that lame singer and the verse-music of the demo. i don't compare with the blues and madagascar because they're ballads...

Actually, the mailing list at Slash's Snakepit site sent out a link to this file, IT IS REAL. So stop denying that your precious Slash has written a piece of shit song and that he is nothing without Axl. That IS Slash and it DOES suck.

And what Snakepit site are you talking about. Snakepit no longer exists so it is an unofficial site.

If this is what "The Project" is doing, I give it just as long as Snakepit, then it will be over, and Slash will be back to doing one offs with Michael Jackson.

THIS SUCKS! Im sorry, its too '80s' for me.  I was into that sound in the 80s and early 90s.  But right now, it just isnt my bag.  Maybe the nostalgic people that are anti-new GNR will dig this horse S H I T (not nuts), but I certainly favor GNR over this pile o crap.

well i would go getting so excited about it, i mean we dont even know for sure if this really is them playing!

I mean even if it is, it might be one song just used to test vocalists.

I mean give em a chance. Wait until their akbum or more material is out.

why do i keep reading "they won't do it without axl" quotes ? who talked about axl ? axl has a new project, so i don't see the reason why they should not have a new project succesful or not. stop bitching about it and if you don't like it don't buy it... you complexed persons...  :P