GunsnRoses/Marilyn Manson

Kprice

Ok guys, I once heard that Axl wanted the Guns material to sound different than past Material. What would any of you think If Axl had recorded the album in the style of Manson's album, "Anti-Christ Superstar"; would you all still listen to it?

Well, Myself, I have the album "anti-christ superstar", and I think it's pretty good. Since Axl has a creative mind, I think he could create an album just as good. Just my opinion, though.

Never been a Manson fan.

I have a little trouble getting past the freak, Satan-worshipping image he loves to project. And I don't think the breast implants and weirdo contact lens help any.  ::)

Yeah, I know, it should be about the music, not the image. But when someone like Manson spends as much time, money and effort as he does milking and promoting this image, it's really tough to ignore or forget.  :P

well thats a similar issue for many people and BH, but you get over it...

(if people are going to mi-interpret what im saying and post messages like "arent you supposed to be anti BH" or something liek that, i am going to clear it up..... -

I have nothign agaisnt BH. I easliy prefer slash, and believe BH isn't right for GNR but i think he is a good guitarist)

Stick to your Guns gnrlies.. I got your back. We know what what in this crazy %$$##@!1 ED up world/forum. I agree with the whole buckehead thing... I mean Why? How come? I mean he comes across as totally mechanical. His interviews border on stupid and pointless but D*amn he knows how to play a mean SLASH riff....

Now that makes me wonder... Will Slash ever play a Buckethead riff...  

Yeah, because Axl is a fan of such bands like:

Misfits

Fear

The Damned

The Clash

Sex Pistols

And Marilyn would never listen to that, and of course he didn't ask the Misfits to tour with him last year. ::)

Also, Marilyn may look weird, but didn't Axl and the rest of the Guns back in the day? Who now has a guitarist who wears buckets and face masks?

Show me anywhere Marilyn has stated he worships Satan in his lyrics or in interviews.

And wouldn't a Satan worshiper be dressed in some sort of cloak, or is dressing half naked with fake breasts a Nu-Age satanic fashion statement?

And also, talking about no talent ass clowns, I remember Axl wearing a Nirvana hat once, haha.

Misfit , When I said Al's musical Tastes were different I meant in what he likes and chooses to perform and record not so much what he listens to , I apologise if I didn't come across clear enough on that .  :-/ .

Peace GnR Nation  8)

Ew.  Lets not compare Axl to Marilyn Manson anymore.  Axl is a real person with real issues which the songs occasionally reflect (see the Madagascar topic) Okay screw it, lets compare:

From what I understand Marilyn Manson's willingness to participate in attention-seeking self mutilation and present a satanic image is simply the product of intelligent marketting and lots of bucks rather than someone who has any realistic meaning.  The only GNR song that really didn't have meaning was "Used to love her"  - although I suspect meaning was intended, but for the sake image and continuing to get laid, Axl will deny that :)

I think the reason many of us like GNR was because each person had a realistic personality.  Some of us had a favorite band member because we could relate to that band member more than the others.  

So on to a better arguement...

In a scrap... Axl or Eminem?  I pick Axl!  I think Axl would drop him within seconds.  He may be 40 but you can tell he is still badass and ready to go. I don't think Eminem has any experience outside of making movies.  Haha, let me know what you think :P

stab

Yea Axl would kick some serious @ss cause he is crazy and is one tough mutha even though he ain't that big ( 5'9) BTW I'd love to see Axl take down that duche Fred Durst ( Axl would take him in a minute  ;D LOL  )

Peace GnR Nation  8)

Yea Axl would kick some serious @ss cause he is crazy and is one tough mutha even though he ain't that big ( 5'9) BTW I'd love to see Axl take down that duche Fred Durst ( Axl would take him in a minute  ;D LOL  )

Peace GnR Nation  8)

blooday oath!

But fred durst is a wanker. He couln't even beat michael jackon in a fight!