Dizzy and Tommy interview!

Gauda

Had GNR been ready Dizzy would have been in the band for AFD.  In the video trilogy axl talked about how having a keyboard player was always an idea and they knew Dizzy at this time.  The went with more rocking stuff for appetite cause of money, time, more controversial=publicity.  SCOM was the last song to make AFD.  They already had songs like Don't Cry, Back Off Bitch, Bad Obsession and the work in progress November Rain.  Axl said in one of those videos most likely the one for NR that he wasn't done writing it and didn't anyone else to help finish it so he left for the next album.  Of all the songs where Dizzy is needed they are on UYI.  Dizzy was always GNR#6 even if they once called west arkeen that.  Yeah Dizzy and Tommy took some shots at they old guys but remember that it was just has much the old guys fault for quiting and making us all wait 10 years as much as it was axl's fault.  The old guys have to expect to take some shots in the press.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just gonna say no matter what the sitiution is/was I think it was kinda tastless of Dizzy to insult Izzy ( that sounds funny when you say it  ;D ) don't get me wrong I like Reed but I don't think it was his place to insult Izzy like that even if it may be true , besides Izzy left because he wanted to go in a different direction than Axl and Slash with his music and said" screw these guys I don't need this " it wasn't so much the pressures of being huge or the obligation . As for people saying Dizzy would've been on Appetite well I'm skeptical  ???  but if you could show me some facts I'll gladly change my view until then though . ???

Peace GnR Nation  8)

The affinitive authority on GNR, any misquotes speculation and outright lies can be addressed curtiosy of Mr. Sparkle. As a long time follower (since he was 11!!) THis long time association with the group has given Mr. Sparkle amazing insight to  the the rock and roll world. Should any reviews or controversy arise Mr. Sparkle can point you in the right direction. Mr. Sparkle can answer any thing for you that you might wonder about GNR. If however you you want an appropriate answer you have to  1) not say anything remotely annoying about Axl.2) have no loyalties toward former members of the group 3) believe in the new GNR with ALL YOUR heart and SOUL. 4). overlook the obvious facts of GNR history as they pertain to reality and not LALA land 5) be willing to rewrite GNR history to make axl look like a genious innocent angel.  5) believe that all the former members had/have no right to play GNR songs.. even when/if they own the copyrights to them..5) endorse the new band with reckless abandon( strange display of loyalty especially when somewhere in the past Mr. Sparkle must have thought Slash/Duff/Izzy were fairly b*chen dudes.) So when Buckethead gets skid marks on his A*ss he too can join the ranks of the SLash and Duff and Izzy... as former has been disloyal uneducated trash druggie heroineaddict moneygrubbing chickenf**ken notalent boozehounds ect.....

You must agree to these conditions or i swear he will shred your mind. He's a bad dude. I will reform my ways... I will turn off my mind and only speak in dogmatic terms about my heros... Mr. Sparkle and Gouda have shown me the light.... can you show me how to set up my very own shrine to NEW GUNS AND ROSES? I will cease from tinking Slash even knows how to play guitar... in fact I'll join your ranks and pretend that Slash/Duff and Izzy were ever in GNR!! Yeagh kinda like a whacked out misconception on my part. THANKS FOR SHOWINGME THE LIGHT I GUESS IVE BEEN TOLD ;D ;D 8) As Duffman would say  Peaceout GNR NATION.

it was a joke anyway what Dizzy said about Izzy. He lived through the first two tims that Izzy quit in the middle of a world tour and then he watched as Izzy did it again to the JuJu Hounds.  Where is everyone's sense of humor anyway??

hi.....alsobsession...........geeeeesss these people need to get a life!! That is what's wrong with this world today. Too many critics, and people mouthing off with negative comments!! If you have nothing nice to say about someone, why don't you just keep your opinion to yourself?? Can't we all just get along?? LOL.....

...  Yes Dizzy  is talented and oviously has a rapport with Axl no bones there about it...

Good. I'm glad you finally acknowledged it.  :)

.. he is a Hired Gun the longest lasting of the hired guns of the corporate GNR. Axl could can him in a heartbeat. Its his JOB. He never was a "Member". ...

Dizzy has been in the band for  about 12 years. How many does it take to "qualify" for bandmember status in your eyes?

... He may know Izzy personally and it might have been just in passing as joke ...

It's called having a ''sense of humor."  You should get one.

...  So for them to get involved in the GNR WAR is pathetic. Slash can dis as he can because he has the right to. AS for merry men why wouldn't they be? They just stepped into the most cushy jobs in the world.

So, you think it's OK for Slash to diss Axl and the new band --  but it's not OK for anyone else to take shots (even jokingly) at Slash or Izzy?  Remember,  Slash (according to this article) referred to Axl as  a "control freak" and "maniac."  So, he kinda set the tone.

As for the new band members, would you rather they sit quietly in a corner and never talk to reporters and never discuss the band with anyone? If they did that, I'm sure everyone would whine and complain that the band never talks and never keeps the fans informed.  It's a no-win situation in your book.

Mr. Sparkle and Gouda have shown me the light.... can you show me how to set up my very own shrine to NEW GUNS AND ROSES? I will cease from tinking Slash even knows how to play guitar... in fact I'll join your ranks and pretend that Slash/Duff and Izzy were ever in GNR!! Yeagh kinda like a whacked out misconception on my part. THANKS FOR SHOWINGME THE LIGHT I GUESS IVE BEEN TOLD    As Duffman would say  Peaceout GNR NATION. ...

Good to hear. It's about time.  :D ;D ;)

well dizzy said some pretty fucked up things...

I reckon that slash is always diplopmatic to Axl and the new band, so i dont think we can say slash set this tone.

Dizzy was a member but his value was no-where near as much as the other guys.

I say good luck, and I hope they have a good time -- and they should enjoy it 'cause Izzy'll probably quit in a couple of weeks," says Reed, 39

and who the f*ck are you to comment on a real musician like Izzy? Go f*ck yourself Dizzy! You're not, and you never will be, a good musician! If Izzy quits it is because he does what he wants to do - and he doesn't just follow Assl rose!

>:( Piss off Dizzy - get your d1ck outta axl's ass!

-For the record - TOMMY ROCKS!!!

hey guys rockerman has got a point,saw new gnr in london in august and they rocked without doubt but i was there for axl.i know this is the future and to see axl on stage was fantastic but having seen gnr at wembley stadium in 92 it wasnt the same.im just gratefull that axl is playing live again,there is no better frontman. shame they cant patch things up because as much as im going to support modern gnr wouldnt we all love to see slash,duff,etc back.i know you will accuse me of living in the past but i cant help it but lets all agree axl coming back will give the music world the shot in the arm it needs

Agreed..absolutely.......

Madison.. when I make those comments about Members ve Hired Guns do you see the point? After a band gets big it takes on a who new entity. Business wise. From a business perspective the original contract is with x number of people that constitute "the band" that obligates them "puts them under contract" from there any other muscians brought into the mix are usually subcontracted by the band thus Employees. you could call them independent contractors. Usually these independant contractors/employees have NO say in band matters. Some actually bill by the hour during creative work sessions. Some will exchange for a take of the tour sales ect.. its figured out. they may get credit and royalties for services rendered and like in the case of Gilby evidently his contract called for payment for his appearances in the videos and other marketable commodities this was the basis for his lawsuit against GNR management. To recoup the money owed him.

The whole issue is the purity of it. The new GNR are all business and corporate. Like Axl has said this aint a bunch of guys that met at the bar. Before Axl sells us the new band he has had to convince the record company.  ....

Personally for me That PUNK attitude of old GNR was the cherry on the cake. To me it what was defineing of GNR. Great music. personality and attitude. Definately more spontanious. You never knew what to expect from these guys. Hell there was something dangerous about them THEN. Liek you wouldn't  want to get caught stealing thier stash... THese new fellas personality wise make me want to giggle. A glown and and goth??? GNR??? I dont get it? I saw them in Moline and there is no way you get that vibe again. IT WAS A GREAT SHOW. I was excited by it but definately a whole lot more corporate business. But then its kind of silly to have a man like Axl being a rebel all his life. Just as Im sure in the next few years he'll be sick of playing the old dated music. I imagine he will be like Robert Plant... Robert Plant dispises singing Stairway to Heaven now as he has said it just a silly song I wrote when I was 19 years old.

YEp[ thats right..,..

And who the fuck is dizzy to say that shit about izzy...

He is someone who was in the band with Izzy for four years and put up with his disappearing in the middle of not one but two tours and happens to be a friend of his regardless. again I say he was joking. get over yourself! Izzy is notorious for ditching his bands in the middle of a project!

Whaat?

Dizzy was in the band only for UYI 1 and 2...

Nothing else, not four years, secondly, izzy never had puctuality issues so i dont know what your on about.

Dizzy joined the band in 1990. he played the first show in february 1991 at rock in rio. that would be one year right there. then they toured 91,92,93 two and a half years on tour. that makes three and a half. Izzy quit twice during that time but still came back and forth. sorry i overestimated three and a half years.  It wasn't punctuality issues it was desertion issues. the band wakes up and wonders where the hell Izzy is.  I certainly know what I am talking about. you may not believe me but that would be your problem then.  I don't want to start a debate over it, just stating what I know, so please don't take it as an attack. I simply do not like people assaulting Dizzy.

He is someone who was in the band with Izzy for four years and put up with his disappearing in the middle of not one but two tours and happens to be a friend of his regardless. again I say he was joking. get over yourself! Izzy is notorious for ditching his bands in the middle of a project!

Exactly, Alsobession.  I couldn't agree more.

Obviously some of the people here are either too young or just aren't familiar with Izzy's history. Izzy walked out several times over the years -- leaving the band high and dry at critical times in the band's career. So Dizzy's comments -- although made humorously -- were based on fact.

And for those in denial or critical of the comments -- I guess the truth hurts sometimes.  

i am quite aware that he left in 1992 and then came back in a sense in 93, but he never rejoined, that was merely a one off. He never fully joined the band again, merely doing a favour.

And it would only be 2 years that izzy and dizzy would of been in the same band together.

and besides, izzy was in the band for a substantial period of time ( 5 years there abouts)  and then left for his own reasons (well i actually heard he quit becuase axl asked him to take a pay cut since he didn't run around on stage as much as the others so he got sick of axl and left)

So i mean the point im trying to make is that dizzy has no reason to comment on issues such as that becuase izzy did nothing wrong.

Dizzy can comment on anything he damn well pleases!! Whether serious or as a joke!! Geeezzz lighten up people. Take a pill or chill, and stop bashing the best band you can ever be fortunate enough to listen to, or even have the opportunity to see at a concert! GN'R kicks ass, and most fans will totally agree!!!!!