New stuff disappointing??

jointritual

am i the only one who has been left underwelmed by the new material. I currently have jus heard Chinese democracy, the blues and madagascar and they dont seem nothin special. Dont get me wrong I feel that it is much better than anything currently in the usa rock scene at the mo, but it ain't revolutionary as everyone was making it out it to be. The title track is very basic and is the type of song that has been done a million times before, the blues is a sad dont cry wannabe and jus ends up being similar in style to so fine/yesterdays which ain't good, On the first listen of madagascar I felt it was breathtaking but on further listens it jus seems to fade due to the complete lack of variation in the song to compare it to november rain or estranged is laughable. Hopefully axl is saving the real masterpieces for the lp. From what I have heard it wont even beat UYI never mind appetite.

I would have to question your musical tastes as far as

a guns n roses fan....

with all due respect of course...

But "Blues" and "Madagascar" are works of art even in thier bootleg form... Wait until we get the studio polished version, I think both of those songs are equal to anything from UYI or Appetite...

Now "Silk Worms" sucks..(not Axl's work by the way), and "Oh God" is weak.."Chinese Democracy" I think has a chance to grow on ya, but not great I admit.

But, please give "Blues" another listen and try to feel what he's saying and (WHO) he's saying it too... and it tells you where his head is...And to me explains why he took the hiatus, his heart has lost what he still feels will be his only true love in life....

He's using his music to try and get over it finally....

Two weeks till Boston baby.................

I am totally in agreement these new songs are by far better than anything out there currently ( excepet OMG IMO ) and It is far from dissappointing but I don't think it compares to much of the older stuff , at least not yet I'll wait to see how the songs will all mesh within the context of the album , but they do seem to stand well on thier own .  If these aren't even the best songs off CD then I wonder how the ones we haven't heard will sound better than SCOM , WTTJ , PC or NR etc ... etc . I'm not to sure  ???

If these aren't even the best songs off CD then I wonder how the ones we haven't heard will sound better than SCOM , WTTJ , PC or NR etc ... etc . I'm not to sure  ???

Thats a victory already then.. People try to make it out as this band actually suck.. Any band being seriously compared to the old GnR will be a great band..

the blues is a sad dont cry wannabe and jus ends up being similar in style to so fine/yesterdays which ain't good,

I dont think The Blues and Don`t Cry is much the same.. Don`t Cry is built around the chorus while The Blues doesnt have any.. Its simply just a not-that-fast great GnR song..

Fair enough that you don`t like yesterdays.. I love it.. However, compare The Blues and Yesterdays and try not to take any sides and remember that Yesterdays was released as a single and had a video made to it..

am i the only one who has been left underwelmed by the new material. I currently have jus heard Chinese democracy, the blues and madagascar and they dont seem nothin special. Dont get me wrong I feel that it is much better than anything currently in the usa rock scene at the mo, but it ain't revolutionary as everyone was making it out it to be.

How revolutionary did you actually expect these songs to be? Can you find any songs that sound like The Blues or Madagascar or even Chinese Democracy?

On the first listen of madagascar I felt it was breathtaking but on further listens it jus seems to fade due to the complete lack of variation in the song to compare it to november rain or estranged is laughable.

What kind of expectations did you really have? The song is sad, not sparkling of life, its more sparkling of greatness.. It has different verses all the time.. With different "mood" on every verse.. This song is something entirely new..

Kinda seems like you don`t want em to be all that revolutionary..?

From what I have heard it wont even beat UYI never mind appetite.

In my opinion both The Blues and Madagascar would be released as singles at the Uyi`s.

Appetite is not comparable cause thats another sound..

Sorry for lending your way of replying Madison.. :) Felt natural to break up his critisism instead of arguing my own points at this post.. :)

the blues sucks its too easy :Pmadagascar too weird ::)chinese democracy too short solo ::)

Come with something constructive if you are gonna critisise.. Too easy, too weird and too short solo doesnt apply as constructive and I think that it shows that you havent given them a chance..  ::)

???

I really don't get all the sh%t about Old GNR / New GNR, Slash, Buckethead. The old band was the greatest of their time, would have been possibly the greatest of all time with longevity. I grew up on Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath etc, anf after Zep, GNR is my favorite band of all time. Zepp had the greatest front man ever, Robert Plant. Until I saw Axel, that is. He is the greatest Rock front man there has ever been. I can't explain why, it's his presence. And this is why I brought tickets for the Hartford,CT Civic Center for the Dec.3 show. I don't care if slash is in the lineup. The greatest front man in rock, ever, will be there. And GNR will rise from the ashes like the PhOENIX, and finally help us drown out the Boy Bands and the Blond Britney/Christina slu&ts and give us something we've been lacking for about a decade. Real Music. Rock on , Axel. Anyone seen my KFC Bucket??

thaman...... can u stop comparing the new song with the old song.... maybe it is not as good as the old one but u should hear todays songs they all sucks.....  and this new song is like a bright light in dark ages.

for me the new is as great as the old one. ;D

Well put G-Face. I was pleasantly surprised when they carried on soloing to Chinese Democracy at London, and to those of you who think the album is gonna be crap....

at the London show, Axl said that they were only playing the songs that they weren't gonna release as singles, and IMO they are great, except Ryiadh... or whatever it is - mediocre.  8)