New stuff disappointing??

jointritual

Well if you get out much you should know that alot of gunners think the song rules.  At school everybody loved madagascar when they played it a the vma's.  Just goto G N R X and see what people's opinions are on the new songs.  Then you'll be out much ;)

G-Face

Overall I think the new stuff has been worth the wait.  My favorite new one is the blues which is only topped by my very best guns songs like estranged, YCBM, nightrain etc.  Madagascar is also good but i not sure how the quotes in the middle tie to the rest of the song.  Chinese Democracy is also a good song and i'm one the ones who loves Rhiad.  I'll admit i was worried when I first heard oh my god but these other four have blown it away.  The only way you could say the new stuff is disappointing is if the only song you've heard is silkworms, which is complete shit.

ok, well i dont think we can really generalise to say "the new songs suck" or "the new songs are great" because:

1) they havent been released

2) we dont know how they will generally go down with non-hardcore fans which make up a large proportion of GNR fans

3) its an opinionated matter anyway...

Personally, i think all the new songs are good, however they lack from the old material in that they arent as complex...

They need to be "sugar coated" with some more solo's i feel. It just adds a further depth to the song. Like the intial riff and lyrics can pull people to like the song, but as they become heard over and over again they become a little boring, whereas if there were more / longer / more complex     solo's in the new songs they would have a greater longevity...

How could anyone compare the old GNR to the new GNR? I'm not saying the old GNR Sucks, but way back when, it was obvious that a lot of problems started popping up within the band, especially when they we're recording the "use your illusion" albums. Im sure Axl has a lot of fond memories about the past tours and stuff, but he seems to be happier now, working with the new guys, and he also seems happier about the new material, as well. If your a true GNR Fan, you'll like the new stuff, no mater what. If you aren't, well......

talking about the new songs,when i saw gnr recently axl said the new songs they are playing on tour wont be on new album,maybe hes worried about bootlegs coming out so keeping other songs back.the blues is amazing,is it about stephanie seymore

Actually Mr. Brownstone, Axl said none of the new songs played so far would be released as singles. However, they're still expected to be on the album -- except for maybe Silkworms.  :)