CHICAGO REVIEW!!!

Ghost_Guns

What up Gunners?  

Let me start off by saying that I have just witnessed probably the greatest thing ever.  I'm still on edge and in awe after that wonderful night last night.  This band is so tight and powerful.  Every note was hit perfectly, they ran around, interacted with each other and played their hearts out.  It was as if they originally wrote the material themselves.  They were so comfortable and enjoyed the hell out of it.  There is no doubt in my mind that this is Guns N' Roses.  They proved that last night to me.  Their flawless performance, their heart, their attitude, just left me amazed.

To start off my amazing journey, I drove 400 miles to see this great event.  With new logo hooded sweatshirt on, I confidently walked the streets around the Allstate Arena.  My sister and I took our place in line, at around 4 oclock.  I met Matt Bober(who is one cool motherfucker) and then later on, a towering hunk of man came out of the shadows with his midget father.  It was IGGY    Iggy rox!   We all chatted it up and waited for the doors to open.  When they did, security was there to pat us down.  It wasn't too heavy, you could of easily hed a recording device or a bazooka for that matter.  We all parted ways and took our seating.  The waiting game began.

The arena wasn't even half full by the time CKY came on.  CKY is a very hard rocking band.  They didn't do much for me, but they did rock.  The guitarists was very obnoxious, talking about getting pussy from his g/f and getting good head and all that jive.  It made for a quick laugh.  They were done in like a half an hour.  Personally I'd rather see more of them and less of Mix Master, but we will get to that soon.  The halls of the arena were crowded with smokers  and other people running to get merchandise.  There was plenty of merchandise for us Gunners.  Shirts, hats, jerseys, belt buckles.  Awesome stuff.  I got three t-shirts because I wasn't satisfied with two, but I ended up with 4, but we will get to that soon

We went back to our seats and continued to wait.  The arena slowly began to fill, but it was still pretty empty, it was hard to tell how much it was full because everybody was so scattered.  Then the stage crew began to set up for Mix Master.  He started off with this long ass intro on these two big video screens that were hanging on the right and left of the stage.  That quickly started to get some boos when it lasted for like 10 minutes.  It was terribly long.  Then Mix Master began.  Ya know, this guy does have talent, and I bet nobody in that arena could do what he could do.  But that adimiration could only last so long.  After 10 minutes I was ready to strangle him.  It was soooo long.  People began to boo him heavily.  I kind of felt sorry for him, but oh well.  He finished his act with cheers..possibly cheering because he was done, I do not know.  

By this time the arena was getting jam packed.  A wide variety of gunner fans started pouring in.  Let me say this, Chicago has some fine lookin ass walking around.  I felt like getting on so many chicks their.  It was insane.  You had your old gunners, your mexican gunners, your new gunners, no black gunners though.  WE NEED MORE BLACK FANS!  ha.  Fans had KFC buckets on their heads, and the majority of the fans were younger kids..late teens to early twenties, who all had new gunner material on.  It was really cool.  

I was nearly getting a boner because of the rising excitement.  A few times, while waiting, some playful fights broke out, the crowd cheered.  Security quickly broke the fights up and disposed of the swill material.  It was at this time some guys came over and were like hey what are your seat numbers.  I was like Row F 25, 26.  They were like damn, cuz they had the same fuckin seats.  I was like oh shit.  So they said don't worry about it and took off.  We had ROW FF.  So I quickly asked another guy where our seats were.  He was like oh shit down here, sorry about that. SO WE GOT TO MOVE CLOSER!!  Like 10 rows closer.  It was sweet.    Then the lights went out.  The crowd was so loud and it was jam packed.  Souled out indeed.  Something was playing in the back ground, but you couldn't hear it because the crowd was so intense.  Then it came, the chords, then "DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE!!!"  It was so loud.  The lights came on and AXL was roaring like a banshee.  The band was so tight and so fuckin loud, it was crazy.  I couldn't believe it.  AXL hasn't lost anything, he screamed and danced and played around the whole show.  And he did that fuckin leg hopping thing all night..which i fuckin thing is hilarious!  The band was so fuckin tight and so awesome.  They didn't miss a beat, didn't mess up a solo.  It was truely amazing.  

They quickly made away with the old songs.  Blazing through the set list.  I wont' bother posting it, you can get it somewhere else.  They played all songs flawlessly and the crowd was with this band all the way.  I was waiting especially for the new songs, and oh man did they deliver.  Madagascar was excellent, the Blues was so emotional, (fincks solo work at the end came out, it rocked, like on the Boston Promo), but i was truely waiting for Chinese Democracy.  Oh man this song is so heavy!  I loved it, I was singin along too Bober   One song hit me hard in particular though, November Rain.  I dont' know what it is, it just hit me in the chest like a sledge hammer.  It was great.  Axl played around with the crowd before hand with a little piano jive.  It was sweet.  

Buckethead and Finck played their asses off and had kick ass solos.  After B-Head's dance and solo act he began to throw out the "toys."  He dragged the bag around as if it was a dead body.  After all the toys were gone, he put the bag on his head and started moving around and waving to the crowd.  The guy is so fuckin weird, but awesome.  The crowd was laughing it up.  Finck played his heart out and was so into it.  Jamming, moving around, he is their "shining star" so to speak.  Well for me anyways.  I gained alot more respect for him after this show.  He rocks so much ass.  

Axl didn't speak much at all.  And when he tried to, you couldn't hear him because the crowd was so fuckin loud.  At one point he got pissed at some people who were throwin shit up on the far right of the stage and he just said they needed to stop that shit or something.  He did say that in a way this was a reunion.  Because he got enough sanity or something in his head to actually pull it off.  That kind of shocked me, because he dismissed the old band totally.  Anybody who thinks a reunion would ever happen is so mistaken, because apparently it all ready has happened in AXL's mind.  A few bloopers did occur that made me laugh.  I might be mistaken on the songs that  they took place, but I think on I Think about You, Axl almost tripped when running across the stage.  On Patience, Finck and AXL ran into each other when they crossed paths near the end of the song.  It was funny.  Axl and Tommy skipped across the stage with each other and they all interacted with each other.  Durning Nighttrain, AXL got pissed at somebody in the back and was like, "I'll have a chat with you later."  Something along those lines.  I wonder why he keeps going back there.  Possibly for oxygen, who knows

The funniest moment of the show was during Paradise City.  They tore the shit out of this song.  Near the end when Fortus took over the solo(which fuckin rocked..AXL introduced Fortus during the solo) But B-Head throughout the whole song had this blow up, or doll, of himself attached to his guitar.  He dragged it up and down the stage, like dragging a dead body.  But when Fortus took over, B-Head began to kick the shit out of this doll that looked like him.  It was almost life sized, and he was just stabbing it with the guitar.  Then he did this karate kick to is and B-Head fell down and was rolling around on the ground.  I was like HOLY FUCK!

When the fireworks sounded off and the red and yellow confetti spewed all over and AXL screamed Chicago good night!  I was left in complete and utter awe.  It was so amazing.  The night was over and I wished it wasn't so.  This band left me wanting more and more.  All gunners around, old and new were left stunned by this bands ability.  Everybody was pumped when leaving the show.  While leaving the show, I looked down towards my seat and saw a long sleeved Chinese Democracy shirt.  I was like oh shit.  I quickly snagged that business and was like fuck yeah.  How is somebody gonna leave a 60 dollar shirt?  So that made 4 for me  

Axl wore two jersey's for this show.  Finck had an all white suit type deal, Stinson had this red and black checkered outfit on, Brain had his normal get up but was sporting a full gotee, Fortus wore a casual black jeans and black shirt, B-Head had this all black outfit on with this black cape.  Pittman and Dizzy wore regular clothes, wasn't really focusing on everybody's clothing.  Just thought I'd mention it.  

The stage set up was kick ass.  There was 3 big tapestry type things on each side of the stage with Chinese writing on them.  The stage was double stacked, they had two large video screens on each side of the stage and behind the band they had more screens, that played things throughout the whole show.  It was a cool set up.

I hope everybody gets a chance to see this awesome band.  Try, any chance you can.  All those doubts will vanish.  Well they did for me anyways.  I was so moved, it was incredible.  I can't say much more about them, i've used all the positive words I could.  I mean it was a Butterchurn worthy show.  That is the highest of honor   Whatever that means.  I will always remember the many members of the old band, but this is Guns N' Roses baby.  I now long and hunger for Chinese Democracy, the new material sounded awesome and I can't wait until GNR takes this world by storm.  I had a blast and lost my virginity for the second time, it was that amazing!  That is my review from CHI-TOWN.  Take from it what you will!  Rock on Gunners, have loads of fun at the other shows.  WOOOO  

G-Face

What gnrbeliever and Ghost Face had to say was so well put, that I doubt anyone could say it better!!!  I knew before I arrived for the concert that I was gonna see one fantastic performance by Guns N' Roses, but first let me tell you that MixMasterMike was totally cool too, if you are into that. It was a bit long, as many complained, but his moves were extremely exceptional to say the least.

It was a great crowd, despite the adversity of a few fans that consummed too much alcohol, which led to a few fights.

After the show the 13 of us went back stage to congratulate Dizzy on an excellent performance. To see my nephew on stage makes me very proud in deed.  Naturally we were all focused on Dizzy, but it was cool to shake Axl's hand and chat with him. He is like a good bottle of wine. He has improved with age!! His hair is gorgeous!! Tiny little multi-colored braids. Not sure if you would call them dreadlocks or not. Now, Dizzy's hair is definitely dreadlocks and just as gorgeous.

I, like Ghost Face didn't want the night to end. We partied till after 2 am. This was an incredible night to remember. Some of us bought T-shirts and then Dizzy was handing out some to the rest of us. He autographed mine of course. It's now in my collection amongst all the others. We took some family photos, and then we had to hug and kiss good-bye. Dizzy was second to last to board the tour busses. It's hard to say good-byes, when you don't see him so often.

So to all you fans that don't feel all these new GunsN'Roses band members sound as good as the old ones. I beg to differ with you!! They are better!! You had to be there to experience the awesome sound they make as a band contributing all their talents together. They will always rock!

I went to minneapolis and I can say I had a similar experience.  Lets just put it like this:  At the end of the night I could barely speak (Due to enormous amounts of yelling and singing along to everysong) and my legs were sore from the amount of pressure I put on them by jumping all over the place! I would easily pay $200 for the same seats (lower level, near to stage) if they come back to MN, hell, I would drive 500 miles to see a concert like that again.  From the first moments they came on stage until they left I felt like a child. (I now know how those screamin' girl fans of NSYNC feel)

CAN NOT WAIT TILL DEC 17TH TEXAS SHOW...2-SWEET.

wow ur related to dizzy reed? no way how sweet is that? 2-SWEET! yeah i have to agree this NEW GNR is better than the old & that says a lot considering how bad ass the original was. ALL these critics esp GNRLIES(WITH ALL DUE RESPECT) need 2 stop their wineing and groaning and accept the fact that the new GNR is 4 real and be damn appreciative that AXL was able to bring in a deadly guitar combo in Robin Finck & of course my boy BUCKETHEAD(add richard fortus to ice the deal) and people like GNRLIES a name a few just keep groaning and wineing when they should be appreciative of what they have which is the hand down the best fuckin hard rock band in the world. PERIOD! There is not a another band on the planet right now that cam hold a candle with this gunners. They bitch and moan about the bad things and overlook the good things and the bottom line is this. THE NEW GNR ROCKS!!!!

NEW GNR 4 LIFE

2-SWEET!!