Axl's New Style

NiGhTrAiN66

But you see thats just unprofessionalism

Which is the fault of axl, not some manager of some venue who has certain rules and proceedures to follow.

It's called rock and roll, not meeting to go over the fiscal year projections and profits.... *sigh*  gnrlies, you just don't understand rock n roll  

^ well I think that it's all part of the aura and unpredictiabiltiy of Axl and that's what can make it fun and intresting , but the fact is Most of us spend a lot of money oon these tickets and plan a whole day maybe a weekend around a show , and many of us have jobs to go to the next day and if he shows up way late or not at all then that's just not fair to all us fans , but you do have the option of avoiding all that by just not goin or just getting boots ( so I guess there is two sides to this dilema ) Still , though It would be the right thing to do if evrything would go a little more smothly , But it IS rock n F*#kin roll !

Peace GnR Nation  8)

I mean either way, those fans were pissed at axl then, and i mean you wouldn't do that to those fans. It would just insult them more.

Of course they were pissed at Axl at that point.  They weren't told then that he was on his way and fully intended to perform and that it was the venue manager that pulled the plug.  Wonder why that was?   ::)

Everyone raves about the GNR attitude and how great it is that they didn't play by the rules.  Yada yada yada.  Then they b*tch cause Axl isn't playing the rules.  Pick a f*cking side people.  You can't have it both ways.  Being late is typical Axl.  Learn to live with it and plan for it or don't go.   :P

Of course they were pissed at Axl at that point.  They weren't told then that he was on his way and fully intended to perform and that it was the venue manager that pulled the plug.  Wonder why that was?   ::)

Everyone raves about the GNR attitude and how great it is that they didn't play by the rules.  Yada yada yada.  Then they b*tch cause Axl isn't playing the rules.  Pick a f*cking side people.  You can't have it both ways.  Being late is typical Axl.  Learn to live with it and plan for it or don't go.   :P

Amen!

Couldn't have said it better.  ;D

But i mean you cant have this sort of thing happen...

I mean all you are doing is kicking your fans in the pants...

I mean as far as the rock and roll thing, well i mean sure, i know it doesn't work like a business or whatever, but a person who is responsible for a venue is involved in business, and has to have a certain level of professioanlism which Axl didn't provide them with.

I mean i dont know why the manager pulled the plug, and neither does anyone here, but im sure it wasn't out of impulse or  splurge. there would of been reasons for it...

As for the Playing by the rules bit, i mean that is not really applicable, because when you sell tickets and make people make plans, bookings etc whatever, then you owe them the courtesy of showing up.

I'm with Gnrlies here.  I'm all for anarchy in rock and roll, but there's a line between anarchy and professionalism (if you don't believe me look at the WTC bombers and how well choreographed hey were.  And no, I'm not comparing Axl to an insane bomber.)  

When you schedule a concert, others go by your schedule.  In this case 12,000 fans, an entire road crew, two opening bands, your own band and venue employees.  Some of them have to catch buses or trains to get home.  Some of them have been working all day and then go to the concert.  Some of them knock themselves out to be there on time.  And all have a certain amount of money to lose when Axl decides he's not ready to go on for another couple of hours.

For some this means missing the concert or being stranded in a dangerous area or missing work the next day.

While I respect that Axl has to feel prepared to go on, I never respected his inability to go on as planned.  The crux of the matter is he's proven he can do it -- every television or radio show, Vegas '01, and probably more.

i think the real issue here, is whether we are blaming some manager becuase he wasn't prepared to put up with axl's professionalism.

Perhaps we should be looking a little closer to home, and perhaps realise that although some others (venue managers) may tolerate axl, we cannot expect them all to when they themselves have people to answer to, and rules to follow, regardless of the vulnerability of rock music, and the history of axl rose.  

you are making no sense and using the WTC trajedy in a example where you are clueless is a mistake.   Then you're going on about working all day , losing money and being stranded in a dangerous place.   It sounds like going to this shows just has so many difficult issues involved....maybe you should stay home.   It's very simple.    Some bands go on whenever they want without compromise.  This is one of them and I'm sure it will always be that way as long as Rose is on  Vocals.  This is a rock concert you are talking about here not a doctors appointment .  If you want punctuality then maybe consider a Michael Bolton show.  I hear he's very reliable.

Sin City

i think the idea is to show up!!

I mean i dont know where you have been the last 2 weeks, but we are refering to the Vancouver show that was canceled....

I mean you cant just not show up when people have made all these arrangements etc. I mean its just not worthy treatment of fans. I mean regardless of who's fault vancouver was (that situation is too unclear to really make a comment about) In general, if you make plans for a concert, you have to meet them.

You make it sound as if he scheduled this show and then blew it off.  He didn't.  He was on his way.  This nothing new.  He does this all the time.  It's the way he operates.  Not one show since the beginning of this tour has started on time. Probably not one show he's ever done.  It ain't as if someone's forcing anyone to do this.  People bought tickets to see someone who is notorious for being late to hit the stage.  And the management scheduled a show featuring someone who is notorious for being late.  Everyone knew what they were getting into.  So don't waste time blaming Axl for being Axl.   If you find his behavior unprofessional and unacceptable, don't f*cking go.

Look, i know what your saying, but what i am saying, is that it was the manager of a venue, who does have to expect a certain level of professionalism from their clients (i.e. axl turning up on time). Now the fans dont care about professionalism, the fans would of waited all hours of the monring for him, no problems, but for a manager of a venue, it doesn't work like that. The manager has people to answer for, and if the venue is cleaned / closed at a particualr time or whatever, then the manager has no other choice but to pull the plug (no-one knows why it was scrapped, but im sure the manager had his reasons). And although many other venues may tolerate axl's unprofessioanlism, you can expect them all to tolerate it.

At the end of the day, the show was canceled becuase of axl's unprofessionalism, and it doesn't matter what industry it is, or what you would normally expect from the man, when you are dealing with another business you have to give them back a certain degree of coutesy and umm whats the word, being on time.

Fans dont care, but managers of a business do...

well im sure the contract that is signed contains many clauses that cover things like this, and hence it was canceled...

I mean all im saying is that at the end of the day, whoever pulled the plug, it was axl who was late, and therefore it was his fault.....

I mean if you booked a doctors appointment and you didn't whow up until 30 minites late, and the dodcotr canceled your booking, its not the doctors fault for canceling, its your faul for not coming on time.

And although many other venues may tolerate axl's unprofessioanlism, you can expect them all to tolerate it.

Well if those venues can't tolerate Axl's way for doing things maybe they have a reality check and not book an artist like Axl.  Otherwise they may find themselves in the same position as Vancouver.  Pulling the plug on an act that people really want to see tends to make fans cranky.

well im sure the contract that is signed contains many clauses that cover things like this, and hence it was canceled...

I mean all im saying is that at the end of the day, whoever pulled the plug, it was axl who was late, and therefore it was his fault.....

I mean if you booked a doctors appointment and you didn't whow up until 30 minites late, and the dodcotr canceled your booking, its not the doctors fault for canceling, its your faul for not coming on time.

OMFG, that was by far the most rediculous thing i have ever heard... EVER.  There was nothign in the contract, or Axl wouldn't be suing THEM.  They would be suing AXL.  He wasnt' late.  He WOULD have been there by 10:00 pm... that is very reasonable.  A DR's appointment?  LMFAO ... You see, that would apply if the FANS didn't show up, as they went to see GnR.. GnR didn't go to see them lol... The DR is providing you a service... Anyway, I dont' see why you even post here anymore... All you seem to do is bash axl, and the new GnR... You like to point out every fault and jab them just because the Slash isnt' in the group.. Why don't you go post on the SnakePit only forum?  ridiculous.

OMFG, that was by far the most rediculous thing i have ever heard... EVER.  There was nothign in the contract, or Axl wouldn't be suing THEM.  They would be suing AXL.

I've been following this very closely because I am a long time GNR fan that got disappointed at the Vancouver no-go.

The only thing I have heard in regards to Axl sueing the venue is his statement on the KISW interview saying "we have a legal team looking into it" (this could mean we have a legal team looking to see if the venue has grounds to sue us) Is there any more news on this?

AFAIK clearchannel is supposed to take the bill, which is kinda bs. The venue manager (Harvey Jones) has proven that he is lacking knowledge in crowd mentality and shouldnt have anything to do with hosting events.

Maybe GNR can do a gig at BC Place in Vancouver after the album.  Although, the police (why do they have a say?) say that Vancouver will never have GNR again.  Not really sure if they would want to bother coming back anyway.  :(

you know what ? we're in a situation that we take axl's problem with timing as granted and using this we try to excuse other things. ok,he's got that problem. but he should fix it... it's bad to take for granted something bad only and only because you're used to it ? do you know the story with the poor and the wise man ? i'll tell it quickly: There was that poor man who lived in a very small house with his wife and 10 children. one day he goes to the wise man and says his problem "i'm very poor and my house isn't as big as it should be in order me and my family to live normally. my children sleep on the floor and we only have one room for everyone..". the wise man replies "today when you go home you will let your dog sleep in the house too..". next day he goes again and says "today we couldn't even sleep.. we were very tight and the dog barked all night..". wise man "today you will let your cow sleep in the house too". this happened for a long time. one day the poor man says "we cannot take this anymore.. we haven't sleeped for a week now and your advice doesn't help us". wise "ok then,from today you'll let no animals sleep in your room". the next day the poor man says "wow! thanx for the help!!! today we slept better than ever.."

doesn't it remind you of axl's timing case and the way we react to it ? 10$ for the stroy ;) i must have sounded very wise saying this ,hehe :)

That damned evil Axl!  Not meeting our expectations and then using his mind control device to force venues to book him and us all to buy tickets!  Wonder where he finds the time!  Must really cut into the time he uses to tie poor innocent virgins to railroad tracks and twirl his moustache with a fiendish laugh.  Maybe that's why he shaved the beard.