Axl's rants -- where have they gone?

madison

Why do you suppose Axl hasn't been doing many rants during his shows?  In the past, it was tradition. And I liked when he shared his thoughts and feelings about songs or whatever was on his mind.  

Your thoughts? Do you miss them? Or are you glad he's ranting less?

I think that there is one reason why he isn't ranting as much....

he has got too much on his plate to really worry about other things that he used to rant about. He is more focussed on playing the music, and being well received than to rant...

He should hopefully get back into full swing after the albums released.. I miss them! haha

Axl is building a whole bunch of lines for when or if he gets back with the entire guns, and then he let them rip, because there are a bunch of unloyal fans that have sold this band out.  Keep it real, Rock is an art just like Metal.  One way or the other We are lucky that this group of musicians are still alive.

DoubleTalking JiveTalk

;D  

thats another thing......

Do you reckon that axl actually writes his rants in advance, or whether theyre just made up ont he spot...

Becuase when ever there is an interview or somehting, axl doesn't seem to be able to articulate his words very well, however his rants are always so perfect...

My fav. rant that i know of is the DTJ rant with warren beatty from Paris 92...

I like that.. Its funny..

again you poke at axl... he speaks just fine in interviews... I think you are the one who can't understand what he is trying to say... and no i dont' think he writes them in advance... he may think about what he is going to say.... wow, you get beat as a child?  something is seriously wrong with you... i suggest you step into theropy, and if you already are... you need a new DR.    ;D

I imagine when Axl rants it's about sh*t that's been weighing on his mind so he probably has thought through exactly what he wants to say without the intention of ranting about it.  And I miss those rants alot.  Always entertaining and often relevant. A couple of great ones at RIR3 but my favorite was Chicago 92 rant about his family's reaction to his Rolling Stone interview.  

again you poke at axl... he speaks just fine in interviews... I think you are the one who can't understand what he is trying to say... and no i dont' think he writes them in advance... he may think about what he is going to say.... wow, you get beat as a child?  something is seriously wrong with you... i suggest you step into theropy, and if you already are... you need a new DR.    ;D

Dude, why the fuck do you have to look too deep into things... I am not fucking anti axl, and i am pissed off that you say this shit...

Secondly, if you hear his interview with kurt loder after VMA's you will know the kind of thing im talking about. Another thing his rant on the GNRONLINE website also kind of is hard to read.

Its not like im saying he's a fucking retard, just saying that he's no poet or whatever when he's talking normally, but when he rants he can puit things together with a greater ability.

Actually I heard somwhere that Axl has a very high IQ mark  ;D , maybe he just feels there are to many bigger problems in the world today and that there is so much more serious stuff that he decided it's just not a right time to be ranting about things that probably pale in comparision and he wants to be respectful .

Peace GnR Nation  8)

• 7 years later...

Why do you suppose Axl hasn't been doing many rants during his shows?  In the past, it was tradition. And I liked when he shared his thoughts and feelings about songs or whatever was on his mind.  

Your thoughts? Do you miss them? Or are you glad he's ranting less?

I missed his rants until a couple of days ago.....