Roger Waters VS John Lennon

Who is more godlike?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

negative10.jpg

How is what I say or do on this forum in any way attention seeking? Basically, you can't think of even 1 decent argument, so you offer some ludicrous Jpeg?

Twat.

Edited by Lumiere

negative10.jpg

How is what I say or do on this forum in any way attention seeking? Basically, you can't think of even 1 decent argument, so you offer some ludicrous Jpeg?

Twat.

I see you standing there, you think you're so cool. Why don't you just fuck off?

I see you standing there, you think you're so cool. Why don't you just fuck off?

Oh, quote some shitty lyrics why don't you. I'm really, really crying inside at your innovative use of someone else's (poor) insult.

Grow up, you illiterate cunt.

Oh, quote some shitty lyrics why don't you. I'm really, really crying inside at your innovative use of someone else's (poor) insult.

Grow up, you illiterate cunt.

What is your point, what do you want?

Edited by White_Mouse

You guys are really lost when it comes to lyrics - not everything that is suppousedly "deep and insightful" means it's good or godlike - Lennon was a terrific songwriter as was/is Waters , but I've never heard them write a "sexy" lyric or and attitude -filled ass kicker or a grim demonic metal style lyric , or a great drinkin' tune . Lyrics are as varied and different as the people that write them and greatness is indivduial to each . Sure "Imagine" has very strong meaningful lyrics as only Lennon could pen , but then Back in Black has some bad-ass lyrics also , but could you see Lennon writing that , Or Waters writng something like Welcome to the Jungle or something like For Whom the Bell Tolls . I'm just trying to say not everything is suppoused to make you think for it to be great . GNR has great lyrics for the type of landscape they were in , same for Metallica or AC/DC or The Stones , Clash , Ramones , whatever , Yeah they are some utterly garbage lyricist out there ( a lot of pop / hip hop stars come to mind ) . I guess greatness is relative to what you're band is trying to accomplish . I write lyrics myself all the time and don't compare them to anyone's because they are what I feel/see and think through my life and everyone's is different so who's to really say what's true greatness , utter crap is easy to spot though .

Peace GnR Nation B)

You guys are really lost when it comes to lyrics - not everything that is suppousedly "deep and insightful" means it's good or godlike - Lennon was a terrific songwriter as was/is Waters , but I've never heard them write a "sexy" lyric or and attitude -filled ass kicker or a grim demonic metal style lyric , or a great drinkin' tune . Lyrics are as varied and different as the people that write them and greatness is indivduial to each . Sure "Imagine" has very strong meaningful lyrics as only Lennon could pen , but then Back in Black has some bad-ass lyrics also , but could you see Lennon writing that , Or Waters writng something like Welcome to the Jungle or something like For Whom the Bell Tolls . I'm just trying to say not everything is suppoused to make you think for it to be great . GNR has great lyrics for the type of landscape they were in , same for Metallica or AC/DC or The Stones , Clash , Ramones , whatever , Yeah they are some utterly garbage lyricist out there ( a lot of pop / hip hop stars come to mind ) . I guess greatness is relative to what you're band is trying to accomplish . I write lyrics myself all the time and don't compare them to anyone's because they are what I feel/see and think through my life and everyone's is different so who's to really say what's true greatness , utter crap is easy to spot though .

I think you can't compare AC/DC THe Clash or even GN'R with John Lennon when it's up to insightful and deep songs. I mean "Welcome to the Jungle we got fun n' games we got everything you want honey we know the names" How deep is that?

It's easy to figure out a flat song but it is heavy to figure out how deep a song really is.

I'm just saying that a lyric/song doesn't have to be deep to be considered good or great , like that line in WTTJ it's not deep/insightful but it's pretty reall and street and damn true , so it's a good tough lyric , not cheesey or "flat" like a Poison lyric .

Peace GnR Nation B)