CHICAGO 5 days!!

Ghost_Guns

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you see thats the thing.. Im right..!!

I mean sure of course generally people from THE USA are called americans, and people from canada are called canadians, but the reason why i replied saying that these peopl are ignorant, is becuase they pointed out a mistake that I made, when i was actually technically correct.

I mean people from chile, and brazil, and argentina are also technically americans. Just as people from south africa are africans, and people from singapore are asians.

Just as people from USA and Canada are both americans.

To be perfectly honest with you, i actually did mean people from USA when i said americans, but i mean for someone to point out that i am wrong when i am actually right!!! FUCK!

And as for canadians getting pissed off at being called americans, its only becuase they would think that i am refering them to people from the USA. And the reason why people from america are typically called americans is becuase you cant exactly call them "united states ans", but that still doesn't detract from the fact that what i said was correct and whoever pointed me out for being incorrect had to be dogged for that very particualr reason.

...Just as people from USA and Canada are both americans....

You're wrong dude. People who live in Canada are NOT Americans. This isn't opinion -- this is fact.  We live here. We know.

The smartest and most respected people in the world are the ones who are intelligent enough to admit when they're wrong. Obviously, you're neither.

Does what i say make some kind of sense???

And as for the ingnorant thing, i said i was trying to aviod using those terms, but its true aint it???

I mean for people living in the US to think that they are the only people living in america.. (north america) and that canada is not in america (north america)

I dont want to get into a whole US people are ignorant debate becuase i think we have all taken out what we needed from that, but i mean you cant exactly aregue tham im wrong, otherwise you are developing the ignorance that was being talked about.

Does what i say make some kind of sense???

And as for the ingnorant thing, i said i was trying to aviod using those terms, but its true aint it???

I mean for people living in the US to think that they are the only people living in america.. (north america) and that canada is not in america (north america)

I dont want to get into a whole US people are ignorant debate becuase i think we have all taken out what we needed from that, but i mean you cant exactly aregue tham im wrong, otherwise you are developing the ignorance that was being talked about.

::)

so are you saying that people in canada dont live in america????

I mean this is what im talking about....

I am technically correct. Im not saying that people from canada are called americans by lots of people, or even that i would call them americans myself, all i am saying is that i am technically correct!

Just as:

people from indonesia are asians ;

People from senegal are africans ;

People from france are europeans ;

people from new south wales are australians;

Its how it works. It might not be generally used, but its tecnically correct. I mean for you to be correct, would be for Canada not to be in North America. Which it is!

And why would i be smart if i admitted i was wrong? I mean im right! I know im right.... No-one can argue with my logic. It amazes me to see how someone so logical as yourself madison, cant see what im saying.

And you dont have to live there to know. Its not like you become an expert on the subject just cos you live there..

People who live in the USA = Americans

People who live in Canada = Canadians

etc etc etc

Though graphically cananda is situated on the continent of North America!

Hence people from canada can also be refered to americans as well as canadians. just as indians can be called asians.

goddamn....canada is apart of North America...we are the United States of America..hence Americans.  Canadians are canadian..not american.  No one calls them americans or even North Americans.  Just doesn't flow like that.  You don't call people in mexico..Americans..even though that is apart of the North American continent.  

G-Face

I dont think anyone here has a clue what im talking about.....

I am not talking about general names that people get called. I would never refer to a canadian as american, but what i am saying, is that the term "american" applies to anybody living in america. And America includes canada. I mean thats a fact. Theres no arguement here. I mean you are all arguing something totally different to what im saying.

Ok....

Its like people from canada are "north americans" I mean if you want to add the North in there to separate the generalised notion of "americans" as citizens of USA. Just like people from south america are "south americans". And hence people in north and south america are just "americans"

I cant believe that this arguement even exists, let alone people to first argue against it, and then to even tell me to stop arguing because im wrong!!!

I mean come on!

I might be outspoken but im right! Perhaps its that you havent properly read my messages or somehting, but my argument is simple, and factual, so i dont know what people are being so ummm whats the word "retarded"....

Ok, time to put your foolish communist views to shame it breaks down like this...

Canada is on the North American Continent

America is on the North American Continent

So, if you are going to refer to Canadians as "Americans" you will need to clarify and say, 'North Americans' as they are NOT 'Americans'.

You commies in China and India or whatever 3rd world country you are from may group your entire region into "Asia" and call everyone "Asians" but that is NOT how it works here.  No sane person on the planet would plan a trip to "America" and wind up in Canada!  Hey lets go to Toronto, America... no, It's Canada.  When you refer to 'America' or 'Americans' you are refering to a person who lives in the United States of America.  A person born in Edmonton does not say, "I was born in America Eh", they say, "I was born in Canada Eh"  'nuff said

But you see i agree with what you saying mr sparkle....

I wouldn't call myself american if i lived in canada either.

But what i am saying is that becuase canada is in the region of the world defined as the "americas" or "america", then i can technically get away with calling canadians americans.

and america is north and south america.

Its not the USA....

Thats why i dont have to specify "North Americans" becuase its all one place if you want it to be.

And americans is a term given to people living in america. And people in canada live in american, i.e. North America, or the north of america.

why should it only be "north american" ?

Ok, let me break it down.....

americans is a term given to people living in america, right?

there are two continents of america, North and South. But as a whole you could technically refer to it as america, or the america's ar whatever... right?

People in canada live in north america.,.. right?

since people in Canda live in north america, you can say they live in america or the america's..... right?

Therefore people who live in canada live in america or the america's and can therefore be refered to as americans.

no, the correct term is 'North American' not American.. my passport says I am an American.. a Canadians passport DOES NOT SAY THEY ARE AMERICAN

Well in that case, why can people from USA be called american, and not have to put the North in front????

They are in north america.....

What makes them so different from canadians in that  they get the right to be called american? and not North American?

Because our country is called the united states of america.  Its totally different.  You don't have  canada called..the United Canada of America.  Or mexico..united mexico of america.  People came from england to colonize the americas.  Create their own people.  Not european..but american.  The north american continent has no value..it is just a name.  

G-Face

haha i just checked out this thread and it's really funny. here's my opinion :

Europe --> europeans

Asia --> asians

Africa --> africans

America --> americans

Oceania --> (haven't heard this ,always remember them as australians)

about the "american" term the real use is for all people who live in america. i mean a mexican is an american cause he lives in america ,what's so hard to understand about it ? however in everyday use by saying american we mean the us-people, but that's only as an abbreviation because the name "united states of america" doesn't help a lot to give a proper name for its citizens. maybe the right could be USamerican.. but no way you can tell a brazillian/mexican/canadian that he's not an american.. he lives in america for god's sake!! ;)

but you see people from the USA have adopted americans as their name purely becuase there is nohing else to be used.. I mean theyre not gonna call themselves Unitedens or somehtign stupid like that, so it makes sense to call them americans... Fine a agree...

But becuase canda is in "america" as defined in a previous statement, there is grounds of callung them americans... Just as they can be called North Americans..

I mean we had to use a word to define people in north america and south america combined, then  "american" would be the term used.... Hence it is perfectly legitimate to call canadians americans... Its purely technical....