CHICAGO 5 days!!

Ghost_Guns

goddamn..he lives in North America...the North American continent doesn't classify the type of person you are or where you come from.  It doesn't work that way.  If you live in mexico..you are Mexican..you liven in Canada you are Canadian..you live in The United States of America..you are American.  Pretty simple..you are being too technical..but where your flaw comes in is where you think just because you live on the North American continent..that this classifies you as American...because it doesn't.  There is so much more meaning behind the names...you wouldn't go to mexico and go..damn these americans around here.  You'd be looked at as if you were from another planet.

G-Face

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"People came from england to colonize the americas"

They came from spain first, so that's not really an argument. and americo vespucci (or whatever he was spelled) has a latin origin, the term america has a latin ,not an anglosaxon origin, so i don't see the reason why the other countries in america shouldn't use it.. the use to describe the us citizens is only something we have been used to ,not something logically fair... just a convention..

anyways that's not so important to argue about. when i say american i mean usa, but i'm making a geographical generalization at the same moment cause american is a term coming from the continent not the country. however i accept (and know) that i'm making a bat term use for sake of economy in speach. that's all there is in it to discuss.. nothing more nothing less.. after all i always hated geography ;)

???

dude like i said before..when canada or mexico have America on the end of their names..than they can be called Americans :D  that technical jive sux...

G-Face

But that doesn't matter, becuase mexicans can be called mexicans or americans just as indonesians can be also called asians. Its got nothing to do with having america on the end... Thats a reason for poeople from USA having american as their "name cally thingy", not a reason why canadians shouldn't....

I dont think anyone here has a clue what im talking about.....

I am not talking about general names that people get called. I would never refer to a canadian as american ...

But you did refer to Canadians as Americans. And that is wrong -- pure and simple. Get over it.

.. I might be outspoken but im right! Perhaps its that you havent properly read my messages or somehting, but my argument is simple, and factual, so i dont know what people are being so ummm whats the word "retarded"....

Dude, you're the one who doesn't read other people's messages. H*ll, you thought I was a dude on another thread!  ::) Just shows you don't read people's posts very carefully.

haha yes. I got a labotomy at age 10.. Please, its not my fault!

Now this explains it!  :D ;D  

Glad you were the one who said it.

Holy crap... DUDE!!!!!!!!!!

When you use the term 'American' BY IT'S F**KING SELF you are refering to a term that deals with citizenship.  There for, anyone who is on the North American Continent is NORTH F**UCKING AMERICAN!!  If you say 'American' it is the United Stats of F**cking America as it is clearly stated in the constitution and on my god damn passport that it says i am American!!!!!!!!

Now get over it, you are wrong, you can NOT call a Canadian an American.... They are North Americans on the North American Continent.  Leaving the North off is not proper and you would get your ass kicked if you went to Canada and called them "American".  It's not proper.. I dare you to go to French canada and say, "This American town is nice" and see if you dont' get beat down in 2 seconds... If you said, "This nice town in Canada, in NORTH AMERICA" you may get away with it.

stop making a fool of yourself... There has been 10 peeps against your 2 peeps saying YOU ARE WRONG   ;D

As for the 'America' issue-I am an American, and I agree with the majority here. You can't call a Canadian an American.

Also I am proud to be an American, and to me the first word that comes to mind when I think about it, is Freedom. You can't nessarily apply that to all of 'North' and  'South' America. And I know that is besides the point, though some of you are right about non-americans being offended. Just as I would be offended if someone called me by a nationality I am not.

For Fuck sake!

I mean i think the thing that everyone here who disagree's with me have in common, is that you all come from the USA!

I mean the USA is one country that adopts the name America. And just cos your fucking constution says that you will be classified as "american" on your fucking passports means shit. And to all those who say shit like "you wouldn 't call a canadian american" or whatever, thats absolutely totally off the point. I agree with that. BUT i am merely saying in the technical sense, since canadians live in america (YES! Thats right, the USA isn't the only country in America!) they can also be called americans in the technical sense as well!

I mean for you to all argue this shows the stupidity of you all.. I mean i can accept that to call a canadian an american is not exactly the best way to put it, but none of you seem to be able to grasp the idea that if someone lives in america, the technical name for it is an american. Thats factual, and you cant argue with facts!  

You just might be the stupidest person on the internet.  WE didn't adopt anything... our name is america... You keep saying technical... you are so wrong you shouldn't even be allowed on the internet to spred your commie views.. lmao  Slang would be american, Technically sound would be North American.. You are wrong, wrong wrong... and everyone here knows it.  Everyone here has proved you wrong over and over again.   ;D

You're so right Mr. Sparkle. I tip my hat to you.  ;)

But, you know, you have to have a certain degree of intelligence to recognize and admit when you're wrong. Obviously, our friend's IQ hasn't reached that level yet.  ;D