Re: Minneapolis 11/14 GnR Review (Amazing)

Ghost_Guns

well we're sure not the bad bad people in here.. we just don't get overexcited by one or two fan reviews. we take those in account, we wait until there are more reviews, from magazines etc , we take those also in account and then we judge. or even better we wait to see them play with our own eyes because you can never have the perfect view until you are a witness. everyone says what he thinks, not what I think..

yes ok there i agree. however all fans are not satisfied by the same things .. some fans prefer there are a lot of people and fights, some fans prefer to just sit and watch the band, some fans prefer to listen to the technique and the mistakes of the band, there are hundred of things, we all have different priorities and that's why you can never trust completely even fan reviews.. after all it's always better to read the bad reviews too ,cause then you have a better picture. the fan usually won't be critical, but some sick persons (like me) want to know what the band did wrong, where the singer screwed, what it could have done better.. for me that's part of the fun, i can't just sit and read to praising reviews , in the end i'll feel it's boring ;) even the complains i may do later is part of what attracts me to the live aspect of a band. would it be the same if there was no contradiction and debates and we were all here happy-HD, happy-GF, happy-MADISON, etc etc and discuss all the time how good gnr is ? that would be simply stupid ,like we were lobotomised .. ;)

well for me i dont care what some rock critic says, if itrs good for me then its good... BUT::::::::

The current GNR is not as good as the old GNR.... And thats the difference.... The old GNR got good reviews from both critics and fans, where as this band is only getting the reviews from the fans who are abviously biased... So any concert for me is going to be ghood, but is it as good??? No i dont think so.. Thats why a more unbiased and critical view needs to be looked at, becuase no fan would say it sucked...

one comment on rock critics. They are frustrated musicians who couldn't make it in the rock n roll world so they take out those frustrations by talking trash about other bands and musicians. ::)

Again G-Face, the new band is pretty good, but will never rise to the same level, either musically, spiritually.  I really admire your ability to grasp the new concept of GNR.  If there wouldn't have been fans like you, there wouldn't even have been an origial GNR.  But, I do hope for a reunion before I die.

^ Correct , Until this New Band releases thier own material < Old GnR fans ( myself included ) are going to be hestiant on them because we have nothing to Judge them on < They are great players No agrument from me , but how will the music sound . I'm not gonna pass judgement after only 3 new songs that I've heard .

Peace GnR Nation  8)

one comment on rock critics. They are frustrated musicians who couldn't make it in the rock n roll world so they take out those frustrations by talking trash about other bands and musicians. ::)

I don't think it's fair to paint all music critics with the same brush. Their job is to report both the good and bad parts of a show from an objective -- but also subjective -- point of view.  

Look at Kurt Loder -- I think he's fair.  He points out the weaknesses as well as the strengths.

you are right madison. And I do love that Kurt Loder :). I just have met many critics that write for magazines and newspapers and they all have one beef or another against certain bands and that happens to put a slant on everything they write.  It is only human nature to have biases, I just think some of them go over board and trash someone just because they personally dont like them. I didn't mean to stereotype at all. sorry it came out that way